Here There Be Dragons

Dracoe

Hello just want to give a introduction of myself.

My name is Dracoe aka Crosby. A bit about myself, I am an electrical engineer who holds a BS in Physics and a minor in Mathematics, I know that was a very nerdy sentence, I say those a lot. During my studies I specialized in obviously electricity and magnetism, but also a bit in acoustics. I am a husband and father, a musician and also an aspiring writer myself.

I discovered Brando about two years ago when I really delved back into books after not reading throughout all of college, and I dived right into Way of Kings. It was certainly a choice I made for my first foray back into reading, but that decision catapulted me into the Cosmere and back into reading in general. Over the next year I voraciously devoured many a Brando book and also Wheel of Time. During this, I connected very deeply with Kaladin. Between him and just the sheer beauty of the Stormlight Archive, I was inspired to start down my own path of writing. I have lurked around this site for a bit and decided to jump into the action for myself. With that, if you have any questions for me, I will gladly answer them. Otherwise, I will see you in the threads!

On 10/30/2023 at 6:33 PM, The Honorable One said:

Greetings. Which Stormlight book is your favorite?

I have to give that to Way of Kings because it was my first foray into reading after not having read for like 6 years and the the Honor Chasm scene made me cry.

On 10/31/2023 at 6:40 AM, Yuliya said:

Welcome! Are you writing fantasy or some other genre?

I am writing fantasy. I have a couple sci-fi ideas that may one day see the light of day if my writing goes well, but fantasy in is mostly what I write.

22 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

Welcome to the Shard!!!!

Everyone else already asked the normal questions sooo

What's your favorite kind of bagel?

Oh that's a good one. I gotta say blueberry. It's a classic and it's delicious.

17 hours ago, Xandra Stormblessed said:

Hi there, welcome! I'm a Kaladin fan also 🙂 The Stormlight Archive is pretty awesome!!

I see that from the username lol. Excellent!

2 hours ago, Dracoe said:

I have to give that to Way of Kings because it was my first foray into reading after not having read for like 6 years and the the Honor Chasm scene made me cry.

I am writing fantasy. I have a couple sci-fi ideas that may one day see the light of day if my writing goes well, but fantasy in is mostly what I write.

Oh yeah I've always loved blueberry!! My favorite is cinnamon raisin.

On 11/1/2023 at 4:17 PM, Dracoe said:

Awesome! I write fantasy too :)Is your work published somewhere? Perhaps online? 

11 hours ago, Yuliya said:

Awesome! I write fantasy too :)Is your work published somewhere? Perhaps online? 

I have not published anything as of yet. I have mostly just written stuff for myself. I have been looking into possibly publishing some short stories while I work on my first novel, but then I have to balance doing short stories and novel writing along with my full time career as an electrical engineer. I have some old cringey high school poetry floating around, but other than that no.

3 hours ago, Dracoe said:

I have not published anything as of yet. I have mostly just written stuff for myself. I have been looking into possibly publishing some short stories while I work on my first novel, but then I have to balance doing short stories and novel writing along with my full time career as an electrical engineer. I have some old cringey high school poetry floating around, but other than that no.

I am sure you'll find the right balance. Writing is a fantastic hobby, whether it's short stories or novels :)

7 hours ago, Yuliya said:

I am sure you'll find the right balance. Writing is a fantastic hobby, whether it's short stories or novels :)

It is, I love it! I just also have way too many other things I do. I play video games, I'm a musician, an engineer, a father and husband. I'm sure I will get it figured out eventually, but I took a long break from writing and am just recently getting back into it so I am figuring things out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 5:17 AM, Dracoe said:

I am also a big fan