Seons In Band of Mouring

Broseph

So I was listing to the Overlady reads and they mention a box the Set used to communicate, assuming it was some kind of radio

But then I thought, a metal box that transmits voices? We've seen that before, specifically on Roshar, used by the ghostbloods to communicate with Shallan

I checked it out (end of chapter 16 and beginning of chapter 17) and sure eanough a mid sized cube that produces voices!

I'm not sure what to do with this information nesiseserly but it implies to me some connection between the set and the ghostbloods and perhaps the source of there knowledge of hemalurgy, given Thaidakars nature XD

That's basically it, I leave it to you arcanists to make sense of this information and any hints it might bring or tell me its just a radio

Either way, please let me know if I'm onto something or not.

It's certainly possible, but I doubt it - Brandon's reading from the sequel to Sixth of the Dusk implies Roshar and Scadrial are set to be opposing groups (at least generally) in Era 4, and Scadrial is specially an Earth-analogue setting, as opposed to the more fantastical technologies of Roshar. The radio likely is just that, a radio, and the first introduction of this as a new technology. Brandon also mentioned that different methods of FTL are going to be developed in competition with one another:

Skrimyt

Can Transportation-based fabrials be used to achieve Physical Realm FTL, faster-than-light?

Brandon Sanderson

This is theoretically possible, yes. Basically, I am pushing toward competing methods of FTL in the space age, and Roshar is one of the ones that has access to being potentially able to do that.

New York Comic Con 2022 (Oct. 8, 2022)

So again it implies Roshar will go one way with its magitech, and Scadrial will to another, though Seons are themselves Selish, so who knows how they will play into things.

Having access to (or even knowledge of) worldhopping, or being able to get something as precious and hard to transport offworld as a Seon (never mind two of them), seems to be beyond the Set given the goals they've been focusing on so far and the means they've employed. A radio is much more achievable, and is right at the level of technology Scadrial is able to develop. And the description of Suit's voice through it sounds more like a radio than a Seon.

But at the same time, if the Set did have a Seon, disguising its use by making it sound like a radio sounds like the kind of thing they'd do. And the fact that Wax took the box at least suggests that it will come up again, which would be much less of a big deal if it's just a radio receiver. And Trell (or at least the thing we've been referring to as Trell) is about as powerful as Cosmere beings get and is bringing things from off world, so who knows?