My Cosmere reading order

Son_of_Hoid

I have been working on this for a bit. I would love some constructive criticism. I really think that the top row is a kind of essential background for understanding many references. I started with WoK and the writing was not as great as I read the rest of the Cosmere, which was a bit of a let down (I still like all of the books, but SLA is my favorite series). This is more designed for new readers to try to get them into the Cosmere. Thoughts?

Capture.PNG

10 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

Looks great, though I think you forgot Edgedancer, 

but that would just go right after WoR so It wouldn't change the order at all

Edgedanncer is in Arcanum unbounded.

Personally I don't think reading order is that important, if they care enough about catching all the details, they will read the books again to pick them up.

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

Edgedanncer is in Arcanum unbounded.

Personally I don't think reading order is that important, if they care enough about catching all the details, they will read the books again to pick them up.

lol I completely forgot about that, I own it as a separate book so I forgot it was in arcanum

dang it, me and my goldfish brain

9 hours ago, Son_of_Hoid said:

This is more designed for new readers to try to get them into the Cosmere. Thoughts?

Here are my notes from the many reading order threads. They may help you refine your concept.

After the first few, I think it is more important what not to read before something else (e.g. don't read Secret History before Bands of Mourning) than it is to follow some ideal reading order. Taste is subjective, and I think as long as a new reader (that is worried about "spoilers") knows what to save for later to avoid them, then your reading order (and many others) will all work just fine.