Gravity Falls RP - 17th Shard Edition!

Zephrun’s Imperium

Greetings, members of the 17th Shard, forum darling Missus Mystery here; you asked for it, you got it, it’s the Shard’s very own GF RP!! *air horn noises*

It is the year 2010 and your high school (located in Nevada) has decided to book a vacation to the only place cheap enough to afford: Gravity Falls, Oregon! There’s pine trees, there’s an overpriced tourist shop, there’s a lake, and there’s… somewhat normal people! It’s only a month, I’m sure it’ll go great! 

I’ll be playing a chaperone and the one and only *Bill Cipher* My character sheets are below, go ahead and post yours if you plan to join!

Spoiler

Name: Bill Cipher
Appearance: T r i a n g l e (shade lemon yellow) ft. top hat, cane, and lovely lashes
Details: You’ve seen the show, whaddya want from me?
Personality: Charismatic dream demon of chaos
Skills: Being dapper, mindscape weirdness, general air of menace

Name: Carrie Thompson
Appearance: Middle aged lady with straight brown hair in a classy a-line
Details: Works as a 4th grade teacher, single mom
Personality: Perpetually tired, but excited to be on vacation. Very Mom; she brings the snacks, she brings the bug spray, and she wields the sunscreen.
Skills: Enthusiasm and great handwriting

Name: Zorka Johnson
Appearance: Pretty average girl, curly brown hair.
Details: Middle child, likes music.
Personality: Kind of a too cool for school kind of thing, doesn't want to be on this trip.
Skills: Sarcasm.

Name: Gary Stu
Appearance: 15 years old, popular (very), blonde hair, quite long, 5’11”, buff
Details: Captain of the football team, captain of the basketball team
Personality: None

Name: Maddox Thompson
Appearance: Fluffy red hair in a bob, round glasses, short-ish.
Details: Nickname Madds. Lemon Demon and cartoons are their entire personality (i don't care if spirit phone was released in 2016 that is what they will be listening to. and anyway neil did the "it's gonna get weird" song so it's totally gf related). also they like to read but they keep that kind of to themself cause they don't want to seem nerdy (but they already do lol). Likes dogs cats and frogs :D
Personality: Little unfriendly, but not necessarily on purpose. Pretty funny sometimes, pretty awkward other times.
Skills: Can play the ukulele.

Name: Lyle Kalamin
Appearance: Blond hair, usually a mess, green eyes. Average height. 
Details: Likes being around people as long as they're his people. Pretty nerdy, loves books. and frogs cus why not
Personality: Usually tries to go unnoticed. He's really shy, but when you get to know him he opens up a lot.
Skills: Is good at deciphering codes and (Bill) ciphers. 

Name: August Elsher (if you call him Gus he will never talk to you again)
Appearance: um short, but not that short, pretty flimsy in build. Black wavy hair that's always a mess, blue eyes.
Details: sleep deprived high schooler
Personality: Cheerful! Optimistic! Happy! Secretly stressed but you don't know that!
Skills: Good at singing but he doesn't like doing it in front of people, can draw sometimes, knows several languages

Name: Kristy Olsen
Appearance: Brown curls, usually pulled back in a poofy ponytail
Details: Always writing in a notebook, documenting inspiration for things on the speech team
Personality: Fairly shy, but very passionate
Skills: Cooking, writing

And here's what I have of the itinerary!

Day 1: Get off the bus and get settled - been a long drive
Day 2: L a k e (ft. townspeople)
Day 3: Hike through the woods (ft. gnomes? ft. unicorns?) and Mystery Shack (ft. Stanford Pines)
Day 4: History museum (ft. Blind Eye) and arcade (ft. Blendin Blandin?)

Edited by Zephrun’s Imperium

I've only seen bits and pieces of Gravity Falls, but I've liked what I've seen and I'll join, though I'm fairly new at rping, so if I'm doing it wrong tell me :D

Name: Zorka Johnson

Appearance: Pretty average girl, curly brown hair.

Details: Middle child, likes music.

Personality: Kind of a too cool for school kind of thing, doesn't want to be on this trip.

Skills: Sarcasm.

I have never seen Gravity Falls, but RPing is fun, and I like the premise 

Name: Gary Stu

Appearance: 15 years old, popular (very), blonde hair, quite long, 5’11”, buff

Details: Captain of the football team, captain of the basketball team

Personality: None

Edited by TheAlpha929

I can be the kid!

Name: Maddox Thompson
Appearance: Fluffy red hair in a bob, round glasses, short-ish.
Details: Nickname Madds. Lemon Demon and cartoons are their entire personality (i don't care if spirit phone was released in 2016 that is what they will be listening to. and anyway neil did the "it's gonna get weird" song so it's totally gf related). also they like to read but they keep that kind of to themself cause they don't want to seem nerdy (but they already do lol). Likes dogs cats and frogs :D

Personality: Little unfriendly, but not necessarily on purpose. Pretty funny sometimes, pretty awkward other times.
Skills: Can play the ukulele.

is there anything i should add about them being Carrie's kid?

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

Yay! the Gravity Falls RP is here!

Name: Lyle Kalamin

Appearance: Blond hair, usually a mess, green eyes. Average height. 

Details: Likes being around people as long as they're his people. Pretty nerdy, loves books. and frogs cus why not

Personality: Usually tries to go unnoticed. He's really shy, but when you get to know him he opens up a lot.

