Hemalurgic construct questions

Sky Breaker

Question

So we know if an inquisitor loses it’s spikes it dies and if you take it from a kandra it loses its sapience but what if you take it from a koloss or those things from LM and SoS. I think the koloss might just get less strong but what about the baggy/stretched skin or being like 10 feet tall? And would they get there intelligence back or not?

3 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Sky Breaker said:

So we know if an inquisitor loses it’s spikes it dies and if you take it from a kandra it loses its sapience but what if you take it from a koloss or those things from LM and SoS. I think the koloss might just get less strong but what about the baggy/stretched skin or being like 10 feet tall? And would they get there intelligence back or not?

Kandra are a special case since they are made from Mistwraiths and gain their sentience directly from Hemalurgy.

I assume that if you were to remove a Koloss's spikes they'd die due to how twisted their body has become. Without the added strength their defored bodies might collapse in on themselves. Maybe they'd get some of their humanity back but then die right after, which would be pretty tragic.

Inquisitors die if they loose the lynchpin, but that was a specific weakness built into them and exists because they have too many spikes.  Theoretically anyone under that threshold should just revert to their former form, and if the spikes can drive the dramatic physical change then removal should be able to do it in reverse (and it appears to be quick enough to survive).  So depending on era they'd either go back to human or to Half-Koloss.  

8 hours ago, Sky Breaker said:

It's difficult to say what would happen, though I think that there's some wiggle room for debate. 

My guess is that you could remove some of the spikes without killing the Koloss, and they might get back a smidgen of their former level of sapience, but overall it would leave them more damaged and weak than with the spikes; those spikes are now an integral part of their Spiritweb, so removing them would have disastrous consequences for them.

It's also worth noting that they have 4 spikes, which is the threshold at which you need a Linchpin spike, so it's very unlikely that all could be remove without killing them.

Edited by Trusk'our
Spelling corrections.