Sheesh, what do you have against monks TwiLyght? You scarcely know them but you're ready to sentence them to spending time with Nighthound. :P

Though what really scares me is that there's someone in Oregon powerful enough to force Nighthound into an undesirable marriage. I'm going to hope that this was before Calamity.

100+ monks with the ability to perform exorcisms? Who knows? Maybe it'll work. :P

My theory? It was Lucentia who forced him to marry(ish) Bloody Mary.

100+ monks with the ability to perform exorcisms? Who knows? Maybe it'll work. :P

You're assuming that Nighthound might be possessed by a demon, rather than the other way around. :P Nighthound's sort of the Chuck Norris of evil.

That makes a lot of sense. Edgedancer, care to take this opportunity to RAFO us all?

I was thinking a Red eyed tree frog mixed with a chameleon and an electric eel. Basically a frog that can run change colors, has a prehensile tail,  and generate an electric charge on it's tongue. 

Sounds good to me. Go ahead with that.

Remember that joke scene were Nighthound teased Lightwards with the Koschei Möbius marriage and he claimed that he´s a runawy husband. The one I stated would be completly cannon if Koschei was still alive, you can´t say I didn´t hint at it.

In case it makes you feel better Nighthound is the one forced into that relationship... kinda.

That's what I was thinking of when I said that. I'm quite scared of this new woman as well.

Interesting theory, is that build on anything apart from Mary being my only female Epic without an on-screen apperance?

You're assuming that Nighthound might be possessed by a demon, rather than the other way around. :P Nighthound's sort of the Chuck Norris of evil.

That makes a lot of sense. Edgedancer, care to take this opportunity to RAFO us all?

I think there are enough evil monks in japan. (I´m now waiting for Nighthound/creepy facts :P)

A RAFO is tempting but that would be so mean, which makes it so tempting... :P

What I can tell you is that it did indeed start before Calamity but at the time the relationship was mutally accepted.

I might have another direction for Dark!Funtimes.

Soul-eater-3793711.jpg

Interesting theory, is that build on anything apart from Mary being my only female Epic without an on-screen apperance?

I think there are enough evil monks in japan. (I´m now waiting for Nighthound/creepy facts :P)

A RAFO is tempting but that would be so mean, which makes it so tempting... :P

What I can tell you is that it did indeed start before Calamity but at the time the relationship was mutally accepted.

I might have another direction for Dark!Funtimes.

Soul-eater-3793711.jpg

In "Epics of Oregon," she's classified as an Astoria Epic. Lucentia claims she came to Portland to "retrieve" her brother, as though he had been somewhere she was and she wanted him back in that place. Nighthound seemed especially passionate about causing trouble when he arrived, perhaps hinting at sick joy over newfound "freedom" from responsibility. His excessive trolling could be due to his nature, or also related to a sort of "high" he felt after his biggest trolling of all: leaving a woman he actually liked at the altar because he could. This could also be what Lucentia sought an apology for, in addition to her arm.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that's my reasoning.

Edit: Lightwards' worst nightmare. :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

In "Epics of Oregon," she's classified as an Astoria Epic. Lucentia claims she came to Portland to "retrieve" her brother, as though he had been somewhere she was and she wanted him back in that place. Nighthound seemed especially passionate about causing trouble when he arrived, perhaps hinting at sick joy over newfound "freedom" from responsibility. His excessive trolling could be due to his nature, or also related to a sort of "high" he felt after his biggest trolling of all: leaving a woman he actually liked at the altar because he could. This could also be what Lucentia sought an apology for, in addition to her arm.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that's my reasoning.

Edit: Lightwards' worst nightmare. :P

Flawless logic I must admit.

Code for "But you're wrong. Lucentia actually wanted to drag him back to Astoria for a big musical number where Nighthound is beaten with crowbars." Which I would not complain about. :P

Best Jossed fan theory ever. :P

(Really though, you should spend more time theorizing. Your sense of reasoning is impeccable.)

Code for "But you're wrong. Lucentia actually wanted to drag him back to Astoria for a big musical number where Nighthound is beaten with crowbars." Which I would not complain about. :P

Now your just putting words into my mouth, it´s a classical piece using only chainsaws. :P

(You are actually correct, can you imagine the temptation of going RAFO after you deducted right and I essentially told you yes?)

Best Jossed fan theory ever. :P

(Really though, you should spend more time theorizing. Your sense of reasoning is impeccable.)

Thanks! :) Sadly, I've been somewhat scared of theorizing ever since JK Rowling cruelly stomped on my "Draco Malfoy is so traumatized by Voldemort that he will turn traitor, be redeemed, and go on to spend Book 7 being completely and totally AWESOME" with the aforementioned Book 7.

Seriously, Draco was in the PERFECT position for a heel-face turn, and his betrayal and redemption could have been among the most powerful in the series. The Prince of Slytherin, Hate Sink extraordinaire, realizes his entire life has been built on lies and risks everything to change his path. But no, Rowling gave that subplot the finger and made him a coward to the end.

Now your just putting words into my mouth, it´s a classical piece using only chainsaws. :P

(You are actually correct, can you imagine the temptation of going RAFO after you deducted right and I essentially told you yes?)

I'm right? YAY I'm right! :D IN YOUR FACE, ROWLING! :P Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Now I'm wishing Bloody Mary showed up in the Halloween RP with Nighthound. Will we ever see her, Edgedancer?

Edit: On another note, I'm rereading Steelheart and I think we are seriously behind in our technology in Portland. David mentions armor units which sound pretty much like mech suits and they can just swipe a data chip or their mobile past another and copy the information or link the two devices. I plan, for one, to try and increase the technology that I use. 

I also hope we see some High Epics "in their glory" as David puts it soon. The Corpsemaker war seems like a great place for that. :)

Edited by Mailliw73

Now I'm wishing Bloody Mary showed up in the Halloween RP with Nighthound. Will we ever see her, Edgedancer?

I honestly don´t know. I´m not opposed to it but I also don´t intend to bring the Astorian Epics into Portland, both because it makes sense for Lucentia to leave them behind and because they are the most powerful Epics of their city and would tip the power balance hard.

So really the only chance for her to show up is if either we move more focus on Astoria or maybe if I need a replacement for one of my current characters. She might get a speaking role, in case Lucentia phones in home.

I honestly don´t know. I´m not opposed to it but I also don´t intend to bring the Astorian Epics into Portland, both because it makes sense for Lucentia to leave them behind and because they are the most powerful Epics of their city and would tip the power balance hard.

So really the only chance for her to show up is if either we move more focus on Astoria or maybe if I need a replacement for one of my current characters. She might get a speaking role, in case Lucentia phones in home.

Will there ever be a "What Happened in Astoria" thread? They could be put to good use there, if such a thing ever exists.

Edit: On another note, I'm rereading Steelheart and I think we are seriously behind in our technology in Portland. David mentions armor units which sound pretty much like mech suits and they can just swipe a data chip or their mobile past another and copy the information or link the two devices. I plan, for one, to try and increase the technology that I use. 

I also hope we see some High Epics "in their glory" as David puts it soon. The Corpsemaker war seems like a great place for that. :)

Certainly. I imagine the part of town Lightwards currently occupies as being very decadent and mostly forgotten by the rest of Portland. Altermind and CorpseMaker's territories are probably far more developed.

I certainly intend for Lightwards to be shown "in his glory" during the war. During the CM war he'll be fighting harder than he's ever fought before, and we'll see the full extent of his power.

Will there ever be a "What Happened in Astoria" thread? They could be put to good use there, if such a thing ever exists.

Certainly. I imagine the part of town Lightwards currently occupies as being very decadent and mostly forgotten by the rest of Portland. Altermind and CorpseMaker's territories are probably far more developed.

I certainly intend for Lightwards to be shown "in his glory" during the war. During the CM war he'll be fighting harder than he's ever fought before, and we'll see the full extent of his power.

The only thing is, the Empire is what used to be Corpsemaker's territory. It should have some more advanced stuff as well. We could say that the reason not much has been shown is that the Epics tend to stay in the MoNA, which is true. Altermind likes some of the stuff from his past, which is why his scribes use pens and paper instead of mobiles. His weaponry, which I haven't showcased much yet, will be more advanced though. 

Sweet! I'm excited in a dreading way. Corpsemaker will probably also be shown in his glory. I don't think any of my Epics can be classified as High Epics though, which I'm kind of bummed about. 

The idea has been kicked around that the CorpseMaker war is the one that finally destroys Portland, necessitating a move to other areas of Oregon. Like Astoria. :ph34r:

Sounds good to me. 

I wouldn´t mind, if there´s interest and some plot idea I´m all for it.

There is a point here but to be fair, not only is Newcago the place with the best infrastructure left but we also have no Epic with the capability to power a whole police force equiped with these robo suits, so these things would be rare. Never forget, from what we know, Newcago is not the standart but luxury. I guess we have wiggle room.

I have plans for my Epics glory, we´ll see if they need it.

Edited by Edgedancer

I wouldn´t mind, if there´s interest and some plot idea I´m all for it.

There is a point here but to be fair, not only is Newcago the place with the best infrastructure left but we also have no Epic with the capability to power a whole police force equiped with these robo suits, so these things would be rare. Never forget, from what we know, Newcago is not the standart but luxury. I guess we have wiggle room.

That is true. There aren't any Confluxes for us to use. Altermind should be able to have at least a couple of the armor units though and one of his requests from Funtimes will be for more.

The only thing is, the Empire is what used to be Corpsemaker's territory. It should have some more advanced stuff as well. We could say that the reason not much has been shown is that the Epics tend to stay in the MoNA, which is true. Altermind likes some of the stuff from his past, which is why his scribes use pens and paper instead of mobiles. His weaponry, which I haven't showcased much yet, will be more advanced though. 

Sweet! I'm excited in a dreading way. Corpsemaker will probably also be shown in his glory. I don't think any of my Epics can be classified as High Epics though, which I'm kind of bummed about. 

Sounds good to me. 

True, but at the time CM's faction was a ragtag gang of loosely connected Epics, not a real empire like he's got now. My understanding is that they spent more time fighting rivals like Gazerbeam and Quasar then establishing infrastructure.

While we're only specifically told about High Epics' glory, I imagine that the tense, energetic feeling we're informed about would carry true for a variety of Epics. I think I'd be equally terrified if Electro was attacking me with lightning bolts as I would be about Nightwielder throwing shadow-spikes at me.

Nighthound in his glory?  :blink: Please tell me this sequence will end with the sentence "And then Nighthound died."

I am officially scared. :o

I don't know about Funtimes. We'll definitely see her at her angriest, but she's already powerful enough that I don't think it's necessary to show her turning entire city blocks to candy canes.

True, but at the time CM's faction was a ragtag gang of loosely connected Epics, not a real empire like he's got now. My understanding is that they spent more time fighting rivals like Gazerbeam and Quasar then establishing infrastructure.

While we're only specifically told about High Epics' glory, I imagine that the tense, energetic feeling we're informed about would carry true for a variety of Epics. I think I'd be equally terrified if Electro was attacking me with lightning bolts as I would be about Nightwielder throwing shadow-spikes at me.

Nighthound in his glory?  :blink: Please tell me this sequence will end with the sentence "And then Nighthound died."

Also true. I just think that simple tech like the data chip idea should be there already.

That's a good point. Electro is probably my closest to a High Epic with his Magnetic Field anyways. He'll probably have some type of Glory scene during the war. 

And, just a random question: I saw on your profile, Mail-mi, that you're 16. That makes three of us that I know of in this RP that are in High School still. I'm just curious as to the average age of us here.

And, where's Mrs. Voidus been? She hasn't been on here for a while.

Edited by Mailliw73

Nighthound´s glory wouldn´t actually be all that special, his powers are to straightforward for that, not that it would tone down the nightmare fuel. Though, I´m not sure between Lucentia and Voidgaze which one would have a bigger awe factor. How these scenes will end, I dunno, haven´t written them yet, afterall. :P

Edited by Edgedancer

Nighthound´s glory wouldn´t actually be all that special, his powers are to straightforward for that, not that it would tone down the nightmare fuel. Though, I´m not sure between Lucentia and Voidgaze which one would have a bigger awe factor. How these scenes will end, I dunno, haven´t written them yet, afterall. :P

In his glory, Nighthound actually gains two new powers: the ability to make every man, woman, and child in the Fractured States weep for days on end, and the ability to make every hardware store selling front door locks and security systems run out of stock in ten seconds flat. :P

A Voidgaze glory scene would be cool. Soul-crushing when the corruption set in, but cool.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Voidgaze would be awesome to see in Glory mode. White flashes and explosions are probably all you see besides her white glow.

Not sure if she would cause any explosions but she could turn the bottle of milk she´s carrying into an acid granade of anihilation.