Anniversary Game 9/Anonymous Game 13: Rebuilding Tyrian Falls

Elandera

2 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

This is the chance at a redemption arc, Trust PM Bro :D 

250px-Jenny_Dolfen_-_The_Oath_of_Feanor.

I guess I'll vote Ivory Dragonfly. Since I missed the first day of this turn, should get my vote in now in case I get sucked back into my series. After all I still have 9 volumes left lollll. 

Let's clutch this PM bro. Even if you lied to me. Thankfully I am a forgiving friend. 

2 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

I’m not really opposed to an Exe on him, especially since he seemed to have a bit of TMI in his read of Rhino and I’s clash during N5.

[OOC: Don’t have a whole lot of time. But I would like more elaboration on this point. As far as I remember, I said I trusted Rhino more over you? But I was also flip floppy, if that’s what you’re talking about.

As for my current reads, I trust Mouse, Chameleon, and Penguin. Sort of trust Swan and Elephant. Distrust Dragonfly and Ostrich. And am probably forgetting someone else.]

A kill went through o: I am stunned.

Don't have too much time right now but the lack of protect does seem to indicate a less active teammate. Scorp could have protected their teammate especially if they had a power role. But then the teammate would have had to submit the kill and thus have not used their action. Only a few roles or a mistborn that rolled something that doesn't require a night action. Like thug, Soother, rioter. Obviously not tineye since PMs are down.

So I think it's most likely that an inactive teammate ended up  forcing Scorp to put in the kill. Could be E!Mistborn or other evil role that didn't require a action. But really only a E!Mistborn would merit protection over Scorp. And Scorp could take priority since they were a lurcher. So most likely inactive teammate like Dragonfly makes the most sense to me.

Edit: I do realize that Ostrich could fit this. But I have a stronger Village read of them than Dragonfly.

Edited by Pearl Chameleon

4 hours ago, Magenta Albatross said:

[OOC: Don’t have a whole lot of time. But I would like more elaboration on this point. As far as I remember, I said I trusted Rhino more over you? But I was also flip floppy, if that’s what you’re talking about.

As for my current reads, I trust Mouse, Chameleon, and Penguin. Sort of trust Swan and Elephant. Distrust Dragonfly and Ostrich. And am probably forgetting someone else.]

More that you read the interaction as v/v very quickly. To be fair, we might simply have not been as convincing as we thought we were, but it was something more in line with what we were looking for as a TMI response. The Elims would know this was a misunderstanding, and that was pretty much how you framed the interaction. Again, it’s a bit hypocritical because you were obviously right but it’s just something to note. My suspicion on you is coming more from the other stuff I said. 

And food.

He needed that to get out of this place, go hunt some koloss. You're not Donn Keihote. You were never him. You hush! You're wrong and I know it! Just because you knock out an old man and rob him blind doesn't mean you become him! But it's safer this way! It's so much safer this way!

Don't you remember?

18 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

More that you read the interaction as v/v very quickly. To be fair, we might simply have not been as convincing as we thought we were, but it was something more in line with what we were looking for as a TMI response. The Elims would know this was a misunderstanding, and that was pretty much how you framed the interaction. Again, it’s a bit hypocritical because you were obviously right but it’s just something to note. My suspicion on you is coming more from the other stuff I said. 

[OOC: I mean, I’m not sure how me reading the situation as V/V is out of the ordinary for me. All of my takes this game have been absurd. Mostly because I’ve been real busy and have had a hard time keeping up. Plus I like coming up with absurd theories. Also, for what it’s worth, we don’t know if I was right yet. We have Rhino’s flip (which I keep forgetting about), but not yours. 

As for the other stuff, you’re right that my takes have been very odd. I tend to have odd takes in general. And I can’t really say anything about Albatross 1.0’s comments because those were not even from me.

EDIT: missed @Azure Mouse’s post. Why are you me calling a deer? I’m an Albatross :)]

Edited by Magenta Albatross
Realized I missed a word in my initial edit

Started the re-read to judge and guess the elim team members' statements - 

On 12/29/2022 at 11:16 AM, Emerald Falcon said:

1. Quite a few people claiming to mass-communicate. Koros [Ostrich], Aylia [Hyena] and WitLees [Chameleon] are all sending messages to everyone in the village. Unless the Spiked are gambit-hungry, at least one of them is a villager.

You could weakly argue that most of them are likely villagers to avoid repetition. The approach mimics that of evil AN12 Falcon. Since they were caught early on, I find it unlikely the Spiked embraced the strategy again. 

Crocodile feels very aware of the evil tactic so it comes off as genuine here. Leaning towards reading this as the truth. 

Penguin good with votes on them by 2 elims.

Toucan good with vote on Scorpion. 

Crocodile: @Magenta Albatross pretend you're on the evil team. Would you make PMs with everyone if one of your teammates was already doing it? 

Hmmm, E/V or E/E? Could be either way. Leaning towards nudging a fellow elim to be more active. 

Mouse good because of vote from Crocodile? Eventually shifts to Kangaroo though. Notable vote shift. 

I'll bring to your notice the same Crocodile post mentioned by y'all a while back. It's the one with the apparent slip. 

In addition to the slip regarding Albatross, the one elim indication I have been observing since a while is that elims are casually harsher/meaner/user stronger language to define their teammates than when compared to describing villagers. This is mainly because the elim teammate being described understands that the poster is deliberately using the words and do not mean them, whereas if used upon a villager, they might bring attention to it, call them back on it and basically put the poster in the spotlight. Here, the words "nonsense post" is unnecessarily harsh and fake, and I believe it's because they were talking about their teammate.

Mouse and Toucan engage with Crocodile's reason to read them evil. Interesting to note that none of the flipped elims interacted/rebutted the reasonings given by Crocodile.

Inviting everyone to read this post from Flamingo - 

Elims usually hide one of their teammates in the most suspected tier, here being death list. Swan is apparent scanned village. Heron turned green. That leaves us with Alb. Notice how none of the points refer anything suspicious done by Alb, and their name is just dropped there at the end. Just further down the thread, Meerkat enquiries about Alb. Flamingo gives a reasoning but also semi-backtracks and half-provides a defence for Alb in the same sentence. 

I think that's all I'll be able to cover before rollover [note to self - pg 8]. Current tier of muddled thoughts is [Albatross, Dragonfly] -> [Chameleon, Ostrich] -> [Mouse, Weasel] -> [Toucan, Elephant] -> [Penguin, Swan]

Dragonfly still in the first pool, but their actions (last minute vote) doesn't quite match unless they are teammates with Penguin. I think evidence of evil Magenta Albatross is a lot more than Dragonfly.

Avil felt uncomfortable with the line of defense VarLeel [Magenta Albatross] seemed to be presenting. [OOC: Albatross leaning into the ‘I always have odd takes’ argument, which essentially does not leave room for further engagement with the argument]. Additionally, Avil believed that the previous night’s discussion could have possibly prompted the orphan boy [Scorpion] to protect another accomplice such as VarLeel over himself, if he indeed believed VarLeel to be under the threat of an attack. [OOC: Having gotten the chance to properly read last turn, this does not seem too unlikely, as Albatross was brought under explicit suspicion. Falcon has also presented some substantial points.]

Ivory Dragonfly 

35 minutes ago, Sunburst Toucan said:

OOC: Albatross leaning into the ‘I always have odd takes’ argument, which essentially does not leave room for further engagement with the argument]

[OOC: That’s a great point. I was not trying to shut down discussion about me, was just trying to defend myself. I’m sorry for how harsh that defense sounded.

On another point, does anyone have a VC? Just curious, as it appears I have become a viable exe.]

Ivory Dragonfly (4): Indigo Weasel, Magenta Albatross, Pearl Chameleon, Azure Mouse

Magenta Albatross (4): Sapphire Elephant, Emerald Falcon, Sunburst Toucan, Coral Swan

Hmm. Y’all raise interesting points, and I think I want to bring this Exe closer to see what our three non-voters (@Ivory Dragonfly, @Fuchsia Ostrich and @Chartreuse Penguin) make of the situation. Toucan’s theory that the Elims were banking on Alb being attacked over Scorp is an interesting one—it’s trivially true that Scorp was on at EoD and saw our suspicion against her, but it’s also possible she stuck with Albatross protection given the amount of discussion on him last night as well. And while I’m not as confident reading into Croc’s posts post-mortem, I do think Falcon raises some good points. This is, at any rate, more fruitful discussion than piling on against a near-inactive. That said, I also don’t want to presume on the CS’s goodwill too much—while I expect them to attempt a shoot on whomever we don’t Exe, it’d be good to get this right on the first go. Dragonfly’s lack of engagement this cycle has still not felt great. 

