Connection in awakening

Do you think it is possible to feed a pre-awakened item more intent through connection?  In a way almost changing a command or having it linked to your intent like a new limb?  

I know that we already have seen commands for acting as hands and such but could you hack connection to the item in a way to have it entirely act as a seperate appendage hiding itself and revealing itself for specific tasks that you want based on thought vs audible command? 

I guess someone at 10th heightening has this advantage already but at lower hightenings with access to duralumin compounding or even bondsmith powers?  

Do you suppose that the 9th and 10th heightening bonuses of range and silence are based on connection in anyway?   

8 hours ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

Do you think it is possible to feed a pre-awakened item more intent through connection?  In a way almost changing a command or having it linked to your intent like a new limb?  

Hypothetically? yes, as we've seen it be used before, such as with Spren and their Radiants. 

I don't think it would be that big of a jump to say that you could engineer an Awakened cybernetic limb to act as your own by utilizing Connection. Heck, there are translation tablets that the Nalthians constructed via manipulating Connection in the Cosmere's future, and we've seen from TLM that there can be Awakened locks that rely on Intent.

8 hours ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

Do you suppose that the 9th and 10th heightening bonuses of range and silence are based on connection in anyway?   

Probably yes, as telepathy seems to utilize Connection in the Cosmere. If you could manipulate Connection over greater distances, you could probably remotely Awaken too from much greater distances.

Considering the shenanigans we suspect Bondsmithing to be capable of, most would speculate that yes, with enough Investiture or hacking you most likely will be able to modify the Commands of an Awakened object. That said, as long as you are fine speaking each time I think it's possible to overwrite Commands with no additional Investiture.

At a fundamental level, Command overwriting or modification is possible even for the most basic of Awakened objects and it doesn't even require the lowest Heightening. Presumably this is what happens when you initially command a cloak to "Protect Me" and later as a Drab speak "Your Breath to Mine".  The question then is why is Command modification not just the default? I have an idea that it takes an extra step rather than just grabbing a rope and saying "Lift Me" and then "Grab When Thrown".

Notably, at the end of Oathbringer, we see Hoid Awaken a doll and use it to coax a newly orphaned girl away from her dead mother before giving her to a new family. He touches the doll and whispers something clearly was intended to modify the Command used to Awaken the doll. I noticed this time that he tells the doll to "Forget what I told you before, instead take care of her". Overwriting Commands in pre-Awakened objects might be as simple as including a Command to clear the last Command before giving new instructions. Sure we could say that this is just Hoid being Hoid and mystic and all, but I think it would totally work for this to simply be something that Awakening can do. TSM Spoiler:

Spoiler

I mentioned this idea in another thread already, but I really should have noticed this a long time ago. We've known for a while that Awakening requires you to speak in your native tongue, and I was confused as to why Hoid's Awakening didn't seem to fit the usual format, at least in English. Odds are Hoid is using a Connection hack that has overwritten his native Yolish similar to what we see Nomad use. It's probably because the Yolish-Alethi-Earth translation doesn't fit the same structure. In any case, the intent clearly is to wipe the last Command and instill a new one, and I don't think he need