Anniversary Game 9/Anonymous Game 13: Rebuilding Tyrian Falls

Elandera

Night Seven: Bones Aplenty, Bones Galore

Sidor had missed the excitement last night. With the struggle against the Spiked going well, she went back to studying her plans to expand Tyrian Falls’s trade network. No village could truly be a haven in isolation, [not that Tyrian is a safe haven these days] nor could she rest while the remnants of the Final Empire still held the world in their sway. 

She had just finalized plans to launch a caravan north across the lake to trade for food when Linaan stumbled in through the study door covered in blood from hundreds of cuts. Scraps of metal were still embedded deep in her flesh. 

“What happened to you?” Sidor asked.

“Shrapnel explosion. Scop was a Spiked, tried to take out the whole village with him.”

“So you decided to take the blow yourself. Someday, you’re going to be hurt in a way you can’t survive. Kandra aren’t invincible.”  

“I know that,” Linaan said sharply, trying to swish her tail before stopping half-way through. “Ruin told me much the same thing, right before mentioning that there are still remaining Spiked.” She adjusted her posture and winced again. “Some of this metal cut into my bones. I’ll have to see which ones can be fixed and which ones might be unusable.”

Sidor watched as she melted into sludge, expelling the metal fragments by abandoning her previous body’s bones to slime her way through the trapdoor to her bone repository below. She knew that Linaan liked to take care of her own bones, [more than she takes care of her own self]
but now that the whole village knew she was a Kandra, there was no reason she shouldn’t receive help. [Especially since she broke those bones saving villagers.] She collected the visibly damaged bones in her cart and headed towards the village square to find someone who could repair them. 

~~~

Halfway to the village square, she was intercepted by an agent, who reported no new findings. “We haven’t been able to track down any new leads regarding metal shortages, or Spiked production of metals. We’ve searched Scop’s parents’ house and found nothing that points us at any suspects.”

“Acknowledged,” Sidor replied. “What have the villagers been doing? Have they come to any conclusions?”

The agent hesitated. “They had two suspects, Lentha and a man who refused to give his name. They were set to execute them both, but the man was completely unresponsive to questioning and nobody can find Lentha. There’s just a pile of bones left abandoned in the middle of the village.”

Sidor winced. “Just like the bones of my Lin. That Kandra could be anywhere by now and we’ll never find them unless they decide to reveal themselves. In the meantime, we must pursue other leads.”

Magenta Albatross has been executed! They were a Vanilla Villager!

Vote Count:

Ivory Dragonfly (4): Pearl Chameleon, Magenta Albatross, Indigo Weasel, Azure Mouse
Magenta Albatross (4): Sapphire Elephant, Coral Swan, Emerald Falcon, Sunburst Toucan

Night Seven has begun! This turn will end Tuesday, January 17 at6:00 PM PST / Wednesday January 17 at 2 a.m. GMT / 1 p.m. AEDT

PMs are CLOSED

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Amethyst Scorpion - Scop Spiked Lurcher

2. @Azure Mouse

3. @Charcoal Hyena - Aylia Village Tineye

4. @Chartreuse Penguin - Donn Keihote (Insane)

5. @Coral Swan - Onidsen (Scholar, Caroler; has animal companion)

6. @Cream Tuatara - Willam (Terris Steward) Vanilla Villager

7. @Emerald Falcon - Luciel (sheriff)

8. @Fuchsia Ostrich - Koros (Secret Agent)

9. @Indigo Weasel

10. @Ivory Dragonfly - (Manic Ghostblood)

11. @Magenta Albatross -VarLeel Vanilla Villager

12. @Mauve Crocodile - (Obli-gator) Spiked Tineye

13. @Melon Dingo - Reverse (Glassblower, not psychologist) Village Smoker

14. @Mint Heron- Reneau (Former Obligator in denial) Village Smoker

15. @Onyx Flamingo - Agolac (Forgetful) Spiked Lurcher

16. @Opal Lion - Guy (Internet Speak) Spiked Thug

17. @Sunburst Toucan - Avil Ejir

18. @Pearl Chameleon - WitLees (Kandra barkeep)

19. @Plum Rhinoceros Village Tineye

20. @Saffron Iguana - Taltin Keriell (Undercover nobleman spy) Village Rioter

21. @Sage Kangaroo - (High Imperial) Village Lurcher

22. @Salmon Meerkat - Aurelien (Awake) Village Mistborn

23. @Sapphire Elephant - Ciril Yuanivori (Sleeptalking oversleeper)

Now I'm regretting my decision to switch. Ack. Got too clever. Sorry Striker, you will be avenged :salute:

I am also starting to wonder a bit about Toucan and Ostrich but eh. I would recommend the Coinshot hit Dragonfly because there's clearly not much appetite to actually use an Exe on him. If I die, I will note that I am starting to wonder a bit about Toucan. Still think DF is most likely though. 

Why did people switch to Albatross? I was gone the later half of the day finishing a campaign of imperial assualt. Managed to win all the missions too, even though Darth Vader nearly killed me, actually only half killed me. But being wounded is similar to being nearly dead. :eyes:

I will second the nomination to shoot Dragonfly, because I still think it's inactive teammate instead of protecting another teammate, because we know the mistborn didn't roll coinshot, because there would have been another kill. Which I think would be the only time a mistborn would merit protection over a lurcher. Even then protection of the lurcher should have been a priority for the elim team I think. Since it was the case with Swan, why not Scorpion? Because putting in a kill instead of delaying their own death was what they decided would be a better shot for them to take. Because no elim kill but a protect on Scorpion would have meant Scorpion died the next day. Since it would have been coinshot over Spiked. Thus most likely leading to their lynch and PMs would have still been up. Instead they sent a kill, died but sent PMs crashing down. 

I will also add that I as well recieved a clue from Hyena.

Edit:

Don't have time for heavy analysis, so I just grabbed the reads posted by Dragonfly

D2

Lean Village - Tuatara, Hyena, Falcon, Flamingo, Toucan

Null+ - Albatross, Crocodile

Null - Meerkat, Chameleon, Mouse, Elephant, everyone else

Lean Elim - Weasel, Heron

In everyone else that would include Lion, Scorpion, Kangaroo, and Rhino.

All the elims that have flipped have been in Null or higher.

D4

Lean Village - Falcon, Toucan, Ostrich

Null+ - Albatross, Mouse, Elephant

Null - Penguin, Lion

Confused - Hyena, Weasel, Swan

Null- - Flamingo, Chameleon, Scorpion

Lean Elim Crocodile

Elim - Rhino

Now all elims are in Null or lower.

This was the cycle that Croc was revealed by Mouse through the PM chain. They jump on the Croc bandwagon but this is after Croc has his second to last post (I think).

N4

Village - Mouse

Lean Village - Falcon, Toucan, Ostrich

Null+ - Albatross, Elephant

Null - Penguin, Lion

Confused - Hyena, Weasel, Swan

Null- - Flamingo, Chameleon, Scorpion

Lean Elim - Rhino

Elim - (None; frustrating)

Didn't go Rhino, went after Flamingo(?) I don't remember but I do remember that there wasn't really a Rhino train.

Nevermind ignore that! I forgot that that was during the night turn.

They did go after Flamingo the next day, though this was after when Rhino started ramping up in the thread.

All elims are in Null or lower.

Dragonfly flips from all their teammates from being good to being evil. Was that reflecting other people at the time? I haven't have much time to reread lately and I don't quite remember what everyone else was thinking. I remember mostly of what I was thinking, but not anyone else too much.

Edited by Pearl Chameleon

Do note that while Dragonfly is likely dying tonight, Ostrich is also an inactive; if they do not materialise by rollover (and their profile can be checked at rollover) and a Spiked kill occurs, they will not have been able to submit it. 

Otherwise, if the game isn't over after tonight, there will be three kills. If there are two kills (one CS/one Spiked), our Mistborn is lying and should be suspected or killed. Ele and Toucan can spill the beans on that one. Otherwise, the Mistborn is definitely clear, and you should look into Ele and Toucan themselves, and possibly Weasel/Cham/Falcon/Penguin. If the game isn't over and there are just two Coinshot kills, it's looking like an E!Ostrich world. 

Good luck have fun don't die till the rising of the sun

lasst uns den Namen des Herrschers verehren!

Edited by Coral Swan

Day Eight: Triply Axed

Oleinda winced as Afandor pulled the bandages away from her palms. He was checking for infection or any splinters he may have missed that morning. 

"Sorry," he said once again. He'd apologized more than enough times since he'd found her walking back home with bloodied hands. She hadn't cared that he'd shoved her or even that he'd left her. After all, their goal was to stop the deaths and that's what he'd been trying to do. Oleinda knew she'd only slow him in a chase.

That didn't seem to ease his conscience. It was time for a different tactic.

"Do you have a plan for tonight?"

“Well, the bookshop is a bust. Even my connections with the official investigations seem at a loss tonight. There can’t be many Spiked left.”

“People are getting jumpier and less decisive,” Oleinda said, recalling the near execution of two people that day. “There’s bound to be more people taking things into their own hands tonight.”

“Isn’t that what we’re doing?” Afandor asked, amusement lacing his words. 

The irony was not lost on her, but she believed the two actions were different. “We’re not hunting people down. We’re investigating. Being thorough. Once we have undeniable evidence, then what we do might be classified as vigilantism.”

“There’s a splinter working its way out here. I’m going to pull it,” Afandor warned.

Oleinda gritted her teeth against the stinging pain as he removed the shard of wood. Once the pain was passed, she asked, “What if we focus on potential victims? The bookstore target was our closest shot yet.”

Afandor hummed softly as he pondered and continued to treat her hands.

She thought as well. Who might the spiked be after? The vocal ones? The dangerous ones? Or would they go after the subtle ones.

Oleinda knew from experience that it was often the unassuming who posed the biggest threat. Mostly because the others were easy to plan for and counter. You couldn’t plan for what you didn’t understand. Not fully. It would be easier, then, to remove them entirely.

“What about that old man?” Oleinda asked. She’d heard him a few times in the town square. It had been an unfamiliar voice, worn with age. “Weasley, I believe?”

“Weasley, Weasely. Something like that.” He paused for a moment longer, beginning to wrap her bandages again. “Could be. Worth trying, at least. You’re staying here, though.”

“What about the copper clo—”

“While I appreciate the help,” Afandor said, squeezing her shoulder gently, “I would rather you be safe. Last night was... Well, it scared me. Please. Just tonight.”

“Just tonight,” she agreed.

~~~

The mists were thick, obscuring the nearby roofs. Afandor hopped from one to the other, using the blue lines sprouting from his chest as his guide. The old man was staying near the edge of town. As soon as Oleinda had called him to Tyrian Falls, he’d kept an eye on the man. Anyone new was suspicious. Anyone was suspicious, really.

Afandor had agreed to follow the old Weasel in part because he was still a suspect. But Oleinda was right. If he wasn’t spiked, he’d be a likely target. Two birds with one coin.

A new line appeared, moving quickly on the street below, nearly matching pace with Afandor’s own jumps. He was glad he’d left his coin pouch at Oleinda’s. He’d left all metal behind, leaving himself somewhat vulnerable, but also untraceable with allomancy. Unless there was a Seeker, of course. Or a Tineye. Fine, untraceable to Coinshots and Lurchers. But it was better than nothing, and there was plenty of metal around from the rebuilding efforts that he wasn’t without a weapon.

Using one such item—detritus from broken scaffolding—he dropped down to the street behind whoever carried the metal. Ahead of him was the barest hint of a figure shadowed in the mist, running down the roadway with agility and speed that suggested they had more gifts than would be natural. Clearly not one for iron or steel, though, or they’d be traveling differently.

Spiked.

Afandor Pushed off metal behind him, sending himself in an arc towards the figure.

There was a flash. A reflection of a torch off a large metal axe. That’s when Afandor spotted the old man. Wesley? He sat slumped in front of a door, staring out at the mists. He didn’t even see the axe before it hit him.

Afandor tried to Push it away, but he was at the wrong angle. The blade dropped only a few inches, hitting the man in the chest instead of the neck.

With a grunt, the Spiked pulled the axe away and turned, slamming it towards Afandor.

He Pushed backwards off a wall. His body lurched in the air, uncomfortable with the sudden change in direction. When he hit the ground, he rolled into a squat, picking up scattered nails. With another Push behind him, Afandor threw the nails out and Pushed them toward the Spiked. They hit, one after another. He grunted as he continued to push, driving them further into the figure’s body. He pushed to the point of pain, as if he were crushing his own chest.

The Spiked did not yield.

Afandor released his Pushes and darted forward. The Spiked watched for only a moment before it dropped the axe and ran into the mists. Afandor knew he could pursue, but he needed to check on Wesely.

“Not very welcoming, is it?” the man said through the shudders and gasps. Blood leaked from his mouth. “This town of death. Should have known it would be my end.”

“You lived well, friend.” They were placating words. Afandor didn’t know this Wiesal, but it would be better to believe a friend was near.

“Did I? Do me a favor? Kill them for me.” With one last shudder, the old Weasil slumped against the door.

~~~

Linaan’s new eyes blinked as they adjusted to the darkness of her underground lair, lit only by the candles from the study above. Even with a Blessing of Awareness, her senses in her slime form were limited, fit to find bones but not to tell them apart. Now, she found that she had assumed the form of Aylia, the most recent skeleton to adorn her closets. 

Something was off about these bones. They felt too clean and polished, yet too decayed for someone who had only died last night. As Linaan adjusted to the body and shrugged off the memories of pain she’d been unable to shut off lest she further injure an already damaged skeleton, she remembered,another Kandra had taken these bones, then abandoned them after being attacked by a Spiked.

Linaan considered. If a Kandra with Aylia’s body hadn’t been able to fight off the Spiked, she’d need to improve it somehow. She wouldn’t go back to cat form immediately, but perhaps something similar. Something built for combat, that could outrun a Coinshot and tear through a Lurcher’s protection or a Thug’s resilience. 

Thirty minutes later, Linaan had her form mostly complete. She was a quadrupedal digitigrade with feline grace but the bulk of a canine, permanent claws designed for running, not fighting. Her teeth packed inside a jaw designed for crushing through bone would do that job for her. She had no fur, but there wasn’t time for that. With a single bound, she leapt up to the study.

The bones she had left there were missing, replaced by an etched steel tablet. “Taking your body for repair. Spiked target unclear. Sources suggest the man who narrowly avoided execution today, codenamed Dragonfly, is the most likely Coinshot target.”

Linaan snarled just as Ruin’s voice entered her head. “She took your bones away without telling you and now what’s this? Is she ordering you around like a dog? Run here, do that, why do you still listen to her? Kill her and be done with it!” 

“You should try listening,” Linaan couldn’t resist replying. “Four dead Spiked might have lived if you could accept ideas that come from others as valuable.”

No response, as always. Ruin would never listen, but she would when Sidor told her something. Linaan shook her entire body and headed out into the night, mist obscuring but not blocking her keen smell, hearing, and night vision.

~~~

Dragonfly didn’t have a recorded home, but was noted to work and spend many of his nights in a bookshop. Linaan ran there now, far faster than her humanoid bodies could travel but not as fast as the figure sailing over perpendicularly over her head, clips dropping on the ground to mark their presence. A Coinshot. Was Dragonfly not the target, or had he been sighted elsewhere? Either way, she had to divert her path.

The Coinshot landed shortly thereafter in a nearby clearing, unlike their usual behavior. Perhaps so many nights of failing to kill their target followed by a Spiked eluding capture just to kill himself had made the Coinshot reconsider. 

As Linaan arrived in the clearing shortly thereafter, she saw not Dragonfly but Mouse, kneeling on the ground with her shelves of stones. She was polishing the stones on the smallest shelf and didn’t look up to acknowledge the Coinshot’s presence. 

“Mourning your lost friends, Spiked?” the Coinshot asked, voice distorted by a steel mask. “You’ll join them soon enough.” A barrage of coins leapt out at Mouse, far too many to dodge. She didn’t even try, the ground beneath her splattering with blood as the coins ripped open her body. The two smaller shelves were splintered, stones clattering on the ground and intermingling. Only the largest shelf remained intact, shielded by Mouse in her final actions.

“Lament your failure, Spiked. Acknowledge that you have been utterly defeated.”

Instead, Mouse looked up, eyes fixed not on the Coinshot or even on Linaan, but to the mists and whatever lay beyond them.  

“To one that has played well, to the self, lost at last to speculation founded, though incorrect. Shelves of stones, knocked off, moved to the faraway place. None to polish, to keep the collection alive. A request from this one: for someone to take over, to keep safe the remaining good stones, to protect what is sacred.”

And the universe said you have played the game well.

A single stone toppled from the unbroken shelf as Mouse breathed her last. Neither Linaan nor the Coinshot needed to check to know there was no Spike.

~~~

Blood soaked Afandor’s hands as he resumed his patrol over the rooftops. He’d tried to wipe them off, but he could only do so much when the ash on his clothes mixed in to make a thick, sickly mud. He knew he should return, get cleaned up, and let Oleinda know what happened. But he couldn’t. Not after yet another failure.

So he patrolled. After all, they needed to stop the vigilantism if they had any chance of keeping Tyrian Falls alive. It may not be Afandor’s home, but it was a beacon of hope in the chaos of the world. It was a symbol that people could survive the worst. It’s why the Spiked tried so hard to undermine the people here.

And that’s why Afandor would fight for it.

Well, that and for Oleinda.

It was just as he neared the broken bookshop that he spotted another figure carrying metal. The movements were just erratic enough that he got the impression the person was trying to hide. Or they were snooping.

He dropped down once again, watching carefully as the figure became clearer through the mists. It was Dragonfly, and they were definitely snooping. They darted from shadow to shadow until reaching the broken doorway.

“You won’t find anything in there,” he said as he stepped up behind Dragonfly.

They jumped, then turned around giggling. “What? DOn’t mind me. I was just out for a stroll.”

“In middle of the night. When there are murderers going around.” Afandor eyed Dragonfly, wondering if they could have been the Spiked figure he’d shot earlier. He saw no traces of blood, though.

“Yup,” they said with another laugh. “It’s fine, though. I’m fine.”

There was something... off about this Dragonfly. Afandor searched the lines around him for something he might use if things went poorly.

That’s when he noticed a thick line reaching to the rooftop above him. It shuddered. A thin line broke from the larger one just as something whistled past his head.

Dragonfly dropped to the ground mid-laugh.

Afandor pushed on the thick lines, sure it was a coin pouch. It jostled, but resisted. Somewhere from the roof, he heard a grunt, then someone call, “Check for a spike. I’m sure they’re one of them.” Then there was a clink of metal against wood and the thick line disappeared.

He was so tired. He didn’t want to chase yet another person. Besides, he had his own suspicions.

There was no spike found in Dragonfly. The only strange thing was a strange tattoo, like three interlocking diamonds.

Azure Mouse was killed by a Coinshot! They were a Vanilla Villager!
Ivory Dragonfly was killed by a Coinshot! They were a Village Smoker!
Indigo Weasel was killed by the Spiked! They were a Vanilla Villager!

Day Eight has begun! This turn will end Thursday, January 19 at 6:00 PM PST / Friday January 20 at 2 a.m. GMT / 1 p.m. AEDT

PMs are CLOSED

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Amethyst Scorpion - Scop Spiked Lurcher

2. @Azure Mouse Vanilla Villager

3. @Charcoal Hyena - Aylia Village Tineye

4. @Chartreuse Penguin - Donn Keihote (Insane)

5. @Coral Swan - Onidsen (Scholar, Caroler; has animal companion)

6. @Cream Tuatara - Willam (Terris Steward) Vanilla Villager

7. @Emerald Falcon - Luciel (sheriff)

8. @Fuchsia Ostrich - Koros (Secret Agent)

9. @Indigo Weasel Vanilla Villager

10. @Ivory Dragonfly - (Manic Ghostblood) Village Smoker

11. @Magenta Albatross -VarLeel Vanilla Villager

12. @Mauve Crocodile - (Obli-gator) Spiked Tineye

13. @Melon Dingo - Reverse (Glassblower, not psychologist) Village Smoker

14. @Mint Heron- Reneau (Former Obligator in denial) Village Smoker

15. @Onyx Flamingo - Agolac (Forgetful) Spiked Lurcher

16. @Opal Lion - Guy (Internet Speak) Spiked Thug

17. @Sunburst Toucan - Avil Ejir

18. @Pearl Chameleon - WitLees (Kandra barkeep)

19. @Plum Rhinoceros Village Tineye

20. @Saffron Iguana - Taltin Keriell (Undercover nobleman spy) Village Rioter

21. @Sage Kangaroo - (High Imperial) Village Lurcher

22. @Salmon Meerkat - Aurelien (Awake) Village Mistborn

23. @Sapphire Elephant - Ciril Yuanivori (Sleeptalking oversleeper)

*inhales*

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*takes another deep breath* 

Okay. I hate this. but we need some honesty so here we go.

I am not a Thug. Which, I think every player currently alive knows, lol. I am a Coinshot. A storming idiot of a Coinshot. And Sapphire Elephant has played a wonderful deepwolf game. 

To be clear: not only Ostrich, but also Toucan, were not on last night. Unless kill orders may be accepted in absentia ( @Devotary of Spontaneity??) they are not Spiked. Penguin, the Mistborn, submitted a kill on Mouse. Falcon was hung out to dry by the Spiked C2. Chameleon was hung out to dry by the Spiked C3. Barring an insane world, HaElephant has done a very nice bit of trust group infiltration. Why he did not kill me earlier, I really have zero clue. But I appreciate it. :P Congratulations on a well-played game. I hope this will finally end it. 

Dragonfly, Mouse: I am sorry y'all. Sincerely. I despise myself more than anything for not clearing my Ele blindspot >>

edit: the Toucan proof. Rollover is at 9 PM for my timezone. Cham has independently testified to Ostrich.

image.png

Edited by Coral Swan

Guess that soft clears Ostrich? Since they still haven't been on since Sunday and so couldn't have put in the kill. 

The only hard clears that I accept are scans. And those I still question. 

Going to reread at least twice before throwing down a vote. I wonder if the elims are more likely in the pool of the three people who didn't vote the last day. As now we know that both of the trains were villagers. New vote count analysis would be good as well.

1 minute ago, Coral Swan said:

