Mistborn game news update coming soon!

Unknowingly

So a couple of days ago I searched on Google to see if there were any updates on the Mistborn:Birthright game and found that there was literally nothing. So I found them on Facebook and sent them a message. This is what they said:(see in attached picture)

So I guess we just have to wait a bit and there will be new information soon.

post-8457-0-55501500-1413302489_thumb.pn

I know what you mean. I had almost given up as well but the idea of this game if they get it right is just amazing.

If they nail the gameplay and stick to Brandon's original story then it will be worth the wait.

Thanks for this!  I know Peter mentioned a while back on twitter that they were hopeful about a couple of things so it's nice to see that things might actually start to work out.

To be honest as happy I will be when (or if) the game comes out I'm not too terribly upset about it being delayed.  One would think that they could take advantage of advancements in gaming technology, right? (And really I'm going to have no life when it comes out)

That announcement does nothing to improve my optimism. "there is a major announcement in the works (hopefully)" is just PR talk for "we have nothing to show and we may never have". it's like when you look for a job and they say "we'll call you". It's just a polite way to say no.

Now, I don't want to be entirely negative - it is fully possible that they want to wait the next generation of consoles so that their game won't become outdated in a few months - but I'm just not as confident in the eventual release as I was a couple years ago. My faith in it has been pushed in the same place as my faith in the mistborn movie, or the wot movie: I will believe it when I'll be watching the end titles.

Can we Kickstart?

EDIT: ... To be clear, my faith in Kickstarter is even lower than my faith in this game ever being made, but for a Sanderson property I will kick the football one more time.

Edited by Outis

It's almost certainly an update to this:

Development was stalled for years after the loss of talent at the developer. The studio is in talks with a different development team, and there was an important step in that discussion last week, but nothing has been agreed yet and there's nothing to announce.

• 2 weeks later...

Did we ever find out what the announcement was?

No, but it hasn't been very long.  "Soon" is always a relative term in these situations.  Personally, I'm going to wait until at least the new year before I start wondering where it is...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I could really see (if done properly) Mistborn becoming the biggest franchise of Little Orbit and well their first actual trademark games series. Wouldn't it be great if Mistborn eventually became a big name in gaming? I do believe that there is some fine opportunity here for Little Orbit and hope that they make use of that opportunity and create something beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic