Chameleon (1): Swan
Heron (3): Scorpion, Chameleon, Meerkat
Weasel (2): Dragonfly, Albatross
Flamingo (1): Heron
Rhino (2): Mouse, Toucan
Swan (1): Flamingo
Dragonfly (2): Tuatara, Rhino

11 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

[OOC: does anyone have a vote count? I’m not feeling well and staring at the screen hurts right now.]

[OOC: Be well, friend.] 

Edit:

16 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

i dont know if im doing this right

Well, are you trying to kill Dragonfly?

Edited by Salmon Meerkat

10 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

Well, are you trying to kill Dragonfly?

um not really i dont want to kill any one i dont know how to find spiked animals so i think it better to vote with some one smarter than vote some one that scares me like Lion who looks so cute and cuddly but has sharp teeth and claws

i vote flamingo cause meerkat is cute and cuddly but with dull teeth and claws but then flamingo speak and have pretty voice like a song so now I dont know and help the sweet lizard eat the buzzing dragonfly

I had a great New Years Eve, which means I've had a terrible New Years Day. :P. Unfortunately, I'm tight for time right now so this will be quick:

-Mouse Heron I actually think they might be teamed, but I'm not going to focus on Mouse anymore until we see what Heron flips. 

-Plum Rhino didn't comment on the Tineye message. I'd expect a villager to express their surprise about it. Rhino, are you the Tineye? 

-Tonally, I felt Swan's PM felt overly confident that they would/deserved to be trusted. I don't think I was being double teamed in that PM though, so I'm not sure what to make of it. 

-Flamingo's D1 vote retraction that wasn't a retraction seemed to be more about RP appreciation, and as everyone knows, I hate RP and refuse to engage with it. :P. 

Praise The Lord Ruler!

Aylia sat at her writing desk, her surroundings awash with pens of every hue and size. She had always been a stickler for finding the optimal writing instrument, and this occasion was no different. She reached for a pen with a fine nib, testing its ink on a sheet of waste paper. However, the script was too light, the ink fading rapidly and failing to meet her expectations. Disappointed, she set the pen aside and moved on to the next.

This pen had a broader nib and seemed to flow more smoothly across the page, yet the ink was too dark, the script too bold for the delicate hand she had in mind. Aylia sighed, setting the pen aside in turn. One by one, she tried each pen, but none seemed to satisfy her requirements. The ink was either too light or too dark, the nib too fine or too broad.

Aylia cast the pens aside in frustration. "Why, oh why, can I not find a pen to my liking in this accursed place?" she muttered to herself.

Rising from her seat, she began to pace the room, her mind racing with potential solutions. Perhaps she could try a different shop, or import one from a neighboring town. Yet as she rummaged through her desk for her laptop, the feeling that no matter where she looked, she would never find a pen to suit her purposes weighed heavy on her.

"Maybe I'll just settle for a pencil," she thought.

[OOC: Been busy with celebrations and suddenly got swamped with work today. I have time to say a couple of brief thoughts, though.

One of the most interesting things to me is the way discussion preceded toward EoD, which as some have pointed out, might imply lower-activity or less-vocal Spiked. At six hours to EoD, the five-way tie included <Hyena, Mouse, Dingo, Penguin, Iguana> and at three and a half hours Tuatara's unvoted me and removed me from the mix. 

Different people have covered the way the votes preceded after that, so I won't cover the exacts, but the important part is that this tie was maintained until seven minutes before rollover, when Croc moved from Mouse to Kangaroo. 

I think for this I'll put Mouse and Penguin to the side for now, along with some players players that I've gotten good vibes from at some point or have a good gut feeling about (Mouse, Swan, Tuatara, Dragonfly, Lion, Rhino, Meerkat, Toucan). This good-list isn't exhaustive as I am having some trouble connecting posts to the many many PMs I have had. I think it's fine for purposes at the moment, though.

This leaves <Scorpion, Falcon, Ostrich, Weasel, Albatross, Croc, Heron, Flamingo, Lion, Toucan, Chameleon, Rhino, Meerkat, Elephant>, of which <Heron, Weasel, Flamingo> have votes.

Honestly though, I've not enamored with the cases for any of the three. Slightly unnerved by all the Heron votes, but that's normal for me. I don't feel a need to add to those.

Looking back, Weasel has felt somewhat genuine (though not enough to put him on my haphazard good list and remove him from my temp voting pool). I suppose I'm fine with voting Flamingo 

This has been experiments with voting methodology with Hyena]

Edit:

2 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

can some one explain me tin eye thing i dont understand question

PMed you 

Edited by Charcoal Hyena

[OOC: Hi. Sorry for disappearing. I will likely continue to disappear for a little bit due to a combination of some sudden real life issues and my mind deciding to give out on me. I can't muster up the tonal inclinations required for Koros to be done properly, so you just get me. I feel like I'm lost already, and that's mostly my fault. See apology. Luckily, the game's been fairly terse so far. Let's go page by page

D1

Page 1: Mostly RP, poke/joke votes, and frivolity. A fun read, though.

