Origin of stones being sacred to the Shin

Lego Mistborn

Question

I was reading through a scene from the early drafts of TWoK (I think, I don't know all that much about the Sanderson Curiosities) and I came to the realization that stones are probably sacred as a reminder/outgrowth of staying out of singer land. The only place that isn't just stone is shin, which is where the humans were supposed to stay when they came to Roshar.

Has this been confirmed and has this been discussed by the community before.

3 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

I was reading through a scene from the early drafts of TWoK (I think, I don't know all that much about the Sanderson Curiosities) and I came to the realization that stones are probably sacred as a reminder/outgrowth of staying out of singer land. The only place that isn't just stone is shin, which is where the humans were supposed to stay when they came to Roshar.

There is no confirmation yet (maybe in KoWT) but that's a popular theory that makes a lot of sense. 

9 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Pretty sure this is exactly correct, yeah; also consistent with why they consider the stones of Uirthiru safe to walk on without committing sacrilege.

7 hours ago, alder24 said:

that's a popular theory that makes a lot of sense. 

Well, I was hoping to be onto something new, but at least I came up with the theory independently.