Metals and the God metals

lordofsoup

So its been a long time. I have a bad tendency to disappear from places, the internet and RL included. But I was rereading AoL, and came across the section of the Ars Arcaneum where the author talks about the possibility of combining the god metals and the normal metals. I assume that this means that there are 50 different types of Allomatic metals instead of 16 plus the 2 god metals. I assume that someone has already noticed, so I was just wondering if anyone had a link where it was discussed in greater length.

@ do you think that a misting would be able to burn 3 metals, one normal, one alloyed with Atium, and another alloyed with Lesarium?

Edited by lordofsoup

If you combine Lerasium with any other metal you would get a Misting of that metal. As if you combined Lerasium with steel and swallowed it, you would get a Coinshot. I don't have a link but this is essentially what happens when you combine Lerasium with another Allomantic metal.

As for Atium I've been reading this thread: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/1180-thoughts-on-atium-alloys/

Again I can't provide a link to Sanderson's own testament because I can't find it.

And no, a Misting can burn only one metal, even the alloys of their base metal cannot be burnt. As with Lurchers, burning iron, they cannot use the alloy of iron - steel - to Push. It doesn't work that way; either you can burn all the metals, or just one.

Edited by Lyrebon

• Chaos locked this topic