Are Steel Inquisitors Illiterate?

Serity

As I was rereading the original trilogy, I had a thought: since Inquisitors can't "see" strictly speaking but can only sense where things are with steel and iron, would they be able to read or would they just see a piece of paper as a flat surface? Are there any examples in the books of spikeheads reading?

i think it depends on the metal content of the ink. I have no idea what they put into it, but most dyes are metal complexes, so an inquisitor should sense them. Huh, one could make an ink only with non-metal dyes that would be invisible to inquisitors, or one with colorless metal salts  that would only be visible to them

What about painting notes over with a transparent adhesive or laquer that has a high metal content, or writing nonsense on the paper in invisible ink, which the ironsight should be able to see equally well, underneath and above the actual impression? Also, using delicate brushes and little ink on a tough surface to avoid shaping the surface of the note into words.

i think it depends on the metal content of the ink. I have no idea what they put into it, but most dyes are metal complexes, so an inquisitor should sense them. Huh, one could make an ink only with non-metal dyes that would be invisible to inquisitors, or one with colorless metal salts  that would only be visible to them

Ya. I was writing some Mistborn fan fiction with a friend and we had Marsh using metallic ink. Also, we have to remember that an  inquisitor can see even small traces of metal. I belive in the end of Final Empire, we see them able to tell where people are  by the metal on and in their bodies, even the small amount of metal in normal non-spiked bodies.

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic