This forum will retire in January

Chaos

With the release of Secret Project 4 tonight, you may wonder what is going to be happening with this forum. We are going to keep this forum around until Secret Project 4's public release in bookstores, around January 2nd. That way, every conceivable type of person--regardless of whether they backed the Kickstarter--can access the book, so this forum won't be necessary. We are currently leaning to having the forums in this area in an Archive category where you can still view the threads here (or report them if you'd like them moved elsewhere). Let us know if you have any comments!

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

With the release of Secret Project 4 tonight, you may wonder what is going to be happening with this forum. We are going to keep this forum around until Secret Project 4's public release in bookstores, around January 2nd. That way, every conceivable type of person--regardless of whether they backed the Kickstarter--can access the book, so this forum won't be necessary. We are currently leaning to having the forums in this area in an Archive category where you can still view the threads here (or report them if you'd like them moved elsewhere). Let us know if you have any comments!

Wait, January 2024? (So soon)

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

We are currently leaning to having the forums in this area in an Archive category where you can still view the threads here (or report them if you'd like them moved elsewhere). Let us know if you have any comments!

I would love to see this just become "Cosmere Previews" so that all preview discussion (Sixth of the Dusk 2, SA 5, etc) all comes here and frees the rest of us from fearing that random threads are (or become) spoilers with little to no warning.

Edited by Treamayne
Clarity

1 hour ago, Treamayne said:

I would love to see this just become "Previews" so that all preview discussion (Sixth of the Dusk 2, SA 5, etc) all comes here and frees the rest of us from fearing that random threads are (or become) spoilers with little to no warning.

I see the intent behind this suggestion, but note stuff can always can come up in threads, and so I doubt that will truly solve the problem you indicate. If people are forced to use the single forum always for preview content no matter what, I feel people will find it restrictive and compliance will be hard. So the same problem.

On 9/30/2023 at 10:49 PM, Chaos said:

I see the intent behind this suggestion, but note stuff can always can come up in threads, and so I doubt that will truly solve the problem you indicate. If people are forced to use the single forum always for preview content no matter what, I feel people will find it restrictive and compliance will be hard. So the same problem.

I was less talking about a random comment in a random thread (which, in threory, should still follow spoiler policy and has its own compliance issues), than threads where the OP's stated purpose is discussing a Preview item from the outset. A place for threads devoted to discussing previews (such as this post) and where such threads found in the wild can be moved (or where a previous innocuous thread devolving into a long spoiler discussion can be moved).

Edited by Treamayne
Clarity

• AonEne unpinned this topic