Hoid reminds me of, insert fantasy character here

OdiusOdium

5 hours ago, Ati16 said:

You have posted this topic four times. Is there some kind of technical issue?

I have had similar stuff happening to me. Probably just an accident. 

As for the topic at hand, not really. I see what you are talking about, but they are really different in manners, appearance and personality as well as backstory. 

Hoid reminds me of, Samuel Haight (OWoD - originally WtA but cross-genre). Unfortunately, if you know the character the comparison shouldn't need explanation; but if you don't know the character then explanations probably wouldn't help. Suffice to say, personality and backstory are not their commonality - but the way Hoid "collects" Cosmere magics is very reminiscent of Sam.

Hoid kinda reminds me of the Happy Mask Salesman from Majora's Mask. The HMS is definitely meant to be more creepy and sinister than Hoid, but they also kinda feel similar to me. They both seem to know more than they should, and they both have odd powers that don't really fit in with the world around them. They're also both able to somehow traverse worlds/dimensions. When it comes to personality they are fairly different though, the HMS is far more . . . overly friendly, but they do play a similar role in the story and have a similar vibe. Idk maybe its just me.

If you haven't heard of/played Majora's Mask the HMS is basically this random dude that talks to the main protagonist of the story at the beginning of the game. He drops some exposition and provides you with the main quest, but doesn't do much else. He also seems to have ulterior motives and he knows a lot of stuff that he realistically shouldn't. 

Edited by Justice_Magician

4 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

Hoid kinda reminds me of the Happy Mask Salesman from Majora's Mask. The HMS is definitely meant to be more creepy and sinister than Hoid, but they also kinda feel similar to me. They both seem to know more than they should, and they both have odd powers that don't really fit in with the world around them. They're also both able to somehow traverse worlds/dimensions. When it comes to personality they are fairly different though, the HMS is far more . . . overly friendly, but they do play a similar role in the story and have a similar vibe. Idk maybe its just me.

If you haven't heard of/played Majora's Mask the HMS is basically this dude that talks to the main protagonist of the story at the beginning of the game. He drops some exposition and provides you with the main quest, but doesn't do much else. He also seems to have ulterior motives and he knows a lot of stuff that he realistically shouldn't. 

Oh my gosh, I have never thought of this comparison before but it works perfectly!