Page 2: The only notable thing in my opinion is Elephant spontaneously busting out Smoker advice. Not the advice itself, but the way it's framed. Might just be in my head. 

Page 3: Falcon frames points in very strict terms without much to back it. Particularly the Tuatara read. Also their "point 4", which seems to be attacking Dragonfly for not moving a poke vote despite the victim not satisfying the conditions for release, particularly when the individual seems tonally at odds with this narrative. Heron frames things oddly. It does feel less evil framing and more 'trying to seem like a good villager' framing. Maybe I have too high of a bar for evil players. Tangent: RIP Dingo, a blasé player with cool RP. I liked talking about glassware with you. Meerkat has a tone that instinctively makes me look twice, but that might just be anonymity at work. Or the use of the word "gosh".

Page 4: I did enjoy Albatross 1.0's forthright-ness. I strongly dislike Dragonfly's last-minute vote but struggle to understand why evil would act in such a manner when a low-temperature cycle implies a lack of necessity.

N1

Page 1: I'm going to slide past the meta discussion and note the second instance of Elephant giving spontaneous advice.

Page 2: See above (excluding the Elephant bit).

D2

Page 1: The Tineye messages are 1. a humorous aside about our status as animals and emotional Allomancy, 2. a note of existence, and 3. an interesting philosophical editorial. 

Page 2: For some reason, my eye is caught by Penguin's lambasting of Shard mobile. Possibly because of the exclamation points. The Heron votes are framed in a very static way considering the singular point. I somewhat agree on the Falcon point in that I cannot comfortably village read them.

Page 3: I do not understand Crocodile's point about a Mouse Heron team.

And now the time comes to use these limited and likely somewhat erroneous conclusions to vote. I am tentatively shelving Weasel because I cannot imagine a world where Weasel has teammates and they don't tell them to tone it down after the spew of meta discussion. I don't like the Flamingo vote. I can somewhat understand the Rhino vote but do not enjoy it. So the question is whether I think Heron is a player subject to suboptimal and perhaps panicky phrasing. My instincts say no. My instincts say that evil Heron would not couch such a vote in hesitance. This might amount to nothing more than protest, but Falcon. I have to go now. I'll see you on the other side.]

8 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

I can somewhat understand the Rhino vote but do not enjoy it. So the question is whether I think Heron is a player subject to suboptimal and perhaps panicky phrasing. My instincts say no. My instincts say that evil Heron would not couch such a vote in hesitance. This might amount to nothing more than protest, but Falcon. I have to go now. I'll see you on the other side.]

“I’ll second everything here^

DragonflyFalcon. At this point I don’t have a preference between the two and will vote whichever has more at EoD. I think technically I’m turning a 2 vote Dragonfly train and a 1 vote Falcon train into a 1-2, so maybe that reveals a hidden preference.”

Edited by Cream Tuatara

I-is anyone g-gracious enough to p-publish a v-vote c-count? I’m eight years o-old and I d-don’t know how t-to count.

For r-record I d-didn’t vote f-for heron b-because of any h-hesitance in h-his vote, I v-voted f-for him because w-with everyone b-being s-so quiet I s-suspected th-that there w-were s-spiked watching us f-from the sh-shadows. (Referring to t-tuatara’s post). Th-the fact th-that he p-posted like j-just as I w-was voting for h-him f-for watching and n-not posting ended u-up j-just making me m-more suspicious, like m-maybe the s-spiked w-were telling h-him to come s-say something? Or maybe I’m j-just drinking too much of the s-special fruit juice I f-found in mommy’s drawer?

edit: oh look at all those votes for falcon suddenly p-popping up as I-I’m talking. I t-talk too slow apparently. How c-curious.

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

Chameleon (1): Swan
Heron (5): Scorpion, Chameleon, Meerkat, Croc, Mouse
Falcon (4): Tuatara Hyena, Rhino, Ostrich
Weasel (2): Dragonfly, Albatross
Flamingo (1): Heron
Rhino (1): Toucan
Swan (1): Flamingo

This should be correct

Edited by Azure Mouse
fixed the falcon vc

Go too fast for Guy. Guy no like so fast. 

[OoC: In response to all the people who queried by read of Mauve's comment, I get the feeling that he wasn't being technical about, but rather let slip something. As Meerkas pointed out, it could be him being a vote manip or even a PM confidante, my mind just went straight to elim. Might check in before rollover, might miss it reading Tress. We'll see, I have no idea who to vote right now.]

