New recruit, need training, wardship, or just saying hi :)

Khognilin

Hi! I'll be short.

I'm actually high of stature and can do nothing about that (storm these Alethi and their long legs!). Storms, that was a bad pun, Jasnah would have been disappointed, but I'm committed now. At least they released me from the psychward. Get it, "committed"? I, know, my wordplay sucks, but that hasn't stopped me from trying yet. :)

I just finished Words of Radiance and I am in love. I haven't been this excited for a story in ages. "Mistborn" was impressive. "The Alloy of Law" was engaging. "Warbreaker" was shiny and enjoyable. But "The Stormlight Archive" is something no words of mine can do justice. 

The aforementioned ones are the books I have read until now and I'm on a quest to hunt all words Sanderson has written ever since I opened up the first Mistborn.

So, hi to all, and I'm dipping in the forums head first to research the marvelous world of the Cosmere. 

A note about my nickname, although few would care - it is a wordplay between cogni and Kholin. I'm studying cognitive science and I am preparing to do a PhD in the field, and that is where the Cogni part comes from. The other is self-explanatory, but just to note that Dalinar and Jasnah are my favorite characters from all books. I cannot describe the relief and excitement I felt at the end of WoR. And throughout WoR at every Dalinar scene I was like "Please don't die, please don't die! damnation you GRRM and the fear you have instilled in me about my favorite characters dying!". Oh, I also love Hoid and... Rock - he is just adorable, best minor character of all times. Airsick lowlanders! Maybe it's partly due to the fact that I listened the audiobook and Michael Kramer did a fantastic job at brining the characters to life, but his Rock was adorable throught both books.

I'm done rambling for now. :)

Oh, where do I start with the forums and reading about the Cosmere? I know next to nothing and it seems that there is a lot of info.

Edited by Khognilin

Wow. So many puns. So much wordplay. I get the feeling I'm going to like you.

If you're looking for basic information on the Cosmere, check out Cosmere 101. It's a very useful resource for new members.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! (fora?) Have a great time. There are plenty of excellent threads to get involved with, so jump right in!

Hmmmmm Greetings to the 17th realm of the stars my friend. If you wish to be "warded" then I believe you should check out the social groups/clan area, its a lot of fun there and we do awesome stuff. If you wish to learn about the cosmere I recommend the coppermind wiki, there's a link to it right beneath the big 17 on the page. Once you've read up on that just hang out, read theories, ask questions, and you'll soon have a knowledge of the cosmere to boast about.

Rock - he is just adorable, best minor character of all times. Airsick lowlanders! ...

You accidentally typed "minor" there, between "best" and "character."

Also, I would argue that the Coppermind is not a good starting point for learning the Cosmere. It is a good place to fill in some gaps, but it does a poor job at introducing the concept in a... unified, for the lack of a better word, manner.

Thank you for the warm welcoming, you have a cool and fun community here it seems, I'm going to like spending my time here :)

Most people do. This particular corner of the internet is very warm and inviting.

Mistborn was also my first Sanderson book, and Stormlight Archive is my favourite. :)

Welcome, and I am obligated to tell you to watch out for the spikes. Well, someone has to tell you that, and no one has so far.  :ph34r:

Delightful! Come on, you have to warn him? I had an iron spike all ready and everything!

And you are under the illusion that I would allow myself to get spiked that easily? Storms, you people are a presumptuous lot!

Storming alert newcomers! Quick! Spike Khognilin now, before it's too late! :ph34r:

Edited by Delightful

Oh dear.

I'm really, really sorry to tell you this, Khognilin. but like everyone else on this board, you clearly suffer from OCD. Wanting to find out more about the cosmere? Cursing in Alethi?

Classic signs of Obsessive Cosmere Disorder. You have my condolences.

Seriously, welcome, and that is a cool username and field of study.

• Chaos locked this topic