Marsh Duralumin

TheBreadRuler

20 hours ago, TheBreadRuler said:

What do you guys think about his comment on practicing with his powers?

Could he have become a duralumin savant and gained control over the boost?

I don't think he'd waste his reserves on a random gun, he has to have a way to control duralumin bursts.

I took this to be "I don't want to answer you, so I'll give you a lie you can beleive."

We already know that having a Bronze Spike inreased Vin's ability with Bronze (pierce Copperclouds), and we also already know that Inquisitors had multiple Iron and/or Steel Spikes - giving them augmented Pushes and Pulls. 

However, little is known about Inquisitors by the time of TLM (as filtered through Sazed's Words of Founding); so I think Marsh said that as a way to avoid explaining how multiple spikes of the same type (or having a spike that matches a natural ability) increases your facility with that ability. 

2 hours ago, Treamayne said:

However, little is known about Inquisitors by the time of TLM (as filtered through Sazed's Words of Founding); so I think Marsh said that as a way to avoid explaining how multiple spikes of the same type (or having a spike that matches a natural ability) increases your facility with that ability. 

I'm sure Wax knows this though. He already knows a decent deal about Hemalurgy from the book Marsh himself gave Marasi.

I'm 90% this comment about duralumin is truthful.

I don't dismiss the possibility that Marsh is hiding something tho, just not that its as simple as his stronger allomancy.

I'd say that Marsh does know quite a few tricks about Allomancy, my guess is that he can 'lightly Burn' Duralumin to grant greater power over longer periods. Like instead of compressing an hour's worth of Steel into huge burst that lasts 2 seconds, he can draw it out to 60 seconds, greatly amplifying the power but not to the same degree.

Like you can 'Lightly Burn' Steel just to see the Steellines or lightly Burn pewter for small physical boost.

23 hours ago, TheBreadRuler said:

Could he have become a duralumin savant and gained control over the boost?

I don't think this is a Savant thing, though it could be, just a showing of raw skill honed over centuries of life.

Edited by JustQuestin2004

1 hour ago, TheBreadRuler said:

I'm sure Wax knows this though. He already knows a decent deal about Hemalurgy from the book Marsh himself gave Marasi.

I kinda doubt that Wax knows this or that it was covered in Spook's book about Hemalurgic experiments (since even if we know Spook worked with Kelsier - Wax didn't know that because he was surprised at the Survivor's memory). Also, we have no indications that Marsh helped either Kelsier or Spook (and probably did not as he would have agreed with Harmony that their experiments were not a great idea and recording the information an even worse idea).

Why and how would Spook have learned the inner secrets of Inquisitor hemalurgy? (beyond the bare minimum that Marsh shared at the end of TFE)

54 minutes ago, JustQuestin2004 said:

I'd say that Marsh does know quite a few tricks about Allomancy, my guess is that he can 'lightly Burn' Duralumin to grant greater power over longer periods. Like instead of compressing an hour's worth of Steel into huge burst that lasts 2 seconds, he can draw it out to 60 seconds, greatly amplifying the power but not to the same degree.

Like you can 'Lightly Burn' Steel just to see the Steel-lines or lightly Burn pewter for small physical boost.

I do agree that this is also a possibility. . .

Edited by Treamayne

On 11/18/2022 at 6:25 PM, Treamayne said:

I kinda doubt that Wax knows this or that it was covered in Spook's book about Hemalurgic experiments (since even if we know Spook worked with Kelsier - Wax didn't know that because he was surprised at the Survivor's memory). Also, we have no indications that Marsh helped either Kelsier or Spook (and probably did not as he would have agreed with Harmony that their experiments were not a great idea and recording the information an even worse idea).

Why and how would Spook have learned the inner secrets of Inquisitor hemalurgy? (beyond the bare minimum that Marsh shared at the end of TFE)

I do agree that this is also a possibility. . .

I think this is a really good point. Especially looking at the interview with Khriss in the endnote. The version of hemalurgy the Marsh is made of doesn't really exist anymore. Kell and Spook's experiments probably uncovered a bunch about the modern rules of hemalurgy but Marsh is grandfathered in and canonically has some special abilities that aren't possible to replicate anymore.