Uh, here’s your vote count, Alb. :P 

[OOC: I think it’s worth bringing this to the thread at this point, in case I die. And considering the messenger ended up dying. 

On N5, I believe, Hyena messaged me about the existence of a mistborn they believed to potentially be spiked. At least, if Hyena ended up dying. Considering Hyena has died, I’ve been trying to figure out who the player might be. The only clues Hyena gave me were that it was an even numbered player (so Mouse, Penguin, Ostrich, Dragonfly, and Chameleon), and that other people had other clues delivered in similar PMs. Swan, I figure you received one of the clues as well? 

In other news, my suspects are all within that pool anyway because it includes Ostrich, Dragonfly, and Mouse, who have all been lower activity. Which I think fits the (hopefully) final elim profile. If I die, I would look at those people first.]

9 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

On N5, I believe, Hyena messaged me about the existence of a mistborn they believed to potentially be spiked. At least, if Hyena ended up dying. Considering Hyena has died, I’ve been trying to figure out who the player might be. The only clues Hyena gave me were that it was an even numbered player (so Mouse, Penguin, Ostrich, Dragonfly, and Chameleon), and that other people had other clues delivered in similar PMs. Swan, I figure you received one of the clues as well? 

A hint was received here as well.

10 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Mouse, who have all been lower activity.

Pot, kettle, hm? Though it would be incorrect to call the activity of this one low.

9 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

A hint was received here as well.

[OOC: That makes me feel better. I was beginning to think that was just a reaction test from Hyena. Glad to know I was not alone in receiving it. Though, I guess that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a reaction test. But it probably wasn’t then.

Also it won’t let me quote the other part of your post. But I am aware that I have been lower activity as well. Though are you saying it would be incorrect to call you or myself lower activity?]

There is a Mistborn. I do not believe said Mistborn is Spiked, and they should be taking a publicly visible action towards that end sometime in the near future, which should clear up any remaining doubts. If things are somehow unclear on D8 and I am dead, you may consult Ele and Toucan.

14 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

There is a Mistborn. I do not believe said Mistborn is Spiked, and they should be taking a publicly visible action towards that end sometime in the near future, which should clear up any remaining doubts. If things are somehow unclear on D8 and I am dead, you may consult Ele and Toucan.

[OOC: So they’re either gonna vote manip this turn or coinshoot someone tonight? If the former, could you let me know so I know whether to expect my imminent death or not?]

1 minute ago, Magenta Albatross said:

[OOC: So they’re either gonna vote manip this turn or coinshoot someone tonight? If the former, could you let me know so I know whether to expect my imminent death or not?]

I mean, your imminent death is more or less in the hands of the three people who are not voting for anyone right now, rather than the Mistborn’s. :P If the Mistborn does have manip, which is possible, I am leaving it to their judgement how they use it. (Same for a Coinshoot.) So I cannot pretend to be able to tell you with apodeictic certainty whether you will live or die. Also, there is a Soother unaccounted for out there. So. You might die that way if DF is a Spiked. I’ll admit, one reason I switched to you is that if DF is Spiked, and decided to Soothe my vote earlier this cycle, he will be condemning himself if he fails to log back in, which I thought was a fun bit of irony :D 

1 minute ago, Magenta Albatross said:

[OOC: You could also just vote on Dragonfly to extra insure their death, if that is something you are wanting? :P]

Nah, I think this is more fun. Not like I don’t have suspicions against you. If Alv was here, he would want it this way. :P 

1 minute ago, Coral Swan said:

Nah, I think this is more fun. Not like I don’t have suspicions against you. If Alv was here, he would want it this way. :P 

[OOC: You’re not wrong. And if anyone has guessed who I am, they would know I’m also not necessarily opposed to this situation. Assuming any vote manippers let it be a true flip of a coin. :P]