Surviving on Roshar

Aleksiel

I don't know why everybody assumes they could make themselves a primary character. Narcissism I suppose?

I'd shoot for joining the bridgemen, perhaps E-5 or so. Just high enough rank to be Lopen's second and alter events subtly. And achieve squire status. Maybe bend Kaladin's ear slightly.

To be a bridgeman, you pretty much have to have been a bridgeman before, a prince or one of the Lopen's cousins.  They are trusted to not be infiltrated by Sadeas' assassins because of the history. 

I think temporarily joining the ardentia at Urithiru and helping w/tech would gain me the most credibility.  Eventually, I could imagine getting Navani's ear if I thought I could be helpful. 

Between the Voidbringers, the Everstorm and the tender mercies of the Diagramists, I don't think I would want to be anywhere else. 

After the way they unleashed Szeth on the world, I don't feel any need to warn the Shamanate if I even could get through their layers of ignorance. 

Edited by hoser

I'd join the ardents, just so I can adept my physical knowledge, whilest I note down all the mathematical definitions and physical formulae, my electrotechnical/ technical Informatics knowledge and find a way to Industrialize in a short period of time. For this I will go to the two ardents that discoverd flamespren beavior. After working out which is the fastest way to industrialize (should take about a year) find Sebariel get him to invest after showing him some prototypes (of whatever). Sell the book you compiled to Navani. 

Plan could look somewhat like this:

1: identify a resource rich environment

2: introduce steam powerd engines to become more efficient at mining, and build railways

3: Identify plants that are rich in oil and intoduce modern farming (steampowered plows etc.), use BioCHULLgas

4: use fuels to power crude large machines, like industrial arms factory, improve mining, etc.

5: find out if salpeter is available, based on this: concentrate on armor and arms and food, or on cannons

Each step needs to be progressively improved, and has to be executed somewhat parallel. But that would be how I'd do it, I guess.

First thoughts were to wonder if I'm broken enough for a Nahel bond, or failing that, disciplined enough to become somebody's Squire. Then I wondered if I know enough about circuit design to invent a fabrial computer.

Realistically, though, my safety would be best served by "Hey Vasher, if I tell you where Nightblood is about to be, can you take me to Scadrial?"

(I'm highly amused by the number of people who said something like "I'm going to go explain to [Taravangian/the Stone Shamans/etc] how they're wrong about everything and then...". There's no "and then," dude. Assuming you manage to convince them you know something you can't possibly know, you're not leaving.)

I'm perpetually highlighting everything in case there's white text now. 

Not sure if items are allowed to be brought, but if not: Try and find the best bearings I can and make my way to the nearest kind of civilisation I can. Once there, start accumulating knowledge that would be needed to get around (how the heck would you cook a chull?). 

After that, try and find a way to get to Stormseat. It'll take a looong time, but that will be the final goal. (or maybe just Kaladin's home if it's closer). Or Kholinar. 

If I can bring items however: Vroom vroom, motherf------. I hope I can get my hands on an electric car and a few solar panels before I get tossed onto an alien planet. Then armed with van full of technology I start making my way across to the Plains. Hopefully won't encounter any bandits.. That would be awkward at best... 

• Chaos locked this topic