The Genius of SP4

Argenti

While some feel that having a book set so far in the future spoils the entire Stormlight Archive, I think it does the complete opposite; we know his (metaphorical) Death, Sigzil's weaknesses, and his destination. It's a book of endings, it's like how if you really wanted to, you can always just skip to the end of the book, but without the context of what happens between, the words you see have no meaning. Once we have read the full series, it will be fun to go back and see what Brandon's been alluding to this whole time. It's a book of backshadowing, so remember, 

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 5:29 PM, Argenti said:

While some feel that having a book set so far in the future spoils the entire Stormlight Archive, I think it does the complete opposite; we know his (metaphorical) Death, Sigzil's weaknesses, and his destination. It's a book of endings, it's like how if you really wanted to, you can always just skip to the end of the book, but without the context of what happens between, the words you see have no meaning. Once we have read the full series, it will be fun to go back and see what Brandon's been alluding to this whole time. It's a book of backshadowing, so remember, 

The only thing it spoils is that he doesn't die and eventually becomes a Dawnshard. It is clear that Brandon isn't gonna spoil anything else in Stormlight besides that stuff. 

• 2 months later...
On 2023-06-14 at 6:29 PM, Argenti said:

This just makes me feel like in this book Sigzil is going to reach a destination, get weak, and then die. 

Just now, The Sibling said:

This just makes me feel like in this book Sigzil is going to reach a destination, get weak, and then die. 

I mean that's kind what he's done in the pre-view, he gotten somewhere, he's pretty weak and he might die. 
But like i'm not speculating 12 hours before the book comes out

2 minutes ago, Argenti said:

I mean that's kind what he's done in the pre-view, he gotten somewhere, he's pretty weak and he might die. 

Yeah, kind of. I hope that this book either concludes his story (Even if that means his death) or sets him up as a future Hoid like figure.

Also, I completely forgot that it's coming out in like half a day. And now my brain has gone into panic mode and I can't turn it off.