I am not a Thug. Which, I think every player currently alive knows, lol. I am a Coinshot. A storming idiot of a Coinshot. And Sapphire Elephant has played a wonderful deepwolf game. 

That could explain quite a bit. He's been a lot more lax with the vote count analysis than he was before. Still going to reread at least once before I vote.

23 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Going to reread at least twice before throwing down a vote. I wonder if the elims are more likely in the pool of the three people who didn't vote the last day. As now we know that both of the trains were villagers. New vote count analysis would be good as well.

Bro the pool of three people that did not vote yesterday is dead or mechanically incapable of submitting a Spiked kill :P 

24 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

That could explain quite a bit. He's been a lot more lax with the vote count analysis than he was before. Still going to reread at least once before I vote.

Not even that he's been lax with it. He's just done it while providing few thoughts of his own. It's a classic M'Hael tell. He did it in the MR as well. I am kicking myself for not picking up on it more than I did.

I suppose it should be noted that Falcon could also be evil, if he's a Soother, but I maintain this makes far less sense than e!Ele simply because of the apathy surrounnding D2. Similar to Chameleon, though, I want to reread, if not the whole game, at least the posts of him, Falcon, and Ele, who are pretty much my last three suspects.

@Chartreuse Penguin What metal did you roll?

[OOC: Hi. I probably could have gotten on during the night, but I thought it would probably make a more effective case for my innocence if I didn't. Good to see it paid off and didn't get the inactives framed as I was kind of expecting, honestly. Speaking of, why wouldn't the last elim, who is apparently active, just not kill to make the village spend at least one vote on me or Toucan? Given that Scorpion submitted the kill instead of protecting themself apparently as a way to frame an inactive as a teammate, why wouldn't the last elim, Elephant or otherwise, maintain this illusion?

In essence, it's narrowed down to Elephant, Chameleon, Falcon. Even in the worst case, I think we pull ahead. There's 7 players left, and 3 suspects.

32 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Falcon was hung out to dry by the Spiked C2. Chameleon was hung out to dry by the Spiked C3.

For Falcon, I'm not sure this is enough to just write them off. I (accidentally) started the Falcon train with 90 minutes to rollover. If Falcon is evil, the only elim who spoke after that time was Scorpion, who already was voting Heron. There's not much more they can do about that. Also, I am a Soother, but the only vote I ever Soothed was Flamingo's D3 vote because when I was logging off, it was tied between Flamingo and Chameleon, so there is some unaccounted vote manip running around right now. Honestly, a point could be made for mass claiming at this point.

I'd be willing to vote off Elephant off now and have Swan shoot Falcon in the night, or the other way around, and if that doesn't work, we can kill Chameleon.]

45 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

edit: the Toucan proof. Rollover is at 9 PM for my timezone. Cham has independently testified to Ostrich.

I have proof! Let me pull it up. Rollover is 8 PM for me.

14 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Bro the pool of three people that did not vote yesterday is dead or mechanically incapable of submitting a Spiked kill :P 

43 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

I couldn't remember who it was yesterday. XD

14 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Not even that he's been lax with it. He's just done it while providing few thoughts of his own. It's a classic M'Hael tell. He did it in the MR as well. I am kicking myself for not picking up on it more than I did.

True he did do it in a recent MR. It has been tickling at me and I've been warry of it but mostly still trusting him.

6 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

I'd be willing to vote off Elephant off now and have Swan shoot Falcon in the night, or the other way around, and if that doesn't work, we can kill Chameleon.]

"I VOLUNTEER MYSELF AS TRIBUTE AND BY THAT I MEAN BE SHOT BY COINS! CAUSE I'M DRUNK ON HORNEATER WHITE!"

"Oh and while being a Kandra does give one form powers, it does not give one allomantic powers."

Edit: There goes the proof sherlock!

SQYIT2zWuu-MqCVQ-8oLahe54HL93X4HiJK7cPvB5H8hxTQnJqEW3WXHlodE8mmXN0Ar7Y2Rb8YCAJlUr7ppNkhh8nE2rgiQTpZRwpNsafnTX78GR7xBPNffTi0x6r1aY_XrJ29s11y6x1EzlVu2evlzPX9O1GzrosuNDQBRidhjTumJp1hATq8PT1Mi5g

Edited by Pearl Chameleon

I can confirm that Penguin is Mistborn who coinshot Mouse, and Swan is a coinshot who hit Dragonfly.

Regarding the vote analysis, it flagged for me that Croc was worthy of suspicion. Now obviously they were scanned before we had to actually deal with that independently. But otherwise being disengaged? Everyone else has been for the last few cycles - we had to work our way through 3 clear cut executions which didn't produce any analysis worth considering.

Do you really think that I, the sort of player that when given the information plots out every potential outcome based on different actions (see the diagram my tenure as Azure Mouse in AG4, wouldn't have taken the shot on the coinshot when knowing as soon as we could? Sure, maybe not do it immediately to not out myself in that situation, but say N6 when the only reason to not attack you again was either thinking there was a lurcher protecting you or that you had been a thug and not worth hitting again, no reason why E!Me doesn't take the shot on you knowing you're the Coinshot and that you were unprotected. 

So let's find this last Spiked.

Remaining players:

1. Penguin - Village Mistborn
  2. Swan - Village Coinshot
