The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

Prathen, as he had been many times before, was well and truly cornered. A hard wall behind his back and enemies in closing in before him- well, in this case, they were also behind, as he was ducked behind a corner, hiding from the guards of a recently-stolen-from facility. His leg was bleeding right through a makeshift bandage from a lucky strike of their blades and he was drenched in sweat. His only comfort was the familiar grip of his revolver clutched in his hand- Unfortunately, only two chambers were filled and those bullets constituted his whole supply of ammunition at the moment.
Prathen had an escape plan ready, of course, when he started this escapade. Four, actually. First, out the main entrance (Unviable now his disguise was nullified), second, a vent in the main generator room (which apparently could seal itself when the alarm went off), and third out the secret, unguarded back door... which was on the other side of the building, with about 150 guards blocking the way there.

The fourth option had it's own special flavor of issues, which is why it was the last.

Prathen pulled a small glass sphere out of a pouch on his belt and started to whisper to it. "Joey? Joey, c'mon!" Joey!" 
Moments later the sphere went opaque and a face appeared, clean-shaven and smooth. "Prath? Is everything alright?" it replied.
"No, Joey, I'm a bit trapped right now. Really need you to cast that returnal spell, and quickly."
"Wha- Prath, I told you, I can't! You know that- what happened to the other escape options?!"
"They are not currently avaliable for a multitude of reasons- and, I know we're out of the Uiu bark, but could you just... go without?" Prathen peeks around the corner for a moment. No one- still safe, for a couple moments at least.
"No, you cannot just 'go without' a vital component of the spell, Prath! I-" he pauses for a moment. "I guess you could... no, no. Without the bark it'll just be a random teleportation! You could end up anywhere in the whole Macrocosmos!"
"Well, it's either that or I get captured- probably worse. And to be honest that doesn't sound that bad in comparison."
"ANYWHERE, Prath! Think of every terrible, nasty place you've ever been, or ever could imagine- you could just show up there!"
"Look, I haven't ever been killed by somewhere I've been, and certainly nowhere I've imagined. I can handle myself wherever."
"Prath... I won't be able to contact you either. The sphere requires me to know where you are."
"Look, Joey I'll be back in a month, at max, and if I take longer than a week, assume I ended up somewhere real nice and I'm taking a vacation. Alright?"
Silence from Joey.
"Fine, fine, fine. I can try and reduce the risks, anyways. And if you take longer than a month, you are going to regret it, understand?"
"Of course."
"So, here what's you need to do..."
Two minutes later, and Prathen had successfully escaped once again... though, the next problem to solve was figuring out exactly where to.

Complete chaos, apparently. Prathen spun around, nearly stumbling due to his injury- some sort of pocket dimension it seemed, with two streets, dominated by a single large building... the "Mishmash Inn." Well, the 'Mishmash' seemed to be accurate enough, with an insane diversity in the small crowd within the hotel.
Well, hopefully they had medicine. And bullets.
Prathen limped into the inn and listened around him- he couldn't pick out any sort of authority figure by sight, but people's conversations would be telling enough. Once he found the most likely candidate, he walked up slowly and asked 
"Morning. Do you have any bandages? I need some fresh ones." To prove his point, he pointed at the trail of blood splatters on the floor that he left as he had walked into the Inn.

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by Goob

2 minutes ago, Goob said:

Prathen, as he had been many times before, was well and truly cornered. A hard wall behind his back and enemies in closing in before him- well, in this case, they were also behind, as he was ducked behind a corner, hiding from the guards of a recently-stolen-from facility. His leg was bleeding right through a makeshift bandage from a lucky strike of their blades and he was drenched in sweat. His only comfort was the familiar grip of his revolver clutched in his hand- Unfortunately, only two chambers were filled and those bullets constituted his whole supply of ammunition at the moment.
Prathen had an escape plan ready, of course, when he started this escapade. Four, actually. First, out the main entrance (Unviable now his disguise was nullified), second, a vent in the main generator room (which apparently could seal itself when the alarm went off), and third out the secret, unguarded back door... which was on the other side of the building, with about 150 guards blocking the way there.

The fourth option had it's own special flavor of issues, which is why it was the last.

Prathen pulled a small glass sphere out of a pouch on his belt and started to whisper to it. "Joey? Joey, c'mon!" Joey!" 
Moments later the sphere went opaque and a face appeared, clean-shaven and smooth. "Prath? Is everything alright?" it replied.
"No, Joey, I'm a bit trapped right now. Really need you to cast that returnal spell, and quickly."
"Wha- Prath, I told you, I can't! You know that- what happened to the other escape options?!"
"They are not currently avaliable for a multitude of reasons- and, I know we're out of the Uiu bark, but could you just... go without?" Prathen peeks around the corner for a moment. No one- still safe, for a couple moments at least.
"No, you cannot just 'go without' a vital component of the spell, Prath! I-" he pauses for a moment. "I guess you could... no, no. Without the bark it'll just be a random teleportation! You could end up anywhere in the whole Macrocosmos!"
"Well, it's either that or I get captured- probably worse. And to be honest that doesn't sound that bad in comparison."
"ANYWHERE, Prath! Think of every terrible, nasty place you've ever been, or ever could imagine- you could just show up there!"
"Look, I haven't ever been killed by somewhere I've been, and certainly nowhere I've imagined. I can handle myself wherever."
"Prath... I won't be able to contact you either. The sphere requires me to know where you are."
"Look, Joey I'll be back in a month, at max, and if I take longer than a week, assume I ended up somewhere real nice and I'm taking a vacation. Alright?"
Silence from Joey.
"Fine, fine, fine. I can try and reduce the risks, anyways. And if you take longer than a month, you are going to regret it, understand?"
"Of course."
Two minutes later, and Prathen had successfully escaped once again... though, the next problem to solve was figuring out exactly where to.

