It appears I'm not alone...

XaliaStormblessed

Hello! I just found the 17th Shard and love seeing how many people love Brandon, I don't have enough of those people in my life! This seems like a cool community 😀 I've read the majority of the books in the Cosmere (haven't read the secret projects or The Lost Metal yet, but they're next on my list) and now am anxiously awaiting Stormlight book 5!!! It's gonna be a long year...

2 hours ago, The Sibling said:

Hello and welcome! Which secret project are you most exited for?

I'm not sure I don't know much about them, really. Which was your favorite?

1 hour ago, That1Cellist said:

Welcome to the Shard! We're happy to have you.

What are some of the books by Brandon that you especially like?

I love the Stormlight Archive series best, and maybe Words of Radiance...? I really liked them all so it's hard to choose! What about you?

12 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

Welcome!!!

Who's your favorite character?

I'm sure I risk sounding cliche but definitely Kaladin 😄 Who is yours??

6 minutes ago, Xandra Stormblessed said:

I'm not sure I don't know much about them, really. Which was your favorite?

I love the Stormlight Archive series best, and maybe Words of Radiance...? I really liked them all so it's hard to choose! What about you?

I'm sure I risk sounding cliche but definitely Kaladin 😄 Who is yours??

Lol no shame in loving a fantastic character! My fav is definitely Hoid, but Kaladin's right up there with him for sure

3 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

Lol no shame in loving a fantastic character! My fav is definitely Hoid, but Kaladin's right up there with him for sure

Yes he's super cool too! I think it's interesting how people always refer to him as Hoid when I seem to recall he mentioned the name for himself only once...at least in Stormlight. I always think of him as Wit 🤷

2 minutes ago, Xandra Stormblessed said:

Yes he's super cool too! I think it's interesting how people always refer to him as Hoid when I seem to recall he mentioned the name for himself only once...at least in Stormlight. I always think of him as Wit 🤷

Oh yeah, I started with Stomlight so I get what you mean. He uses the name Hoid in several other books, so people just started using it for him in general.

Also when I told my mom Wit's name was Hoid, (she's only read Way of Kings and Words of Radiance), she looked at me and said,

"That's a really stupid name," lol

3 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

Oh yeah, I started with Stomlight so I get what you mean. He uses the name Hoid in several other books, so people just started using it for him in general.

Lol 😂 

I guess I need to reread the other books! It has been a while so my memory of those details is not the best. But that does make sense. I seem to remember him being in Elantris at one point going by that name.

4 hours ago, Xandra Stormblessed said:

Hello! I just found the 17th Shard and love seeing how many people love Brandon, I don't have enough of those people in my life! This seems like a cool community 😀 I've read the majority of the books in the Cosmere (haven't read the secret projects or The Lost Metal yet, but they're next on my list) and now am anxiously awaiting Stormlight book 5!!! It's gonna be a long year...

Welcome! You’ll soon have many people who like Sanderson in your life….

24 minutes ago, Xandra Stormblessed said:

Lol 😂 

I guess I need to reread the other books! It has been a while so my memory of those details is not the best. But that does make sense. I seem to remember him being in Elantris at one point going by that name.

Yeah, he's called that in elantris, he also uses that name in his brief cameos throughout the mistborn series.

24 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

Yeah, he's called that in elantris, he also uses that name in his brief cameos throughout the mistborn series.

No those cameos I don't remember at all! I definitely need to read Mistborn again.

1 hour ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Welcome to the shard!

What is your favorite storm light book?

Probably Words of Radiance, though it's really hard to choose!

Just now, Xandra Stormblessed said:

No those cameos I don't remember at all! I definitely need to read Mistborn again.

A brief summary in case it helps (so you don't have to go back and reread it all again)

Spoiler

The Final Empire-

Hoid appears as an informant who sells information about the nobles, Kelsier uses him to get info in one scene, but obviously doesn't trust him very much

The Well of Ascension-

Hoid doesn't actually appear on screen in this one (though I have heard people claim he's one of the terrismen Elend speaks with near the end of the book, I don't think this is confirmed). There is a hint of him though, as Vin notices footprints in the snow leading to the Well, which are Hoids.

The Hero of Ages- 

Hoid is still posing as a beggar/informant, and Vin is directed to get information from him. She approaches him at night, but decides against it and doesn't actually go up and talk to him (due to mistborn secret history reasons).

Mistborn era 2-

Hoid is mentioned several times as Wax's cab driver throughout the books, though he has very few lines.

(He is also in TLM but you haven't read that).

Sorry if this is vague, it's been awhile since I read them myself.

5 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

A brief summary in case it helps (so you don't have to go back and reread it all again)

Hide contents

The Final Empire-

Hoid appears as an informant who sells information about the nobles, Kelsier uses him to get info in one scene, but obviously doesn't trust him very much

The Well of Ascension-

Hoid doesn't actually appear on screen in this one (though I have heard people claim he's one of the terrismen Elend speaks with near the end of the book, I don't think this is confirmed). There is a hint of him though, as Vin notices footprints in the snow leading to the Well, which are Hoids.

The Hero of Ages- 

Hoid is still posing as a beggar/informant, and Vin is directed to get information from him. She approaches him at night, but decides against it and doesn't actually go up and talk to him (due to mistborn secret history reasons).

Mistborn era 2-

Hoid is mentioned several times as Wax's cab driver throughout the books, though he has very few lines.

(He is also in TLM but you haven't read that).

Sorry if this is vague, it's been awhile since I read them myself.

Cool thank you!!

6 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

Wait till she learns about Cephandrius...

12 hours ago, Xandra Stormblessed said:

It's nice to meet you! Welcome to the Shard!