Anyone else watch shows on BYUtv? The most popular show was studio C, although it isn't as popular as it used to be. But it has many more shows than that. My family has watched and enjoyed a lot of the shows on it, including:

Spoiler

Shows with a story

• The Chosen - A show that follows the life of Jesus and his followers
  • Ruby and the Well - A girl finds a magic wishing well and helps it to grant others wishes
  • Mallory Towers - Young women attend a boarding school (I haven't gotten very on this one)
  • Theodosia - A girl discovers and uses Egyptian magic with her friends to battle an evil society
  • Dwight in Shining Armor - A boy accidently breaks an ancient spell and ends as the champion of a princess.
  • Silverpoint - Four teenagers find a strange artifact near their summer camp. strange things start happening.
  • Itch - A science nerd finds a new element and has to protect from a greedy corporation
  • Granite Flats - three young detectives work together to solve strange mysteries in a cold war small town
  • Extinct - 400 years after humans have gone extinct, 3 are brought back to restore humanity. but they're not alone. 

Competitions

• Wayne Brady's Comedy IQ - Wayne Brady teaches 6 aspiring comedians through 10 weeks of challenges
  • All Round Champion - 10 young athletes compete in each other's sports to see who is the best

Other fun shows

• Studio C - clean and funny Sketch comedy
  • Making Good - Comedian Kirby Heybourne volunteers anywhere he can, even if he's not very good
  • Random Acts - kind people receive fun and kind acts of service
  • Show offs - completely improvised musicals based on random prompts
  • Tricked - Magican Eric Leclerc does magic in everyday places to the surprise of unsuspecting people.

. I think a lot of the shows are really good and most people aren't aware about them. I'm not great at summaries, but I recommend pretty much all of them. 

is there anyone else whose seen more than studio c? or just studio c? anyone?

Spoiler

I'm aware that there is a BYUtv thread in entertainment discussion, but it's been dead for years and I'm not sure how to necro it. so I'm just making a new thread instead...

57 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

Anyone else watch shows on BYUtv? The most popular show was studio C, although it isn't as popular as it used to be. But it has many more shows than that. My family has watched and enjoyed a lot of the shows on it, including:

Hide contents

Shows with a story

• The Chosen - A show that follows the life of Jesus and his followers
  • Ruby and the Well - A girl finds a magic wishing well and helps it to grant others wishes
  • Mallory Towers - Young women attend a boarding school (I haven't gotten very on this one)
  • Theodosia - A girl discovers and uses Egyptian magic with her friends to battle an evil society
  • Dwight in Shining Armor - A boy accidently breaks an ancient spell and ends as the champion of a princess.
  • Silverpoint - Four teenagers find a strange artifact near their summer camp. strange things start happening.
  • Itch - A science nerd finds a new element and has to protect from a greedy corporation
  • Granite Flats - three young detectives work together to solve strange mysteries in a cold war small town
  • Extinct - 400 years after humans have gone extinct, 3 are brought back to restore humanity. but they're not alone. 

Competitions

• Wayne Brady's Comedy IQ - Wayne Brady teaches 6 aspiring comedians through 10 weeks of challenges
  • All Round Champion - 10 young athletes compete in each other's sports to see who is the best

Other fun shows

• Studio C - clean and funny Sketch comedy
  • Making Good - Comedian Kirby Heybourne volunteers anywhere he can, even if he's not very good
  • Random Acts - kind people receive fun and kind acts of service
  • Show offs - completely improvised musicals based on random prompts
  • Tricked - Magican Eric Leclerc does magic in everyday places to the surprise of unsuspecting people.

. I think a lot of the shows are really good and most people aren't aware about them. I'm not great at summaries, but I recommend pretty much all of them. 

is there anyone else whose seen more than studio c? or just studio c? anyone?

Reveal hidden contents

I'm aware that there is a BYUtv thread in entertainment discussion, but it's been dead for years and I'm not sure how to necro it. so I'm just making a new thread instead...

My family used to watch a ton of Studio C on YouTube; it was a great experience for all of us. Unfortunately, the new cast just. . . doesn't hit it like 98% of the time, and we just kinda gave up on it after a while.

And we have definitely watched the Chosen! It's so, so good! I literally cry every episode, and I can't wait for the next season! :D

Dwight is Shining Armor is such a cute show!!!

