Chasmfiend Fused

Higgs-Boson Spren

At the end of Rhythm of War we saw that the chasmfiend helped the Listeners. In the prologue there were three colors of blood. Red and orange are human and singer, and violet is the color greatshell blood. What if there were chasmfiends that were killed with the original fused and they got turned into thunderclasts? If they are sapient then they theoretically could be turned into cognitive shadows. 

maybe, but I don't think so, fused are the souls of singers that then inhabit new singer bodies, they don't create their own bodies when they "respawn" the thunderclasts are formed by themselves when a thunderclast "unfused" soul inhabits the rock, and that rock becomes alive, if there were chasmfiend fused, they would inhabit normal chasmfiends.

One thing I do wonder about, is the fact that some person in history did sketch the chasmfiend as a voidbringer, (discovered all the way back when Shallan and Jasnah were in Kharbranth) so perhaps there is some fused version of the chasmfiend that is allied with the listeners.

3 hours ago, Beodrakis said:

maybe, but I don't think so, fused are the souls of singers that then inhabit new singer bodies, they don't create their own bodies when they "respawn" the thunderclasts are formed by themselves when a thunderclast "unfused" soul inhabits the rock, and that rock becomes alive, if there were chasmfiend fused, they would inhabit normal chasmfiends.

One thing I do wonder about, is the fact that some person in history did sketch the chasmfiend as a voidbringer, (discovered all the way back when Shallan and Jasnah were in Kharbranth) so perhaps there is some fused version of the chasmfiend that is allied with the listeners.

I thought that drawing was only there because they knew the chasmfiends were scary and fearsome so they drew the scariest. most fearsome thing they knew of.

5 hours ago, Beodrakis said:

Or maybe that was the only depiction of Voidbringers there was for thousands of years, and the "spren", aka souls, of the thunderclasts/Voidbringers became chasmfiendlike, because of human perception? Is that how that works? I'm not sure; I need to brush up on my Realmatic Theory.

57 minutes ago, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

Or maybe that was the only depiction of Voidbringers there was for thousands of years, and the "spren", aka souls, of the thunderclasts/Voidbringers became chasmfiendlike, because of human perception? Is that how that works? I'm not sure; I need to brush up on my Realmatic Theory.

It probably wont change them that much as the are sapient themselfs so their own self perception would be much more ompactfull than the human`s perception.

I do like the idea of void-y chasmfiends, and I also think that they are way to big a part of the Roshar worldbuilding for Brandon to just drop them. However, they are most likely not Thunderclasts, those seem to be formed separately. Void-y creatures do generally not change their appearance that drastically beyond just looking a tad more evil. Chances are that voidy chasmfiends would look like normal chasmfiends, just a bit twisted and a tad more sinister.  

4 hours ago, Ookla the Pencil Taxi said:

The question of why they were imagined as Chasmfiends in the first place would still remain though...