Skills: Is good at deciphering codes and (Bill) ciphers. 

Man, y'all can always post later! There's no time limit. :) I'm currently working on a post to kick things off, so just watch for that and then you can go ham.

You guys are the best though, seriously. I haven't RP'd on the Shard for too long and I've been dying for more GF content, so this is as perfect as it gets.

Alright, RPers, give it up to Carrie to kick things off! (I'm an hour early, I know, consider it a surprise present I guess) From now on OCC things should be in quote boxes. 

I've been thinking about how to handle our run-ins with canon characters like Stan, McGucket, Blendin etc. if anybody wants to play one of those characters, or the gnomes or unicorns or members of the Blind Eye, just let me know, I guess. 

The sun was hastening towards the horizon by the time the charter bus pulled into the hotel. That had not been the plan; the group was supposed to have arrived a few hours earlier, but unfortunately things happened on the road. At least the kids got to see how to replace a tire! That was a plus, right? The kids probably wouldn’t agree with her. They were restless and annoyed, the morning’s enthusiasm stamped out by a painfully uneventful bus ride. Yawns had replaced laughter, leaving the atmosphere heavy with a fuzzy silence. Though the chatter did pick up upon entering the town, it mostly consisted of expressions of disappointment. 

That wasn’t fair, Carrie thought. The Oregon countryside was gorgeous and there really were some cool things to do here. And even if there weren’t, they all had the opportunity to bond on this vacation. She would have absolutely loved to do something like this when she was in high school.

Once the bus came to a stop, Carrie got to her feet and took up the microphone to address the bus. “Alrighty, kiddos, we made it! It took longer than expected, but we’re here and we’re gonna have some fun! Here’s the deal-io: once you get your luggage, find the people you’re rooming with and a chaperone will give you your room key. Please, please, please make sure that you take all your stuff with you when you leave the bus and clean up any of your trash; the bus driver doesn’t want to have to pick up after you. Lights off is at 10:30, so make sure you plan accordingly. Chaperones will be around to the rooms before then to give you a run-down of what to expect for tomorrow. I think that’s it… Have fun, guys, try to get some good sleep tonight. We’ve got a fun trip planned!” 

After replacing the microphone, Carrie made her way outside of the bus and stretched her arms overhead with a yawn. It was good to be in the fresh - if humid - air after a day spent on the road. 

Do you mind if I slide in here last minute? I love gravity falls :D

Name: August Elsher (if you call him Gus he will never talk to you again)

Appearance: um short, but not that short, pretty flimsy in build. Black wavy hair that's always a mess, blue eyes.

Details: sleep deprived high schooler, He loves orange juice

Personality: Cheerful! Optimistic! Happy! Secretly stressed but you don't know that!

Skills: Good at singing but he doesn't like doing it in front of people, can draw sometimes, knows several languages

(also I'd be happy to play any canon characters if needed)

Edited by Justice_Magician

Zorka rolled her eyes and started out of the bus, turning up her music as she passed Carrie. Something is seriously wrong with that women, she thought, grabbing a key and starting inside.

Madds hopped down the bus steps, unconsciously humming. The bus ride had stopped being fun one hour in, after some boy had told Madds to stop strumming their ukulele because it was annoying. Madds had put their earbuds in and decided they were never talking to him again. At least mom brought grahm crackers...

The hotel seemed... fine. The bright flashing sign outside boasting roach free beds was promising. Madds bounced inside, still humming.

August looked around after gathering his luggage.

The pine trees are nice he thought to himself. He followed the red haired kid in front of him into the hotel, it felt good to walk around a bit after such a long drive.

"Sooooo . . ." He said, catching up to them in the lobby, "No roaches, that's pretty fancy." 

i think it might make sense for us to know eachother's names vaguely, at least, since we're at the same school? i'm homeschooled tho don't listen to me on school matters lmao

Madds popped an earbud out as the kid who's name they remembered as August caught up to them. "Yeah... last time mom and i stayed at a hotel, you had to pay extra for the bug free rooms. And the bathrooms. Ohio was weird. Anyway... I'm Madds, I don't know if you remember. Do you know who you're rooming with?"

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Madds popped an earbud out as the kid who's name they remembered as August caught up to them. "Yeah... last time mom and i stayed at a hotel, you had to pay extra for the bug free rooms. And the bathrooms. Ohio was weird. Anyway... I'm Madds, I don't know if you remember. Do you know who you're rooming with?"

"Nope" August replied, "Is there a list somewhere?" 

i think it might make sense for us to know eachother's names vaguely, at least, since we're at the same school? i'm homeschooled tho don't listen to me on school matters lmao

lol yeah your probably right, I realized that after- and as a kid who goes to public school, it is surprising how many names I can remember even though I only regularly talk to like 3 people . . .

4 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

"Nope" August replied, "Is there a list somewhere?" 

"dunno... I'll ask." Madds waved in Carrie's direction. "Mooom? How do we know who we're rooming with? Is there, like, a list?"

@Zephrun’s Imperium

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

Alerted by the sound of her progeny, Carrie turned around. "The list was put out before we left, but I have an extra copy somewhereeeee..." After rummaging around in a giant bag, she proffered a paper that was, despite all odds, perfectly immaculate, with no folds or wrinkles whatsoever.