The Blessed— A RP of some kind

TwinSouls

Hello, and welcome to my second first attempt at starting a RP thread! 

Still working out the kinks to my magic system, but I’d figured I should post this.

so, uh… yeah.

spoiler because its not that important.

Spoiler

Thain stumbled out of the tavern, falling into a puddle of Crimson, the ever-present, blood-like liquid that pooled in corners. As he staggered to his feet, the Crimson flowed off him, burning his skin where it had touched the liquid. He shook his fist at the now closed door.

“I said I would pay you!” He half slurred, half shouted at the door.

It was dark, twin moons hanging in the sky, with buildings looming overhead. A lantern went out, dropping the street into darkness.

I should probably go find some Aqua, the non-drunk part of his mind thought. He pulled a flask off his hip, and took a swig. The burns on his skin sealed up, leaving a bluish tint to the healed skin. He pulls a vial of Ebony, the rarest of the six Substances, and casually tosses it over his shoulder at the door of the bar. The door bursts inward, and erupts in black, tar-like flames.

Edited by TwinSouls

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2024 at 5:01 PM, Ancient Elantrian said:

SAME!

@TwinSouls got the magic worked out? 

Still working out some kinks

37 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

the parts of the magic system that I have seen do look very interesting

I scrapped half of it because it was kind of underpowered compared to everything else.

Posted (edited)

I accidentally deleted some of it

feel free to criticize this 

Spoiler

You might see some similarities to Sanderson stuff…

Spoiler

Basic:

The basic Substances and their properties are:

Crimson: A viscous, red liquid that pools in the dark corners of cities. It burns anyone who touches it, flowing smoothly off them. 

Aqua: heals small wounds when ingested. It is the rain that falls from the sky. 

Verdant: A green liquid that aids plant growth, it flows in small streams underground

Ebony: A barely transparent, black liquid that has black flames on the top. If it is subject to great stress, it will explode, covering everything nearby in black flames. This substance does not appear regularly.

Quicksilver: A mysterious, reflective silver liquid that aids physical abilities. It is found near recently dead corpses. It is poisonous in large doses, and has a foul taste and odor.

Flick: fills everyone nearby with a buzzing in their head. Vaporizes when exposed to air, but condenses back into liquid eventually. When inhaled as a gas, it causes people to forget the past hour or so. Appearance/color is unknown.

Valor: An addictive substance that changes the eyes of a Blessed. Once a Blessed starts taking Valor they cannot stop should they wish to keep their powers. Can I handle or negate senses and powers.

Blessed:

Haunts: The chosen of the Lord of Darkness, and can show very real black flames along their bodies. They bleed Ebony. 

Slivers: The chosen of the Lord of the Unknown, they have brilliant silver eyes, and have highly enhanced physical abilities. They can create Quicksilver.

Flicks: The chosen of the Lord of Recollection a, they are practically invisible to everyone around them, except others of their kind and other Blessed.

I haven’t decided whether or not valor is canon yet.

Edited by TwinSouls

1 hour ago, TwinSouls said:

I accidentally deleted some of it

feel free to criticize this 

Hide contents

You might see some similarities to Sanderson stuff…

Hide contents

Basic:

The basic Substances and their properties are:

Crimson: A viscous, red liquid that pools in the dark corners of cities. It burns anyone who touches it, flowing smoothly off them. 

Aqua: heals small wounds when ingested. It is the rain that falls from the sky. 

Verdant: A green liquid that aids plant growth, it flows in small streams underground

Ebony: A barely transparent, black liquid that has black flames on the top. If it is subject to great stress, it will explode, covering everything nearby in black flames. This substance does not appear regularly.

Quicksilver: A mysterious, reflective silver liquid that aids physical abilities. It is found near recently dead corpses. It is poisonous in large doses, and has a foul taste and odor.

Flick: fills everyone nearby with a buzzing in their head. Vaporizes when exposed to air, but condenses back into liquid eventually. When inhaled as a gas, it causes people to forget the past hour or so. Appearance/color is unknown.

Valor: An addictive substance that changes the eyes of a Blessed. Once a Blessed starts taking Valor they cannot stop should they wish to keep their powers. Can I handle or negate senses and powers.

Blessed:

Haunts: The chosen of the Lord of Darkness, and can show very real black flames along their bodies. They bleed Ebony. 

Slivers: The chosen of the Lord of the Unknown, they have brilliant silver eyes, and have highly enhanced physical abilities. They can create Quicksilver.

Flicks: The chosen of the Lord of Recollection a, they are practically invisible to everyone around them, except others of their kind and other Blessed.

I haven’t decided whether or not valor is canon yet.

This looks amazing so far! Don't worry about getting it finished yet though, take your time!

44 minutes ago, TwinSouls said:

Thanks!! :D 

Any suggestions?

I have a few questions first:

For the blessed, are they individuals or groups of people?

Will we be playing blessed?

Are the blessed the only ones capable of using the different 'liqueds?'

Edited by J. Magi

53 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

I have a few questions first:

For the blessed, are they individuals or groups of people?

Will we be playing blessed?

Are the blessed the only ones capable of using the different 'liqueds?'

1. They’re basically separate secret societies

2. You can…

3. No. If they can obtain it, they can use it. The Blessed have their own skillets.

4 hours ago, TwinSouls said:

2. You can…

3. No. If they can obtain it, they can use it. The Blessed have their own skillets.

could you elaborate on 3?

On 5/17/2024 at 2:33 PM, TwinSouls said:

2. You can…

Alright . . . hmm, as for input:

Do you have a plot in mind, or would it just be us messing around and occasionally using magic? It doesn't have to be complicated, but it can help to start from somewhere.

Is the setting basic, high fantasy or are you thinking of a different time period/aesthetic?

On 5/19/2024 at 5:41 AM, J. Magi said:

Alright . . . hmm, as for input:

Do you have a plot in mind, or would it just be us messing around and occasionally using magic? It doesn't have to be complicated, but it can help to start from somewhere.

Is the setting basic, high fantasy or are you thinking of a different time period/aesthetic?

in my mind i kind of picture old london but I am sure that anything could work... @TwinSouls what do you think?