Instead of a movie/tv adaptation….

What if, instead of adapting Stormlight or Mistborn or what not, when the Cosmere finally comes to us as a movie or a show, it’s a whole new series.  New world, in the Cosmere, rules of investiture that we know and love, part of the Cosmere’s canon, but not a book we’ve already read.

Think it could work?

Honestly, that might actually be more doable than trying to adapt Stormlight. Plus, it means there wouldn't be repeat content--if non-Cosmere-aware viewers wanted to learn more about the world or get more stories in it, they would still have the whole Stormlight Archive left without feeling like they know the story already. 

I think it definitely could work, and Brandon might very well do it at some point! I don't think it'll be first or instead of adaptations, though, especially when steps are already being made on that front. 

19 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

We don't need MORE versions of White Sands

Shardcast is still waiting for the Ultra Legendary Leatherbound Dragonsteel Exclusive Secret Version Anniversary Edition with Metal Cover Inlay and Original Illustrations to come out.

On 4/26/2024 at 9:21 PM, Forts Board said:

I want to see The Emperors Soul!!!

Emperor's Soul, if done right, would be awesome, but I think they would have to add some more Gaotona scenes outside of Shai's cell room to flesh it out for a full movie. 

The best part, though, would be the subtle set changes to her room between each scene (oh, the desk is different. . . now the chair is different. . . is that hearth?!) Especially if they leave most of the changes unremarked by the actors, so fans can watch-for and pick-out the changes scene to scene.

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

32 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

Emperor's Soul, if done right, would be awesome, but I think they would have to add some more Gaotona scenes outside fo Shai's cell room to flesh it out for a full movie. 

The best part, though, would be the subtle set changes to her room between each scene (oh, the desk is different. . . now the chair is different. . . is that hearth?!) Especially if they leave most of the changes unremarked by the actors, so fans can watch-for and pick-out the changes scene to scene.

The emperors soul would be a phenomenal movie. I think it would be the best one for introducing everyone to the cosmere. It’d be really good.

What we really need as adaptations are The Eleventh Metal and Allomancer Jak. Obviously.

White sand would be filmed in five different ways, giving everyone who watches it a different experience. Kind of like Clue, except instead of different endings, it's randomly generated. So act 1 would be one of five, act 2 would be the same, and so on. This way, there's 125 different ways to enjoy White Sand! Eventually, ten years after the original movie comes out, they will release White Sand Tenth Anniversary Legendary Ultra Maximized Definitive Definitive Edition. This one will be even longer with more descriptive scenes, better special effects, and best of all, another way they filmed it. Now there's 216 different ways to watch the same movie!

Then it will be adapted as a TV series. Twice.

And a video game.

After that, there will be another attempt at a graphic novel.

Finally, in 2048, we will get word that Brandon has decided to re-write the entire story, and everything that has been adapted or published will no longer be canon.