Hallandren History

The Hallandren page contains a lot of History, and while that’s great, there is a lot of information from before Hallandren was founded (back when it was still Hanald) 

I think this is unnecessary/wrong as Hallandren wasn’t the same kingdom as Hanald, I mean we have a whole different page for that kingdom. I suggest we remove this information and just start with the conclusion of the Manywar

what are your thoughts on this?

3 hours ago, Nightstar The Bright said:

I would say that the three subtitles (Founding, Vo, Expansion) can be combined into a short blurb (there whould be some mention - especially Vo and the Cult of Returned, as they influenced the Iridescent Tones religion) under a single sub title and given a "For more info see Hanald" tag (in the same way that the Manywar and Pahn Kal Rebellion are tagged).

5 hours ago, Nightstar The Bright said:

The Hallandren page contains a lot of History, and while that’s great, there is a lot of information from before Hallandren was founded (back when it was still Hanald) 

I think this is unnecessary/wrong as Hallandren wasn’t the same kingdom as Hanald, I mean we have a whole different page for that kingdom. I suggest we remove this information and just start with the conclusion of the Manywar

I don't think it's something wrong. When you go to the Wikipedia page of Germany for example, under the section History you see short descriptions of its history from even before there was a country named Germany - German tribes, HRE, Prussia, unification etc. All of it. The same applies here. Hanald is an important part of Hallandren's history. It should be on this page. The description of it is really short, because there is almost nothing more we know about it. If there was more information, you could make a "Hanald" page and add "For more information, see Hanald."

I will agree that "Vo, Expansion" subtitles should be made into one "Hanald". I would left "Founding" like it is now.

3 hours ago, Treamayne said:

I would say that the three subtitles (Founding, Vo, Expansion) can be combined into a short blurb (there whould be some mention - especially Vo and the Cult of Returned, as they influenced the Iridescent Tones religion) under a single sub title and given a "For more info see Hanald" tag (in the same way that the Manywar and Pahn Kal Rebellion are tagged).

Alright, that’s a good one.

37 minutes ago, alder24 said:

I don't think it's something wrong. When you go to the Wikipedia page of Germany for example, under the section History you see short descriptions of its history from even before there was a country named Germany - German tribes, HRE, Prussia, unification etc. All of it. The same applies here. Hanald is an important part of Hallandren's history. It should be on this page. The description of it is really short, because there is almost nothing more we know about it. If there was more information, you could make a "Hanald" page and add "For more information, see Hanald."

I will agree that "Vo, Expansion" subtitles should be made into one "Hanald". I would left "Founding" like it is now.

There is a Hanald page, but alright, I’ll make a short history about Hanald

2 minutes ago, Nightstar The Bright said:

Alright, that’s a good one.

There is a Hanald page, but alright, I’ll make a short history about Hanald

Yeah, I was thinking of something like the Manywar Subtitle - just enough information for a casual reader, with an easy link to the page with much more information. 

55 minutes ago, alder24 said:

I've missed that. It was not linked in Hallandren page at all - it should have been. It's a big page

Yeah quite a large page, but anyway, I’m currently working on a rework of the Hallandren page (the second part of User:Nightstar The Bright) and I’ll fix a nice history part. Thanks for taking the time to answer!