The Final Empire in Survivorist eyes

Oltux72

Do Survivorists reject the Final Empire? That is is the concept of a unified Scadrial tainted by the association with the Lord Ruler or do they make a distinction between the ruler and the state? The political state of the Elendel Basin suggests the former, but from a view point of surviving strength in numbers cannot be rejected out of hand. What is the theological stance?

4 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Do Survivorists reject the Final Empire? That is is the concept of a unified Scadrial tainted by the association with the Lord Ruler or do they make a distinction between the ruler and the state? The political state of the Elendel Basin suggests the former, but from a view point of surviving strength in numbers cannot be rejected out of hand. What is the theological stance?

I don't understand your question. What rejection are you talking about? Rejecting the values of the Final Empire - certainly, that was a slave state run by a bloody autocratic ruler. 

13 hours ago, alder24 said:

I don't understand your question. What rejection are you talking about? Rejecting the values of the Final Empire - certainly, that was a slave state run by a bloody autocratic ruler. 

Do they think the idea of empire, that is a state comprising all of Scadrial, is evil?

24 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Do they think the idea of empire, that is a state comprising all of Scadrial, is evil?

I don't think it was said in books. Elend and Vin created another empire, a singular entity uniting as much as they could, and they did it to save and protect, not to enslave and conquer. I think because of that, Survivorists wouldn't consider such a state as evil, they would base their opinion on other factors like who is the person who's ruling it, the form of government of this empire and goals and circumstances of its creation. This leaves them in a pretty gray area when it comes to deciding if a singular empire is needed or not. 

They are kind of doing it in Era 2 - Elendel politicians are forcing their control over outer cities of the Basin without giving them proper representation in the senate or equal rights. They're forcing them to be dependent on Elendel as much as possible, which is especially visible when you look at the railroad map of the Basin. This time it's Elendel who is like Rashek's empire and it almost ended in an open rebellion and utter destruction of Elendel.