The Newly Converted Introduces Herself

Kalystia

Hi guys, I’m a recently converted fan of Brandon’s, looking forward to participating in discussion about his works with other fans! I read the Mistborn first, was completely hooked, and then moved on to Elantris. I enjoyed Elantris, though not as much as the Mistborn, and am currently reading Warbreaker. After this, I’ll move onto Way of Kings, which I am extremely excited about. After discussing Brandon’s work on Reddit for some time now, I thought I’d join his actual form so that I can connect with other fans while I read the remainder of his works.

A little about me: I am a 21 year old female student living in Queensland, Australia. I have an Arts degree with majors in History and English, and am passionate about literature. I have a tiny dog with an irrepressible personality named Sidney. My favourite non-Sanderson book is Donna Tartt’s The Secret History, along with Robin Hobb’s Farseer trilogy, and of course, Harry Potter. I have read the first three volumes of A Song of Ice and Fire, but became frustrated with its pace. I plan to pick it up again at a later time, but I’ve been distracted by many other books at the moment. I have an e-reader, which I absolutely love. There is something wonderful about the fact that I can carry around my entire library with me wherever I go. I still love real books, though, and collect them constantly. My favourite film is Good Will Hunting, and I was particularly impressed by Prometheus, though I’ve only seen it once. My favourite band is The Jezabels – if you haven’t heard of them, I strongly suggest rectifying that situation!

I have a blog, here: http://thegirlwiththeebookreader.blogspot.com.au/ You can find my reviews of Mistborn and Elantris here. I’d welcome comments, if you feel so inclined. I would love to hear from you, and would love to read your reviews, if you have your own blogs.

• Chaos locked this topic