New Truthwatcher seeking

MerlinArcane

43 minutes ago, MerlinArcane said:

Hello! I’m Merlin, a person with interest in metaphysics, fantasy research and documentation of lore. I think I might fit in here!

Gah, not another Truthwatcher! You're in good company here; so much of the shard are Truthwatchers. (I'm a willshapper) 

What's your favorite book? By Brandon or by someone else.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Silver said:

Gah, not another Truthwatcher! You're in good company here; so much of the shard are Truthwatchers. (I'm a willshapper) 

Terribly sorry, it was that or a lightweaver. I just felt my academic half was more fitting here. My favourite book? Difficult. By Brandon, I’d say RoW or Yumi. By not him, I’d say a fools fate by Robin Hobbs. Light novel would be ascendance of a bookworm

49 minutes ago, MerlinArcane said:

Terribly sorry, it was that or a lightweaver. I just felt my academic half was more fitting here. My favourite book? Difficult. By Brandon, I’d say RoW or Yumi. By not him, I’d say a fools fate by Robin Hobbs. Light novel would be ascendance of a bookworm

GAH, NOT A LIGHTWEAVER TOO! (That's the other common one.)

Yumi was really good, but I liked The emperor's soul more.

41 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

GAH, NOT A LIGHTWEAVER TOO! (That's the other common one.)

Yumi was really good, but I liked The emperor's soul more.

Emperors soul is amazing, I love the way forgery is shown and everything, how the characters interact. It’s awesome 

8 hours ago, MerlinArcane said:

Hello! I’m Merlin, a person with interest in metaphysics, fantasy research and documentation of lore. I think I might fit in here!

Excellent! It's always nice to see new fellow Cosmere geek :lol:

What magic system in the Cosmere is your favorite? Which one's mechanics and tricks seem most interesting to figure out to you?

1 hour ago, Trusk'our said:

Excellent! It's always nice to see new fellow Cosmere geek :lol:

What magic system in the Cosmere is your favorite? Which one's mechanics and tricks seem most interesting to figure out to you?

Tough decision. I’d say either feruchemy (so disappointed it’s been diluted) or surge binding. Awakening is cool but not as fun to me, and I haven’t seen sand mastery yet 

9 minutes ago, MerlinArcane said:

Tough decision. I’d say either feruchemy (so disappointed it’s been diluted) or surge binding. Awakening is cool but not as fun to me, and I haven’t seen sand mastery yet 

Mine is Hemalurgy as it allows for greater manipulation of the Spiritweb, but Feruchemy's got some real potential as well. Allomancy probably comes in third then, as it is linked to the other two Metallic Arts and there are some interesting power interactions in it, just not to the extent as the others.

I personally like that Feruchemy and Allomancy got diluted, as it makes the story far more interesting because the characters can focus on individual powers more and unlock secrets about them that would otherwise be ignored.

1 hour ago, Trusk'our said:

Mine is Hemalurgy as it allows for greater manipulation of the Spiritweb, but Feruchemy's got some real potential as well. Allomancy probably comes in third then, as it is linked to the other two Metallic Arts and there are some interesting power interactions in it, just not to the extent as the others.

I personally like that Feruchemy and Allomancy got diluted, as it makes the story far more interesting because the characters can focus on individual powers more and unlock secrets about them that would otherwise be ignored.

Oh it’s definitely more interesting for them to be diluted, I just miss seeing a badass Feruchemist like sazed again. Though if I’m honest I want to see someone as a coppermind and some other Metalborn. Copper would be interesting if, instead of religion, they focused on combat/social stuff 

43 minutes ago, MerlinArcane said:

Oh it’s definitely more interesting for them to be diluted, I just miss seeing a badass Feruchemist like sazed again. 

True, plus with the other, more modern metals a Full Feruchemist who focused on combat would be quite powerful. Still, you can always try to use Hemalurgy or Unsealed Metalminds to make yourself a Full Feruchemist or Mistborn. . .

45 minutes ago, MerlinArcane said:

Though if I’m honest I want to see someone as a coppermind and some other Metalborn. Copper would be interesting if, instead of religion, they focused on combat/social stuff 

A Copper Ferring would be pretty neat, especially since they'd have to focus on using their power in more creative ways than just resorting to another metal. Combat would be more limited I would think, but you could refresh battle tactics and remember good advice in combat to boost your ability.

43 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

True, plus with the other, more modern metals a Full Feruchemist who focused on combat would be quite powerful. Still, you can always try to use Hemalurgy or Unsealed Metalminds to make yourself a Full Feruchemist or Mistborn. . .

A Copper Ferring would be pretty neat, especially since they'd have to focus on using their power in more creative ways than just resorting to another metal. Combat would be more limited I would think, but you could refresh battle tactics and remember good advice in combat to boost your ability.

I feel like hemaulurgy is very violating, even if someone doesn’t die from it anymore. Unless you get consent, you’re just ripping someone’s soul out. And yes! I am a big fan of creative battle stuff. Alex Verus, the divination wizard is amazing

4 hours ago, Jonathan Logan said:

Dr Kuda spell caster who help me bring back my  ex lover back cantact if you want your ex or back to you contact him via:[email protected] or Text Number:+1 (346) 478-1991

heh bot

Welcome to the Shard!!! Don't listen to them, Truthwatchers are awesome and there's always room for more (*is a truthwatcher*)

Do you have a favorite kind of bagel?

5 hours ago, MerlinArcane said:

I feel like hemaulurgy is very violating, even if someone doesn’t die from it anymore. Unless you get consent, you’re just ripping someone’s soul out.

Yeah, that's true, but it does make some villains more intimidating, and some protagonists, such as Marsh, can use it under the correct circumstances.

And yes! I am a big fan of creative battle stuff.

And that's one of the reasons the Metallic Arts are so cool to me; there's so much to theorize and uncover about them that they never get old.

Alex Verus, the divination wizard is amazing

Divination wizard from Dungeons and Dragons?

On 12/6/2023 at 3:26 PM, Ookla the Silver said:

Well, I match with Truthwatcher by 60% on the most recent test, and Willshaper 57%. The one before that, the positions were reversed. So, how about I bridge the gap between you two? ;)