Compounding with other Magics

Voidus

Hmm, looking at this quote in a different light it appears to me that what it is saying is that directly fueling someone, choosing a champion, like Vin did to Elend expends more power. I still maintain though that the when regular Allomancy is going on, power is coming from Preservation, from his body. Why would Preservation worry about expending energy poorly if he has this massive well of power at his disposal? It makes more sense to me that he has a finite amount of power, and directly using it to power a magic system, especially one that's not his own, is an inefficient use of it.

The evidence you have that Splintered Shards can't have magic systems doesn't really make sense to me. Devotion and Dominion are both Splintered, so there should be no magic on Sel according to what you're saying, which is clearly not the case. I am I missing something? I've posted my thoughts on the Dor in the Emperor's Soul topic, but suffice it to say that I think both Shards power all magics to differing degrees. Since they both fuel all the magics and are working in concert, they would appear as one source, but actually be two. It's the best explanation I have so far.

Anyway the Power of Creation being separate leaves us with as many, if not more questions. Why wouldn't more Shards form from leftover power? Where did it come from? Why doesn't it just power all the systems? How come Shards aren't infinitely powerful if the all have access to this higher power? The Principle of Intent tends to make more logical sense to me but you are welcome to disagree.

• Chaos locked this topic