Interesting observation

dhalagirl

The much-fabled lately Mayan calendar proclaims the beginning of a new era this year. Jordan describes the First Age as being very similar to our own 20-21st century. The conclusion, ladies and gentlemen, is obvious - the Second Age, also known as the Age of Legends is coming!

• 3 weeks later...

The much-fabled lately Mayan calendar proclaims the beginning of a new era this year. Jordan describes the First Age as being very similar to our own 20-21st century. The conclusion, ladies and gentlemen, is obvious - the Second Age, also known as the Age of Legends is coming!

There are 7 Ages, you know...

This entire thread is pretty much the most awesome thing ever.

Now we just have to (re)discover the One Power....

Ever since I found out that the WoT world and our world are one in the same only our time is during the third age, I've wondered how Jordan imagined the one power would be discovered.

Are you asking if I'd want to see Chaos with regular frequency? Been there, done that.

That's quite funny.

Actually, I was suggesting that he sees black spots with regular frequency. After all, he does spike people, so it's not that far of a jump to assume he may be a Darkfriend.

That's quite funny.

Actually, I was suggesting that he sees black spots with regular frequency. After all, he does spike people, so it's not that far of a jump to assume he may be a Darkfriend.

Ha! If he is wielding the true source that makes him a walking lightening rod. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• 1 month later...

I just happened to notice that this coming Monday (the 23rd) is Chinese New Year. This coming year is the year of the dragon. Is it fate or coincidence that AMoL is being released during the year of the dragon?

Off topic:

Is there a chance that Jordan wrote one ending and TOR could persuade Harriet/Sanderson to change that ending to make it look better for financial purposes?

I don't think so. Brandon has said that Jordan's ending feels right and I think it's safe to say that Harriet and Team Jordan will want to keep it as well. Regardless of how it ends, the book is going to make a load of money for TOR so there's no reason why they should change it.