Other than that I've mostly just watched Studio C. The new cast... is not so great. Have y'all watched the 200th episode though? It's actually so good! Probably because they brought the old cast back...

The OG cast.

2 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Dwight is Shining Armor is such a cute show!!!

Other than that I've mostly just watched Studio C. The new cast... is not so great. Have y'all watched the 200th episode though? It's actually so good! Probably because they brought the old cast back...

The OG cast.

I was obsessed with Dwight when I was a kid! Such a good show.

Yeah, the new cast just isn't the same. I tried to watch their first few seasons but ended up giving up because watching it was just painful.

55 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Other than that I've mostly just watched Studio C. The new cast... is not so great.

52 minutes ago, justice magician said:

Yeah, the new cast just isn't the same. I tried to watch their first few seasons but ended up giving up because watching it was just painful.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

I did kind of enjoy JK Studios' Freelancers series (it might be fun to do a comic series with a similar tone in the Mistborn era 3 setting someday :lol:), but I honestly preferred their Studio C work more. 

58 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Have y'all watched the 200th episode though? It's actually so good! Probably because they brought the old cast back...

The OG cast.

Interesting. I'll have to give it a watch.

3 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

I did kind of enjoy JK Studios' Freelancers series (it might be fun to do a comic series with a similar tone in the Mistborn era 3 setting someday :lol:), but I honestly preferred their Studio C work more. 

Interesting. I'll have to give it a watch.

Oh I loved freelancers!! I really liked loving lyfe too, my sister and I would laugh so hard. I haven't seen they're pioneer movie though.

Just now, justice magician said:

Oh I loved freelancers!! I really liked loving lyfe too, my sister and I would laugh so hard. I haven't seen they're pioneer movie though.

They have a movie?

Just now, Trusk'our said:

They have a movie?

Yeah, it was about pioneers, they even got it to play in theaters across the U.S. I follow them on Instagram, so I get there updates and junk. I'm not sure what they're working on now though.

Just now, justice magician said:

Yeah, it was about pioneers, they even got it to play in theaters across the U.S. I follow them on Instagram, so I get there updates and junk. I'm not sure what they're working on now though.

Huh. Interesting.

I do love old Studio C, Their movie (it's called Go West) was pretty decent and Freelancers was great

My family really likes All Round Champion, Tricked, and Wizard of Paws.

Freelancers is so funny!

Go West was okay for me. Most people I know enjoyed it. I think if you're a fan of Napoleon Dynamite you'll probably like Go West. I'm not a huge fan of Napoleon Dynamite though, so that makes sense I guess. 😄

7 hours ago, Pineap-spider said:

I do love old Studio C, Their movie (it's called Go West) was pretty decent and Freelancers was great

My family really likes All Round Champion, Tricked, and Wizard of Paws.

season 6 of All Round Champion is coming soon. It'll have 11 athletes.

12 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Freelancers is so funny!

Go West was okay for me. Most people I know enjoyed it. I think if you're a fan of Napoleon Dynamite you'll probably like Go West. I'm not a huge fan of Napoleon Dynamite though, so that makes sense I guess. 😄

I heard That Go West was trying to do something similar to Monty Python, with multiple characters being played by multiple people. It really just feels like a series of their old sketches strung together, with an overarching story. I've never heard it compared to Napoleon Dynamite, because the humor is so different. That's an interesting comparison. Over all though, it's really not bad.

5 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

season 6 of All Round Champion is coming soon. It'll have 11 athletes.

That's really interesting. I wonder how that will work. Will they just have more episodes? Regardless, I like the premise of keeping all competitors till the end but besides the fact that they have to if they want to stick to the premise of the show, it makes it really sad to watch the 12 year old struggle the entire time and their being an obvious winner almost every time, and it makes you realize why most competitions are elimitation.

Also, one thing I forgot was Relative Race, which is probably my favorite BYUtv show. It's really good.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:21 AM, Pineap-spider said:

That's really interesting. I wonder how that will work. Will they just have more episodes? Regardless, I like the premise of keeping all competitors till the end but besides the fact that they have to if they want to stick to the premise of the show, it makes it really sad to watch the 12 year old struggle the entire time and their being an obvious winner almost every time, and it makes you realize why most competitions are elimitation.

They're doing duo sports, so my guess is that they'll pair the athletes up with each other every episode creating 5 pairs of 2, which would explain why there's 11.