Realizing that if Book 5 ends 10 days after the end of RoW (day of the contest), what part do Shallan and Adolin play? They'll still be traveling in the Cognitive Realm for at least 10 days, and they have no idea what's happening except with Wit and his communications box. They may be the part of the story that reveals a few big twists, investigating what truly happened at the Recreance. 

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, theSurgeOfPhysics said:

Realizing that if Book 5 ends 10 days after the end of RoW (day of the contest), what part do Shallan and Adolin play? They'll still be traveling in the Cognitive Realm for at least 10 days, and they have no idea what's happening except with Wit and his communications box. They may be the part of the story that reveals a few big twists, investigating what truly happened at the Recreance. 

Thoughts?

Well, if I recall correctly they have some unboned humans with them, along with some Honorspren seeking a bond.

So they could get flown back.

1 minute ago, theSurgeOfPhysics said:

Thoughts?

I'm hoping they are kept apart tbh.

Adolin is a good guy but he's a terrible influence on Shallan, and vica versa. He indulges all of her BS and doesn't really help her issues with his unconditional support, while she exposes his weaknesses with her behaviour...

1 minute ago, jockmcplop said:

I'm hoping they are kept apart tbh.

Adolin is a good guy but he's a terrible influence on Shallan, and vica versa. He indulges all of her BS and doesn't really help her issues with his unconditional support, while she exposes his weaknesses with her behaviour...

That's, not what the thread is discussing.

What gives you the idea that SA5 ends with the contest of champions? I completely disagree. That's what the characters in the book are thinking, but we know Todium has a plan. Contest would most likely be the end of part 1 or 2 of the book, later the book will be dealing with consequences of the duel. I suspect Adolin&co. will return to the very messy world, or will be able to return just before a duel somehow (on Honorspren's ships maybe) if Shallan didn't choose to go after BAM immediately, as she is most likely hidden somewhere in the CR.

10 hours ago, theSurgeOfPhysics said:

Thoughts?

Laating integrity is near Tukar in the physical realm. I heard suggestions that Dalinar will open a perperdicularity and bring them back to the PR. Another interesting idea is that Ishar moved to the CR and might meet them there.

Edited by offer
typo

1 hour ago, alder24 said:

Todium has a plan. Contest would most likely be the end of part 1 or 2 of the book, later the book will be dealing with consequences of the duel.

Perhaps. But if the duel ends with some 600 pages left in the book, I'd feel like that outcome would have to be resolved in Book 5. Otherwise, the plot would bleed into Book 6. 

2 minutes ago, theSurgeOfPhysics said:

Perhaps. But if the duel ends with some 600 pages left in the book, I'd feel like that outcome would have to be resolved in Book 5. Otherwise, the plot would bleed into Book 6. 

The outcome might get resolved by the end of the book, or they manage to postpone it to 10 years - this would be a good thing. Whatever it will be, it will change the dynamics of Roshar and create new rules of conflict. It would be a good change for us readers, as the second half of SA would be very different from the first half.

1 hour ago, offer said:

Laating integrity is near Tukar in the physical realm. I heard suggestions that Dalinar will open a perperdicularity and bring them back to the PR. Another interesting idea is that Ishar moved to the CR and might meet them there.

Or Jasnah (or somebody) finally figures out proper Elsecalling and we see what it's limits are from a Radiant, compared to Oathgates.