Complete chaos, apparently. Prathen spun around, nearly stumbling due to his injury- some sort of pocket dimension it seemed, with two streets, dominated by a single large building... the "Mishmash Inn." Well, the 'Mishmash' seemed to be accurate enough, with an insane diversity in the small crowd within the hotel.
Prathen limped into the inn and listened around him- he couldn't pick out any sort of authority figure by sight, but people's conversations would be telling enough. Once he found the most likely candidate, he walked up slowly and asked 
"Morning. Do you have any bandages? I need some fresh ones." To prove his point, he pointed at the trail of blood splatters on the floor that he left as he had walked into the Inn.

@Channelknight Fadran

A small child immediately rushed out of a room, handed him bandages, and then reentered.

10 minutes ago, Goob said:

Silence from Joey.
"Of course."

@Channelknight Fadran

Fadran squeaked a little at the health code violation, but quickly snatched a massive tub of medical supplies and started attending the newcomer. "Jeez, where did you come from? A battlefield? Pungee pit?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran squeaked a little at the health code violation, but quickly snatched a massive tub of medical supplies and started attending the newcomer. "Jeez, where did you come from? A battlefield? Pungee pit?"

"Just got stabbed. The job gets a little rough sometimes. Anyways, thanks for the help- if I may ask, where is this, and-" he pauses, looking around for a moment as if just noticing the beautiful, pristine nature of the Inn- minus all the strange people, of course- and admiring it for a moment. "Wow. How much does it cost to stay here?"
He'd been joking when he'd said he might take a vacation to Joey, of course, but damn.

I leave for school and like 5 new pages?!? Wow.

EmLee came down to the lobby, having changed into some not-giant-pouffy-ball-gown clothes, and sat down to read the book she was holding. With all the commotion going on, it proved rather difficult to focus on her book, so she decided to listen in on the conversations around her, as any sneaky introvert would do.

4 minutes ago, 2EmLee2 said:

EmLee came down to the lobby, having changed into some not-giant-pouffy-ball-gown clothes, and sat down to read the book she was holding. With all the commotion going on, it proved rather difficult to focus on her book, so she decided to listen in on the conversations around her, as any sneaky introvert would do.

A man in a black suit and blue tie entered the inn, looking very distinguished. Both of his hands were made of metal, with joints and connections that moved but did not seem to be operated by any sort of mechanism. He waved at EmLee with a pleasant smile. Then he turned to Fadran.

"Hello. I am looking for a young boy of about six years. Do you know where he is?"

@Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

A man in a black suit and blue tie entered the inn, looking very distinguished. Both of his hands were made of metal, with joints and connections that moved but did not seem to be operated by any sort of mechanism. He waved at EmLee with a pleasant smile. Then he turned to Fadran.

"Hello. I am looking for a young boy of about six years. Do you know where he is?"

@Channelknight Fadran

"We have a few of those here. Which one?"

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Your name is Pyro, you say? You have fire powers?"

“Not as far as I know. Pyro is just my name.”

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"That," he said, "Is not quite me. But it also is. It's...complicated. And something I don't fully understand myself, at the moment...suffice it to say, you might want to keep that version of me separate from this one in your mind."

Pyro thinks about this for a second, then nods. It’s evident that he’s still a bit confused.

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"It's free, as long as you don't blow anything up."

Alright, alarm bells going off. An almost too perfect inn in pocket dimension that is perfectly free? Suspicious. But also... it was a real nice looking inn.
"Hmmmm. Here..." he shuffles in one of his pockets and pulls out four dollars and fifty-nine cents before placing it in Fadran's hand. "I'll take a room. Oh, by the way, got any bullets? 'Fraid I only got two left, and I get anxious when I don't have a full chamber."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Is that true? Because a man claiming to be his brother was able to speak with him easily earlier today."

"What makes you say that?"

1 minute ago, Goob said:

Alright, alarm bells going off. An almost too perfect inn in pocket dimension that is perfectly free? Suspicious. But also... it was a real nice looking inn.
"Hmmmm. Here..." he shuffles in one of his pockets and pulls out four dollars and fifty-nine cents before placing it in Fadran's hand. "I'll take a room. Oh, by the way, got any bullets? 'Fraid I only got two left, and I get anxious when I don't have a full chamber."

Fadran handed him the money back with a key. "No need. Your room will probably have an ammo box."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The boy is safe. If you have something to say, I'll need to hear it first."

"What makes you think he is safe? I am more knowledgeable about his situation than you are. The man claiming to be his brother is an impostor. If you will not allow me to go myself, you ought to check."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I think you underistimate how much I know right now. You claim to be the boy's true ally, but also that I can't know whatever it is you have to tell him? If we're on the same side, then withholding your knowledge is pointless."

The man sighed. "Very well. I am not meant to reveal my identity to anyone else, but seeing as you are being so ferociously stubborn... I am an agent of the interdimensional agency known as the First Guardians. I am assigned to the boy as he is an individual of special interest and importance." 

Please PM me about this organization. Not mad or anything; I just need to maintain the sanctity of the Macrosmos and make sure you haven't done anything crazy with it.

"Alright. Sounds..." Fadran shrugged. Somewhat normal, at this point. "But he doesn't seem to be afraid of his brother at all. Why do you think he's an impostor?"