Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“It’s… it’s fine. Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault. I… it just feels slippery, is all.”

"What do you think might happen next time? If you're saying that this time I actually moved and did things..."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What do you think might happen next time? If you're saying that this time I actually moved and did things..."

She dropped her head in her hands and paced. “I don’t know! I don’t know and I wish it would all stop and we could just breathe for three days with no crises and no monsters trying to kill is and no agents trying to put our story in peril and I hate all of this and I wish I was dead.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

She dropped her head in her hands and paced. “I don’t know! I don’t know and I wish it would all stop and we could just breathe for three days with no crises and no monsters trying to kill is and no agents trying to put our story in peril and I hate all of this and I wish I was dead.”

The color drained from TAAron's face. "Please tell me you don't mean that."

On 1/24/2023 at 2:53 PM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Why not?"

The vibrant color of the field seemed to fade away, as though they were and had always been an illusion. The field was replaced by an endless expanse of charred earth, as though it had been swept by fires long past.

@Ranryu

Wynn struggled to put her thoughts into words. "I just can't, okay?" She looked at the scenery change. "Did you alter our surroundings to fit your mood?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn struggled to put her thoughts into words. "I just can't, okay?" She looked at the scenery change. "Did you alter our surroundings to fit your mood?"

"I didn't change anything. Not intentionally." He shook his head. "It doesn't make sense to me. You saw what I am."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I didn't change anything. Not intentionally." He shook his head. "It doesn't make sense to me. You saw what I am."

Wynn found this absurd. "Your feelings don't decide who you are." She looked bemused. "Your intent and your actions are what do that. And since the moment you were freed from Malum, I have only seen good on both counts."

Spoiler

and the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive. I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now. Even though you broke my heart and killed me. And tore me to pieces. And thew every piece into the fire. As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you. Now these points of data make a beautiful line and we're out of beta we're releasing on time. So I'm glad I got burned think of all the things we learned for the people who are still alive.

Those are the lyrics I recall off the top of my head.

Edited by That1Cellist

Just now, That1Cellist said:
  Reveal hidden contents

and the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive. I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now. Even though you broke my heart and killed me. And tore me to pieces. And thew every piece into the fire. As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you. Now these points of data make a beutiful line and we're out of beta we're releasing on time. So I'm glad I got burned think of all the things we learned for the people who are still alive.

Um what did I miss something

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The color drained from TAAron's face. "Please tell me you don't mean that."

“I don’t know. I don’t know if I mean that.”

BRB kids 

Just now, That1Cellist said:
  Hide contents

and the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive. I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now. Even though you broke my heart and killed me. And tore me to pieces. And thew every piece into the fire. As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you. Now these points of data make a beutiful line and we're out of beta we're releasing on time. So I'm glad I got burned think of all the things we learned for the people who are still alive.

*bes interested*

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn found this absurd. "Your feelings don't decide who you are." She looked bemused. "Your intent and your actions are what do that. And since the moment you were freed from Malum, I have only seen good on both counts."

Lerac gritted his teeth and did not speak, lest he cry again. The tiniest flower grew near his foot.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“I don’t know. I don’t know if I mean that.”

"I'll try to look out for when it's happening, if I can. I'm so sorry..."

3 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:
  Reveal hidden contents

HEHE

Lerac gritted his teeth and did not speak, lest he cry again. The tiniest flower grew near his foot.

Wynn threw her arms around him. "I will never hate you." She whispered. "But right now, our friends need us. Both of us."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn threw her arms around him. "I will never hate you." She whispered. "But right now, our friends need us. Both of us."

He shuddered. More flower sprung up around him, forming a small patch at their feet. He took deep breaths, not looking at Wynn.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He shuddered. More flower sprung up around him, forming a small patch at their feet. He took deep breaths, not looking at Wynn.

She turned his face to look her in the eyes. "Do you believe me?"

8 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

It's the lyrics from the song in Mr. Archivist's title.

Ahhhh!

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I'll try to look out for when it's happening, if I can. I'm so sorry..."

“It’s… I just…” she paced as she spoke. “I don’t know what’s going on. Rylla’s not here anymore, so these must be my feelings, and I don’t feel like this ever and I don’t know what’s going on and it’s like we have enemies on every side and there’s nothing I can do and it keeps getting worse and worse and worse…”

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

She turned his face to look her in the eyes. "Do you believe me?"

"I..." He looked conflicted, staring into her eyes. "I'm not sure..."

Edit: @The Halcyon Girl

"Once Wynn and Lerac are done we're going to go and get Malum. We can start solving things."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I..." He looked conflicted, staring into her eyes. "I'm not sure..."

Edit: @The Halcyon Girl

"Once Wynn and Lerac are done we're going to go and get Malum. We can start solving things."

She slumped into a chair. “Yeah, I know. But then there will be something else, probably something worse, and it’s never going to end, and we’ll just keep going like hamsters in those plastic balls—we can run as far as we want, but we’ll never get anywhere.”

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"Well get sure." She said. "There is no love without trust."

"I... do trust you." He thought for a moment. "So I guess I believe you." More flowers peeked through the earth in the areas around him, and he began to relax.

She slumped into a chair. “Yeah, I know. But then there will be something else, probably something worse, and it’s never going to end, and we’ll just keep going like hamsters in those plastic balls—we can run as far as we want, but we’ll never get anywhere.”

"I won't let that happen, okay? This will end."

"I... do trust you." He thought for a moment. "So I guess I believe you." More flowers peeked through the earth in the areas around him, and he began to relax.

Her smile was so radiant that he couldn't tell she was made of Shadow. "And I trust you. See?"

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I won't let that happen, okay? This will end."

“It will. When we die trying to face a threat that’s just too big.”

"We won't die. Once we defeat Malum, we can go back to the Clinic, or to Basilica. And we won't have to do this anymore."

“There will be more.” Haly was almost in tears now. “There’s always more—I’ve seen it. It’s like we’re racehorses, and our managers just want more and more out of us. Don’t you get it, TAAron? They’ll run us until we drop dead in the saddle. Dead. There is no end!”

“There will be more.” Haly was almost in tears now. “There’s always more—I’ve seen it. It’s like we’re racehorses, and our managers just want more and more out of us. Don’t you get it, TAAron? They’ll run us until we drop dead in the saddle. Dead. There is no end!”

"Haly!" TAAron ran to her side, grabbing her. "We will be okay. I will be here for you. I promise."