Grand Apparatus Pseudo-theory

I have been pondering the Grand Apparatus since it was dropped on our radar, and have begun to wonder whether it might have been constructed by Taravangian as an outgrowth of the Diagram.  I haven't developed any definite thoughts on what purpose it would serve (or what the cosmere implications would be), if this turns out to be the case, but wondered if anyone else was thinking along the same lines and might have any additional thoughts to share.

10 hours ago, Dragon13 said:

I have been pondering the Grand Apparatus since it was dropped on our radar, and have begun to wonder whether it might have been constructed by Taravangian as an outgrowth of the Diagram.  I haven't developed any definite thoughts on what purpose it would serve (or what the cosmere implications would be), if this turns out to be the case, but wondered if anyone else was thinking along the same lines and might have any additional thoughts to share.

Preeeeettty sure it's gonna be about Invention and what they're up to. They're implied to have made Canticle the way it is for some reason and are implied to have been travelling around the Cosmere, literally using entire planets and stars as projects.

Edited by JustQuestin2004

Diagram served its purpose. Taravangian is now a Shard that can look into the future like no mortal can dream of. 

One of the Rhythm of War interludes was Taravangian disbanding the Diagram. In their estimation, it had served its purpose because they had saved Kharbranth. After Taravangian's Ascension to Odium, they would have lost their leader as well as the only one of them smart enough (on some days) to interpret these events from the Diagram. Also, there is no way that they would be able to predict the future with any amount of accuracy. 

15 hours ago, Aredor said:

One of the Rhythm of War interludes was Taravangian disbanding the Diagram. In their estimation, it had served its purpose because they had saved Kharbranth. After Taravangian's Ascension to Odium, they would have lost their leader as well as the only one of them smart enough (on some days) to interpret these events from the Diagram. Also, there is no way that they would be able to predict the future with any amount of accuracy. 

Absolutely - I definitely agree that the Diagram (organization) had been disbanded prior to Taravangian's Ascension. I suppose I over-simplified my initial statement...  I was more wondering if Taravangian had used his experience with the Diagram (experience and texts) to put something more mechanical/self-regulating in place to meet a new need or purpose (perhaps something akin to Deep Thought, from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).  Creating something like this with the knowledge/power obtained when he Ascended could be a way to achieve a result without having to focus on the task (whatever it may be).