Operting cojoiners in the CR

Oltux72

2 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Spanreeds cannot be used between realms. Do spanreeds, however, work within the Cognitive Realm?

Well, how would you bring spren into CR? If you can bring them there - I think it's likely with lesser spren - then they should work in CR. But things like Shardblades or Shardplates can't be brought into CR, but Ryshadium can go with its bonded spren, and BAM possibly is somewhere in CR. It all depends on what would happen to a spren in a gemstone when you try to enter CR. 

But then the problem would be Stormlight. You would run out of it eventually, and smaller gems are losing light much faster than larger ones.

1 hour ago, alder24 said:

Well, how would you bring spren into CR? If you can bring them there - I think it's likely with lesser spren - then they should work in CR. But things like Shardblades or Shardplates can't be brought into CR, but Ryshadium can go with its bonded spren, and BAM possibly is somewhere in CR. It all depends on what would happen to a spren in a gemstone when you try to enter CR.

Doesn't Ulim show that storing them in gemstones simply works?

14 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Doesn't Ulim show that storing them in gemstones simply works?

Oh right, I forgot about this. He did, RoW ch 57:

Spoiler

"You think you can get into Shadesmar, if we need to?”
“Sh-Shadesmar?” she asked.
“Yes, we need to get to the storm there. The newer one in the south? Where I entered that gemstone …"

If you take two spanreeds to CR I don't see any reason now why they wouldn't work. 

The question remains why Adolin and Shallan's group didn't take a spanreed and check-in when they were traveling to Lasting Integrity? Even if CR to PR communication didn't work, Urithiru could have had a Radiant and scribe pop into Shadesmar to ask for a report CR to CR. Testing Spanreed operation in Shadesmar seems simple enough to easily test:

One Radiant at Urithiru, the other transported via Oathgate to Thaylen City, they scribble something to validate PR to PR contact, one jumps to Shadesmar via Oathgate, they test. If nothing happens the Radiant in PR uses Oathgate to jump to Shadesmar to test CR to CR.

Seems like something you check before a Highprince, his wife and a team of Radiants leave for a diplomatic mission with no reason to be incommunicado. You'd think Navani at least would have made sure to be able to get updates on Adolin and Shallan. This doesn't mean that no one thought of it, but this seems like pretty basic procedure.