  3. Ostrich - Village Inactive
  4. Toucan - Village Inactive
  5. Falcon - ???
  6. Chameleon - ???
  7. Elephant - Claimed Village Vanilla

If there's only one spiked, the game is won. Worst case scenario, you execute me, coinshot one of Falcon/Chameleon, they flip Village, while Swan gets Night killed. The remaining players execute whoever of Falcon/Chameleon wasn't coinshot, and game ends. Although I suppose if one of Falcon/Cham is a village thug, then they don't die. That brings us to 5v1, misexecution would be 4v1, night kill is 3v1, but there's still a 2v1. Still, more likely that we get a village win in that scenario. 

As for today though, I'm going to once again place my vote on Chameleon.

Reviewing the votes from C1-C3

Day 1, no elims were under any particular threat, so they could do whatever really. Hard to draw any information from votes there - I voted Scorpion, Chameleon voted Hyena, Falcon voted Dragonfly

Day 2, Chameleon breaks the 4 way tie between Weasel, Heron, Rhino, and Flamingo by voting on Heron with Scorpion, and eventually Heron becomes the runaway train. Falcon does become the counterwagon, which is pure village, but what stopped it from being a tie was Dragonfly. I voted Scorpion, Falcon didn't vote. 

Day 3, at 3 hours to go, this was the vote tally:

(3) Lion: Meerkat, Crocodile, Rhino
(4) Flamingo: Swan, Scorpion, Mouse, Falcon
(3) Chameleon: Toucan, Elephant, Weasel
(2) Dragonfly: Chameleon, Hyena
(1) Penguin: Flamingo

At 3 hours, Chameleon moves to Lion from Dragonfly. This ties Flamingo and Lion.

Rather than consolidate a Flamingo lead, which would be the most defensive move, they tie Lion up - putting the Spiked Thug up for execution against the Lurcher, who at least survives the execution, unlike Flamingo. This is followed by Croc in the next half hour swapping to Chameleon from Flamingo, making it Spiked Thug vs Spiked Soother(?) - sure it would be better to vote Dragonfly or something, but Croc was chatting heavily with Meerkat so likely had to play a dangerous game to sell the con. Yes, it'd make Cycle 3 being an debate between 3 Spiked, but while Croc and Flamingo tried to start an execution on Swan, Meerkat, Swan, Rhino went in on Spiked, Toucan brought in Chameleon, and no other villagers were biting on any of the Spiked suggested votes on villagers by halfway through the cycle. By that point the votes are fairly set, so it's not unreasonable to imagine the decision to work instead on damage control, and push Lion to be the main target over Flamingo or Chamelon.

I stayed on Chameleon, Falcon stayed on Flamingo. To me, Falcon staying on Flamingo to the end feels villagery, while as I say, Cham pushing Lion to be the execution over Flamingo feels like a Spiked making the most of a bad situation.

So again, so it's clear given all my highlighting, my vote is on Chameleon.

Alright, for me, it's between Ostrich, Toucan, Chameleon and Elephant. Apparently, Ostrich and Toucan could not have submitted the kill, which narrows it down to Cham and Elephant.

5 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

I suppose it should be noted that Falcon could also be evil, if he's a Soother, but I maintain this makes far less sense than e!Ele simply because of the apathy surrounnding D2. Similar to Chameleon, though, I want to reread, if not the whole game, at least the posts of him, Falcon, and Ele, who are pretty much my last three suspects.

I'm a village Thug. Which had me confused for half of the game. I was like "3 Thugs, so many Lurches, huh? For sure, there are loads of Mistborn in the game." 

Anyway, it should be very easy to prove that I am a Thug. Shoot me in the Night. Obviously, Penguin would not be protecting me, and there are no more Lurchers left in the game. After proving that I'm the Thug, we just need to look at the elim team composition, because 2 Lurchers and 2 Thugs is genuinely beyond the realm of possibility for a GM to put in an elim team against this village composition. Also, there's been no other village Thug. 1 Lurcher and 0 Thug is too little a protection for the village.

5 hours ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

For Falcon, I'm not sure this is enough to just write them off. I (accidentally) started the Falcon train with 90 minutes to rollover. If Falcon is evil, the only elim who spoke after that time was Scorpion, who already was voting Heron.

Moving past the mechanical proof and the fact the I was put up for execution in D2, I voted for Flamingo in D3, moving them to the lead, when elims were either preferring a non-exe on Lion or trying to push Cham to the front.

I started to consider the extreme paranoia case of e!Swan and then my dumb head realised they would not be able to use both Coinshot and Spiked kill in the same Night (confirmation @Devotary of Spontaneity?).

Plan A  - 
D8 - Vote out Elephant (if not yet won ->)
N8 - Shoot me (possibility that elim might also double-tap me in which case you also get confirmation of my alignment)
D9 - Vote out Chameleon

Plan B -
D8 - Vote out Elephant (if not won ->)
N8 - Shoot Chameleon (if not won ->)
D9 - Vote me out (you get confirmation of my Thuggery from my survival)
N9 - Shoot ??? (assuming Swan survives N8)

Edit: Just seen the Elephant post, was probably ninja'd while typing - but yeah if it isn't Elephant, it's Chameleon. Quite confident of that. 

Edited by Emerald Falcon

8 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I started to consider the extreme paranoia case of e!Swan and then my dumb head realised they would not be able to use both Coinshot and Spiked kill in the same Night (confirmation @Devotary of Spontaneity?).

It is not possible for a player to submit multiple actions on the same turn.

6 hours ago, Sunburst Toucan said:

[@Coral Swan did Elephant know you would be protected during the turn the Spiked attacked you?

