I made a Scadrial map

Akkarat

OK BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING - I KNOW IT SEEMS WEIRD AND NOT LIKE SCADRIAL AT ALL AT FIRST GLANCE

but its because north is in upper right corner, i hope now it looks better

So, i know its not 100% accurate, but i had this vague idea of map with the final empire as a coin pulled/pushed by 2 allomancers for a long time and just had to make it (not sure if it looks like it meant to tho)

I guess i just wanted to ask what do you guys think about it, does it make sense? do you like the result? Should i change something?

I will post pictures post adding color (i mean, pouring coffe and tea all over it) tomorow but i couldnt resist myself, i had to show it already 

img,gcsi,d17aB6860311b0662FE2dB29544EFBc5f90b5046,mpid,7,maxwidth,1080.75,maxheight,2048.75.png

35 minutes ago, The Sibling said:

WOW! That's really good! I don't know enough about Scadrial to be able to vouch for it's accuracy, but it looks amazing. I love the push/pull idea, and the positions of the hands look really convincing (I literally can't draw hands).

Hands just don't get drawn,

That map is AWESOME.

Has anyone otice that if you are full of awe, it's bad, but if you have some , it;s good ( AwFULL, aweSOME)

Don't make any sense.

It looks great, absolutely love it. 

Main thing is that the Northern and Southern Crescents go out more, and there is a body of land between them which expands off screen. But I get why you didn't do it as the way you angled the map meant that you would have to guess what it looks like off-screen (or, off-page, I guess), so no real complaints there. 

But on an artistic level, I really love it. It is creative, and you did very, very well on the hands. Like, my goodness I am actually rather jealous. Hands are so stupidly difficult, so I am very impressed. 

This map is also just making me really excited to see the full world map, and since we know the size of the planet, and where the equator and prime meridian are, it should be relatively easy to make all sorts of neat projections of it, like we were able to do with Roshar. Very, very, very excited for that. 

On 16.07.2023 at 5:23 AM, The Sibling said:

WOW! That's really good! I don't know enough about Scadrial to be able to vouch for it's accuracy, but it looks amazing. I love the push/pull idea, and the positions of the hands look really convincing (I literally can't draw hands).

thankyouthankyouthankyou im sorry for replying after such a long time but thanks, it made my day

On 16.07.2023 at 5:59 AM, Stormform said:

Hands just don't get drawn,

That map is AWESOME.

Has anyone otice that if you are full of awe, it's bad, but if you have some , it;s good ( AwFULL, aweSOME)

Don't make any sense.

lol you r right

...maybe aw works like salt, too much is awfull

anyway THANK YOU IM SUPER GLAD YOU LIKE IT

On 16.07.2023 at 6:53 AM, Firesong said:

Main thing is that the Northern and Southern Crescents go out more, and there is a body of land between them which expands off screen. But I get why you didn't do it as the way you angled the map meant that you would have to guess what it looks like off-screen (or, off-page, I guess), so no real complaints there. 

But on an artistic level, I really love it. It is creative, and you did very, very well on the hands. Like, my goodness I am actually rather jealous. Hands are so stupidly difficult, so I am very impressed

i may be making redraw of it in the future so thanks for advices ((and for whole your comment, it made my day))

On 16.07.2023 at 9:04 PM, Argent said:

The Push/Pull symbolism was immediately obvious to me, even before reading your post I think it's a very clever idea, and very well executed too. 

oh im glad to hear that, i show it to my friend who is into mistborn and i had to explain it, so if you say its obvious then well... thats a relief;)

On 22.07.2023 at 5:41 PM, Veledsier said:

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

On 22.07.2023 at 8:03 PM, Silver Phantom said:

This is truly beautiful 

thank you both sm, the fact that you like it makes the hours i spend on it totally worth it:D

6 hours ago, Akkarat said:

thank you both sm, the fact that you like it makes the hours i spend on it totally worth it:D

While you won't get in trouble for this once, next time try editing your comment instead of commenting twice in a row. Double posting is technically against the rules, but again, don't worry too much about this first time. 

2 hours ago, Firesong said:

While you won't get in trouble for this once, next time try editing your comment instead of commenting twice in a row. Double posting is technically against the rules, but again, don't worry too much about this first time. 

o okay, didnt know that, thank you:)