Grammar police

2 hours ago, Just_a_Fan said:

Yes. While i have created the thread, I am not a member of the Grammar Police. Have a good day.

I*

4 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

Do you mean "Oh dear, they're out to get me!"?

mean,*

7 hours ago, Aetherbound said:

I is gramer, perssin so. I be long hear⸮

Most of those mistakes are not grammar, instead punctuation and spelling, the latter of which is not my area of expertise. But in “I is” you used the word is to describe the first-person nominative pronoun in English, while “is” is the conjugation of the copula specifically and solely for the third-person singular pronouns in English. I’m not actually certain what was intended by “perssin so,” so I cannot critique that. “I be” is very similar to your first mistake, as be is used in both the infinitive form and past tense, not for first-person present. “Hear” was likely intended to mean “here,” and if you read the message phonetically you get “I am a person of grammar, so I belong here.” If so, I’m not sure you do, considering you made all those mistakes and more in your sentence. That being said, you still can join this thread if you swear to post in the correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation!

:ph34r:. I am now late to school because I took the time to write this post.

11 hours ago, Aetherbound said:

I is gramer, perssin so. I be long hear⸮

To add to the post above, "perssin" seems to be "person", thus the phrase posted translates to "I am a grammar person, so I belong here." At least, that's what I think you're saying.

5 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Most of those mistakes are not grammar, instead punctuation and spelling, the latter of which is not my area of expertise. But in “I is” you used the word is to describe the first-person nominative pronoun in English, while “is” is the conjugation of the copula specifically and solely for the third-person singular pronouns in English. I’m not actually certain what was intended by “perssin so,” so I cannot critique that. “I be” is very similar to your first mistake, as be is used in both the infinitive form and past tense, not for first-person present. “Hear” was likely intended to mean “here,” and if you read the message phonetically you get “I am a person of grammar, so I belong here.” If so, I’m not sure you do, considering you made all those mistakes and more in your sentence. That being said, you still can join this thread if you swear to post in the correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation!

Most of those mistakes are not grammar, grammar but instead instead punctuation and spelling, the latter of which is not my area of expertise. But in “I is” you used the word is to describe the first-person nominative pronoun in English, while “is” is the conjugation of the copula specifically and solely for the third-person singular pronouns in English. I’m not actually certain what was intended by “perssin so,” so I cannot critique that. “I be” is very similar to your first mistake, as be is used in both the infinitive form and past tense, not for the first person first-person present. “Hear” was likely intended to mean “here,” and if you read the message phonetically phonetically, you get “I am a person of grammar, so I belong here.” If so, I’m not sure you do, considering you made all those mistakes and more in your sentence. That being said, you still can join this thread if you swear to post in with the correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation! 

The only real grammar mistake here was you used in instead of with. 
Grammarly go brrrr.

Edited by Argenti

5 hours ago, Argenti said:

Most of those mistakes are not grammar, grammar but instead instead punctuation and spelling, the latter of which is not my area of expertise. But in “I is” you used the word is to describe the first-person nominative pronoun in English, while “is” is the conjugation of the copula specifically and solely for the third-person singular pronouns in English. I’m not actually certain what was intended by “perssin so,” so I cannot critique that. “I be” is very similar to your first mistake, as be is used in both the infinitive form and past tense, not for the first person first-person present. “Hear” was likely intended to mean “here,” and if you read the message phonetically phonetically, you get “I am a person of grammar, so I belong here.” If so, I’m not sure you do, considering you made all those mistakes and more in your sentence. That being said, you still can join this thread if you swear to post in with the correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation! 

I can’t believe I missed that. Did I really spell phonetically wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Canada Lover said:

Please, stop. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

no; i will write how a i please when i please it and theres nothing you or any one else can do to stop me and meself's grammar.