I believe at that point Meerkat had connected me with the two Tineye and the Mistborn, but didn't have any knowledge of Swan as PoI just yet. I knew that the Penguin was likely to scan Croc N3, but I don't believe I heard about the N4 Lurch.

EDIT:

In case it helps, here's the break down of votes across Days 1-3. Obviously the colouring can now be updated to have Dragonfly, Mouse, Weasel, Swan, Penguin, Ostrich, and Toucan in green. 

@Coral Swan I would like a response to why the voting patterns of C3 point to "Chameleon was hung out to dry by the Spiked", when E!Cham makes a fair amount of sense in the context of Spiked actions during that cycle - they work together to push Lion to the front, instead of Lurcher Flamingo, where some of them end on Cham as that was the only other relevant voting target, as established by early village votes. I just don't see how me deepwolfing so effectively as to being really slow to bother trying to move on any village target of note while keeping the second Mistborn and the Coinshot alive is so much more likely than E!Cham.

Edited by Sapphire Elephant

1 hour ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Sapphire Elephant. I think Swan's first post is very persuasive.

Can you elaborate on that? We can all agree there's good reason to restrict the pool to Chameleon, Falcon, and myself, but Swan's post is pretty much "Can't be bothered critically re-examining Falcon or Chameleon, so it must be the absurd situation of Elephant deepwolfing, which I'm not going to bother responding to". Which isn't particularly persuasive...

Though anyway, with Swan having been online 3-4 times since my earlier posts, seems unlikely they're responding again this cycle for some reason, and given the voting/posting patterns of Falcon and Ostrich, I don't see those votes moving. Chameleon hasn't voted, but in a situation where Toucan chooses to vote with me, and Penguin was convinced to change to voting to Chameleon, Chameleon votes on me at that point for survival, so I think that pretty much means I'm dead.

In which case, final words in case I don't get back on before end of cycle.

First off, please reconsider my posts today and factor that in when choosing targets. Spiked Falcon doesn't much sense to me, but Chameleon does. After Swan, they've posted the most out of the surviving players, yet I don't recall them ever doing anything of note. Plus, as I point out, E!Cham works pretty well with C3 votes Spiked votes. In my opinion, they are the better choice to kill over Falcon. So I would vote for Cham to be coinshot, or failing that, the D9 execution. 

The other thing I wanted to say is that honestly at this point, I'm starting to get concerned about Swan. It's pretty wild to jump immediately to a deepwolf claim when there's better options, but it's less wild to jump to that if Swan has been deep wolfing this whole time, and was aiming to get in first to set the tone of the final cycles. I do think it's more likely that they're just weirdly tunnelling at this point, because I don't see it making all that much sense. But it seems just a likely to me as the situation Swan proposes, and because they've been weird this cycle, I'm not longer willing to entirely accept that they're clean with certainty. Though realistically village has likely lost if there are 2 Spiked remaining at this point, unless N8 is particularly favourable to the village, so there's not a lot of sense to actually dwelling on that. 

11 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

First off, please reconsider my posts today and factor that in when choosing targets. Spiked Falcon doesn't much sense to me, but Chameleon does. After Swan, they've posted the most out of the surviving players, yet I don't recall them ever doing anything of note. Plus, as I point out, E!Cham works pretty well with C3 votes Spiked votes. In my opinion, they are the better choice to kill over Falcon. So I would vote for Cham to be coinshot, or failing that, the D9 execution. 

How does the village find three spiked on D3, wouldn't the spiked provide another candidate?

Because with five of them alive, they really should have been able to persuade a few to jump on someone else.

Killing me by Coinshot will work, there's literally no way I can survive.

Going to vote Elephant, can only be me, Falcon or Elephant. Because two coinshots and the elim kill was submitted. That's barring two elims are left.

Falcon looks better than Elephant from my reread. Falcon seems engaged in the game, while Elephant is mostly gathering and putting data in the thread. Which is something he does regardless of allignment. But it has only been for D1,D2,D3. Nothing later.

15 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

The other thing I wanted to say is that honestly at this point, I'm starting to get concerned about Swan. It's pretty wild to jump immediately to a deepwolf claim when there's better options, but it's less wild to jump to that if Swan has been deep wolfing this whole time, and was aiming to get in first to set the tone of the final cycles. I do think it's more likely that they're just weirdly tunnelling at this point, because I don't see it making all that much sense. But it seems just a likely to me as the situation Swan proposes, and because they've been weird this cycle, I'm not longer willing to entirely accept that they're clean with certainty. Though realistically village has likely lost if there are 2 Spiked remaining at this point, unless N8 is particularly favourable to the village, so there's not a lot of sense to actually dwelling on that. 

They shot Scorpion, no way Scorpion didn't self protect as they should have been able to, because they would have just protected Lion. So E!Swan makes very little sense. As why would they shoot another teammate who didn't protect? It just makes absolutely no sense at all to me.