“I didn’t like all the Heron votes either, so maybe it evens out. And besides, it’s not as if Falcon has more votes.”

3 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

Falcon

“What are you afraid of?” Willam wondered. “Your vote on Falcon was pointless enough for it to be removed at the first chance of the train going over?”

12 hours ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

I still need to do a reread of Night 1 for game relevant discussion, and I've only done a cursory read of this cycle. But posting it this now before I go work on that.

Alright, here we go.

Night One
Iguana musn't have been very engaged if they could have saved themselves but didn't. 

Toucan commenting on E!Dingo = V!Dragonfly and E/E Dingo/ (Mouse or Penguin) seems villagery in light of the Dingo Spiked Kill.

Not sure what to think about the Swan ask for Lurcher protection :thinking:

Day Two
Interesting that there's a trigger happy Coinshot on the loose :thinking: Muses about Spiked Mistborn.

Dingo seems an odd choice for the Spiked kill though... Perhaps they put more credence in the village reads players were given rather than the collection of votes that had tied Dingo for execution.

And 3 tineyes/mistborn. Interesting.

Slight village read on Croc's list of reads. 

Getting bad vibes from Rhino.

Appreciates Toucan for explaining the RP. 

On 01/01/2023 at 4:43 AM, Sunburst Toucan said:

[OOC: All three of Elephant’s posts contain general game-related advice or mechanics-related thoughts, but they have not thus far expressed opinions regarding other players, the flips, or the votes. Our PM hasn’t been too insightful either. Their second D1 post in particular pings my elim-dar as seeming to appear helpful while mostly just being fluff in disguise.

If it helps, I may have mentioned all of these things in the signup thread if there were a signup thread, as a matter of gameplay things that I care about (PM safety), or things I've seen go wrong before (Smokers in AGs). Fully admit they were easy to quickly post without commenting on thread, because I didn't have the time/energy the last few days to do that, but those were important enough to make the effort to post. Trying to be a bit more on top of being active in thread from now.

Notes Tuatara opting to tie things in defense of Weasel. Though they did speak of Weasel potentially being framed. Going to continue to keep an eye out here I think.

Well possibly I didn't need to do my votes break down, if Dragonfly and Lion had already done similar. But then that was mostly for me to get my thoughts in order. 

Penguin, any chance of getting that reads list you promised? Oh, nevermind, you posted them eventually.

Enjoying Meerkat's posts, but not sure if I'm getting a vibe off them.

Tuatara again with the tie. Goes looking for Alv posts to compare for style.

Continuing to feel weird about Rhino following people to votes.

1 hour ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

-Mouse Heron I actually think they might be teamed, but I'm not going to focus on Mouse anymore until we see what Heron flips. 

Confused by Croc's unvoting of the vote they never placed on Mouse... Takes Heron to 4 vs Weasel/Rhino/Dragonfly at 2.

Mouse follows on to Heron, taking Rhino out of the running.

Ostrich prompts a change of votes to make Falcon a rival to Heron, Rhino once again following Tuatara.

Really not sure how I feel about this last minute voting. Need to look back at Heron vs Falcon specifically I think. Will post this now and try and vote soon.

Vote Tally (Detailed)
(1) Chameleon: Swan {1}
(6) Heron: Meerkat {1}, Tuatara {1}, Meerkat {4}, Scorpion {1}, Chameleon {1}, Meerkat {6}, Crocodile {1}, Mouse {2}, Dragonfly {2}
(1) Weasel: Dragonfly {1}, Albatross {1}
(0) Elephant: Toucan {1}
(1) Flamingo: Meerkat {2}, Rhino {1}, Rhino {3}, Heron {1}, Tuatara {2}, Hyena {1}
(1) Rhino: Meerkat {3}, Rhino {2}, Mouse {1}, Toucan {2}
(3) Falcon: Meerkat {5}, Ostrich {1}, Tuatara {4}, Hyena {2}, Rhino {5}
(1) Swan: Flamingo {1}
(0) Dragonfly: Tuatara {3}, Rhino {4}

Vote Tally
(6) Heron: Scorpion {1}, Chameleon {1}, Meerkat {6}, Crocodile {1}, Mouse {2}, Dragonfly {2}
(3) Falcon: Ostrich {1}, Tuatara {4}, Rhino {5}
(1) Chameleon: Swan {1}
(1) Weasel: Albatross {1}
(1) Flamingo: Heron {1}
(1) Rhino: Toucan {2}
(1) Swan: Flamingo {1}

(Notes everyone has posted at least once this turn)