1 hour ago, MarceletsGo said:

Hi may I join?

Im learning Dutch,German, Finnish, and I do French to still be able to speak it. And have a 67 day streak I don't want to lose my family 

WOaaah! Very nice. My friend had like a 300 day streak once. But 67 is better than mine BY FAR. We will do our best to protect your family from the language lord. :lol:

3 hours ago, MarceletsGo said:

Hi may I join?

Im learning Dutch,German, Finnish, and I do French to still be able to speak it. And have a 67 day streak I don't want to lose my family 

Welcome, Companion! I shall add you to the squad :D 

Your collection of languages is very impressive! I am certain that Lord Duolingo is well pleased with you...

12 minutes ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

Ahhasdhfasdhlajsdkh!!!

my phone got taken away so I haven't been able to continue my thirty day streak! I'm so mad!

Just log in on what ever device you're on here with that's what I do

24 minutes ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

my phone got taken away so I haven't been able to continue my thirty day streak! I'm so mad!

*terror* Brother, I shall continue my streak to appease the Lord of Languages!

(392 days *screaming*)

On 11/03/2023 at 2:19 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

Hi guys! I don't have duloingo, but i've been trying to get it. I want to learn ASL, latin, german, hebrew, and arabic. Not all at the same time, and probably not in that order. 

Welcome as an honorary member! Tell me... what is ASL?

49 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

American Sign Language.

They don’t teach ASL. Auslan or any sign on duolingo… they have courses based more on visuals for non hearing peeps but they don’t actually teach you how to communicate in sign language. 
I wanna learn Auslan (Australian sign language). They really should teach us sign language in school as well as, or instead of, another language. There are far more non-hearing people (in Australia at least not sure about the US) than people who don’t speak English at all.

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

American Sign Language.

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

They don’t teach ASL. Auslan or any sign on duolingo… they have courses based more on visuals for non hearing peeps but they don’t actually teach you how to communicate in sign language. 
I wanna learn Auslan (Australian sign language). They really should teach us sign language in school as well as, or instead of, another language. There are far more non-hearing people (in Australia at least not sure about the US) than people who don’t speak English at all.

Ahhh, groovy. I know the alphabet in Auslan and that's about it :P. I also COMPLETELY agree with you, Cin. Knowing sign language would be very useful - even if just to teach us empathy for those who can't hear!

12 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

dang. that's what I was afraid of. I figured that they probably didn't, but i always hope.

12 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

@Being of Cacophony, there's an ASL class you can take next year if you like.

I know. I'm signed up for it.