New to Sanderson! (Kinda)

Hello everyone! I had a friend get insanely into Mistborn in high school and he begged me to read it. I read often so I gave it a shot, then set it down after chapter 1 and let it sit on my shelf for 5 years. Earlier this year on January 6th, I bought TWoK without even knowing about the Cosmere, read until chapter 11 when Kaladin decides to run Bridge 4, and LOVED IT. I then looked up Brandon Sanderson and stumbled onto the Cosmere and immediately dropped TWoK to read his published order first (yes I went back to my local bookstore and got Elantris that same day). Since January 6th I have caught up to Sixth of the Dusk and have loved everything. It feels crazy good and monumental to arrive on Sixth of the Dusk THE DAY that he announced his new secret novel is an extension of it. Looking forward to interacting with people and being a part of the community!

I'm including my tier list of my read works so far just cause tier lists are fun :)

COSMERE TIER LIST 32124.png

1 minute ago, TedShiz said:

Hello everyone! I had a friend get insanely into Mistborn in high school and he begged me to read it. I read often so I gave it a shot, then set it down after chapter 1 and let it sit on my shelf for 5 years. Earlier this year on January 6th, I bought TWoK without even knowing about the Cosmere, read until chapter 11 when Kaladin decides to run Bridge 4, and LOVED IT. I then looked up Brandon Sanderson and stumbled onto the Cosmere and immediately dropped TWoK to read his published order first (yes I went back to my local bookstore and got Elantris that same day). Since January 6th I have caught up to Sixth of the Dusk and have loved everything. It feels crazy good and monumental to arrive on Sixth of the Dusk THE DAY that he announced his new secret novel is an extension of it. Looking forward to interacting with people and being a part of the community!

I'm including my tier list of my read works so far just cause tier lists are fun :)

COSMERE TIER LIST 32124.png

Welcome to the shard! Who is your favorite cosmere character?

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Welcome to the shard! Who is your favorite cosmere character?

Gotta be either Shallan, Kaladin, or Silence! I can't decide. Maybe also Dalinar... and I also like Vasher... and Galadon.

Oh geez, it's gotta be Dalinar giving up his Shardblade to release Kaladin and the rest of Sadeas's Bridgemen. I am not a sentimental person but I couldn't have been the only one to tear up a little there...

22 hours ago, Aeternum said:

Welcome to the Shard! No S tier for Warbreaker? :lol: Who's your least favorite character?

Yeah… I still really liked Warbreaker! It just didn’t wow me as much as a lot of the other novels. Excited for its relevance in the Cosmere and the potential sequel coming though! My least favorite character is actually probably Susebron, not because of the personality really, I loved his development, but the age gap between him and Siri is a little… gross. (My actual least favorite is harder to pick because all the characters are written so well that I can’t really hate most of them. Even Sadeas is understandable even if I think he’s a piece of rust lol.)