A map of Roshar including map #2, Electric Boogaloo

The Sibling

I made a map of Roshar! Inspired by @Akkarat's 

Their's is way better, but I think I'm going to keep trying to draw Roshar. I had an idea to draw a little castle at Kholinar and Azimir and places like that, but there was no space on this one. Mostly this was just to practice drawing Roshar's weird shape. Here it is!

64bff1ed252ed_Screenshot2023-07-25120129.png.a375e4d14130452ebc089c463e6bca31.png

Sorry about the weird angle, it was just because I didn't want my shadow to cover it.

Edit :

Here's the new one 

64d6586178795_Screenshot2023-08-11100503.thumb.png.da06c49a2e66166c25248ce20b7422be.png

Edited by The Sibling
Adding second map

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 8:44 AM, Akkarat said:

omg so cool! i love the idea of little drawings, also its super idk clean(?) esthetic(?) especially for a practice drawing

have fun with the next one!

Thanks!

I've just realized that I can trace the map of Roshar from my copy of RoW because it quite a bit bigger than a regular piece of paper. Then I'll have space for my original idea. Now I just need to find the right paper/pens to use. 

Sorry to double post, but here's my newest map of Roshar. Its a bit different, more a study of glyphs and Alethi women's script than anything else, but i'm pretty happy with it. Basically, there are a few places labeled in the calligraphers alphabet found in RoW, and then there are the glyphs for each type of light, with the glyph for roshar on top. I also added the glyph for storm (I mean, it's Roshar) and the glyph for eternal because Roshar is supposed to kind of look like an infinity symbol. The women's script says a few quotes from the books about different places on Roshar. The top left is Laral saying "We've got a noble heritage, Kal", the bottom is someone calling Azir "The strongest kingdom of the west" and the top right is Taravangian calling Jah Keved "One of the great cities of the world"

Here it is! I'll also edit it into the OP.

64d6581d8c271_Screenshot2023-08-11100503.thumb.png.40cb6287be64b57488792b4835a59e28.png

3 hours ago, The Sibling said:

Sorry to double post, but here's my newest map of Roshar. Its a bit different, more a study of glyphs and Alethi women's script than anything else, but i'm pretty happy with it. Basically, there are a few places labeled in the calligraphers alphabet found in RoW, and then there are the glyphs for each type of light, with the glyph for roshar on top. I also added the glyph for storm (I mean, it's Roshar) and the glyph for eternal because Roshar is supposed to kind of look like an infinity symbol. The women's script says a few quotes from the books about different places on Roshar. The top left is Laral saying "We've got a noble heritage, Kal", the bottom is someone calling Azir "The strongest kingdom of the west" and the top right is Taravangian calling Jah Keved "One of the great cities of the world"

Here it is! I'll also edit it into the OP.

64d6581d8c271_Screenshot2023-08-11100503.thumb.png.40cb6287be64b57488792b4835a59e28.png

I like it. I like how you used glyphs all around it, but I would recommend one thing, using Thaylen Script for the Frostlands and Thaylenah. Think that would be a nice extra detail. 

But I do have a question, where did you hear it is supposed to look like an infinity symbol? From everything I know, it is a 2-D cross section of a 4-D Julia Set; and was meant to look a bit like a storm. Not like a lemniscate. 

Just now, Firesong said:

But I do have a question, where did you hear it is supposed to look like an infinity symbol

I actually have no idea. I remember it soo vaguely that I might have honestly just come up with it myself. I guess because of the seemingly infinite storm cycle and the desolations. Maybe it's not actually a things. Oops.

41 minutes ago, The Sibling said:

I actually have no idea. I remember it soo vaguely that I might have honestly just come up with it myself. I guess because of the seemingly infinite storm cycle and the desolations. Maybe it's not actually a things. Oops.

It isn't any big deal, it still fits due to the eternal storms, one of which does indeed use the glyph for Eternity (the Everstorm, ofc)

But yeah, I like it. 

Just now, Firesong said:

Thaylen Script for the Frostlands and Thaylenah. Think that would be a nice extra detail. 

Good idea! I'm going to make another one soon that will be more of a rough sketch and that I'm going to cover with notes from the Ars Arcanum. For that one I'll do the Thaylen script. 

Just now, Firesong said:

But yeah, I like it. 

Thanks!