Bot/Spam Hunters

10 hours ago, alder24 said:

Yup. Because there is nothing suspicious in advertising a weird page, unrelated to Brandon. Just report those.

Recently I had a weird dream. Chaos made me a mod so I can ban bots when no other mods are present. It felt sooooo gooooood.

Huh. Pretty wild dream.

That's not sus at all... 

Currently Registering...Screenshot_20230823-202240.thumb.png.caa818983f000a1bdc6e3a5acc73f67a.png

Hello!

I remember a time Lunamor was known as the spambot hunter. I report them when I see them - I like to leave a post on their feed to mark that I've reported it - so that no one'll bother reporting again. It's not really that important, but it's a way.

On 8/24/2023 at 2:03 AM, Robin Sedai said:

I wonder if the mods have a way of telling who has made the most reports. I think I'd have a shot at top place tbh

Not really, unfortunately. Even if there were a way to pull the data, we have a general policy of deleting spambot reports once they've been handled. This keeps the report screen from being cluttered so we can focus in on real member issues that might need to be resolved.

And a general PSA for everyone:

You only need to report one post per spambot. Our special sparkly nuke button bans the account and deletes all of their content in one fell swoop (and we are very, very careful about how we use it, because the content deletion is irreversible).

One report to nuke them all, and in the darkness smite them!

55 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

As a member of the grammar police I feel obligated to pop in and remind you that, when making something plural, an apostrophe is not needed.

As such, this thread should be titled "Bot/Spam Hunters" with the apostrophe left out <3

Yeah that's a Grammer error. But bots have worse Grammer. "Rahdjks' or "CaLl ThIS nuMBer"