Finally making one of these

Firesong

Hey, I am Firesong, I have already been her for quite a while as you can see from my post number and how much I work on the wiki. I simply decided it was around time to make one of these.

I am a wind-tunnel fan of Brandon Sanderson and the Cosmere, I know that can be a rather controversial thing to be a fan of around these parts, and I hope that you can accept me despite this. I tend to speak at length and with great brio, I hope that is not a bother. 

I primarily just work on the wiki, expanding pages that are in dire need of expansion, and putting a lot of work into expanding relationship and personality sections, as those are some of the things I find most fascinating in literature. Looking into the fine details of a character's internal world, and how it shapes their interaction with those around them and with the society and culture around them, and how those themselves shape the character. I also find it fascinating to see how a character changes and evolves in subtle ways, and where said changes find their cause. 

I also do a lot of worldbuilding in the Combined Shards thread, which people inform me are rather good, though my talent be as real as the square root of -1, and my ineptitude grows faster than graham's function. Though I accept this paradox as reluctantly as a dehydrated camel accepts water. 

When not working on the wiki or typing on this forum, I am typically working on a fantasy worldbuilding project I have been working on for around a year now, and also working on writing a queer romance VN that I plan to release some day, for I have a talent in prose that may even rival Timothy Dexter. 

I enjoy playing video games, some of my favorites being Tears of the Kingdom, Hollow Knight, the Xenoblade Trilogy (haven't played X), Final Fantasy (I have played VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, XIII-LR, XIV, XV, and FF:BE),  Disco Elysium, the Ace Attorney Trilogy and The Great Ace Attorney, Celeste, VA-11 HALL-A, the AI: The Somnium Files Duology, and such. I have been enjoying Nier Automata and Elden Ring a lot lately, as well. I feel quite fond of games such as Pathologic, but I have never personally played it. 

Outside of Brandon Sanderson there are a lot of book I like, I quite enjoy the The Poppy War Trilogy, House of Leaves, Lord of the Rings (and the extended History of Middle Earth books), Fyodor Dostoevsky's work, the Dune Saga, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Journey to the West, and Water Margin, Percy Jackson, War and Peace, and Les Misérables. I also really enjoy Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan by Herbet P. Bix. (Poppy War and House of Leaves are both definitely for adults, especially the latter, so don't read them if you aren't one.)

I am personally not a fan of Malazan or A Song of Ice and Fire, both for very different reasons that I will not get into here as I can rant about those for a while, and I shall not bore you with such pointless palaver. 

My interests include world history, anthropology; numismatics (modern and historical), though I find interest it in for a very different reason than that octogenarian mouse; literature (which I am aware is unexpected), various branches of science, mathematics as a whole, foreign culture and religion, and linguistics. 

I am currently teaching myself Japanese, with a strenuous schedule of only a few minutes every few days whenever I remember, it can be rather exhausting working this hard. But at least it is paying off, I am learning at the speed of a geriatric turtle with arthritis. And can expect can expect to read the immaculate and complex prose of a Level 0 Graded Reader by the time the sun becomes a big red boy. 

I do so hope we can get along.