Channelknight Fadran

7 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

By this time, Whist realized just how empty the road had become. They carriage and soldiers were the only other travelers on the road. The two groups continued for a moment, side by side. It was horribly quiet.

A shout came from within the carriage and it stopped moving. One of the nearest soldiers gave an audible sigh, and was elbowed by one of his companions. The door to the carriage swung open, and a young girl jumped out, not waiting for a footman to help her down.

Her dress too, was an extreme pink. Lined with opals and covered in bows, it was kind of hard to look at. Her curly black hair was pulled into two pigtails, and they bounced vigorously as she approached them. 

"Who are you?!" She asked. It was hard to tell whether she was eager, or enraged. Either way she was loud.

Whist reflexively put a hand on Fiadh's shoulder, too stunned to think of an answer. She had a feeling her companion was right to believe this girl wasn't very friendly.

Nayka slipped behind Whist, mind in overdrive at the sight of the cart. 

It could be mine, it should all be mine.

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Mariel's hands tightened on the scepter, her lips drawing to a line. Her eyes seemed to flash with something, but again, it was indiscernible in the dim light.

The mental pressure on the three of them to leave redoubled.

Miyako nodded sagely, barely holding back a laugh. "Mmkay, see ya later princess."

12 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin gasped as he broke the surface of the cube. However, the trip into the acid had weakened the vines and they snapped right before Antin was fully free. He cried out in pain, managing to pull himself out. He got up, stumbled for a few steps, then collapsed to the ground.

Probably bad burns to exposed skin and general acidic wear to any objects and clothes. I'll leave it up to you to decide how severe you want it to be.

Quest gasped and almost ran forward towards Antin. However, stopping the ooze that still creeped towards Antin seemed more pressing. Quest quickly scribbled an extra rune onto his paper. He had never tested anything like this but now seemed as good a time as any. Since the current vines couldn't affect the ooze, Quest need something with a little more kick.

Quest touched the new rune on his sheet of paper and forced some fire magic into it. A flame raced up the vines, turning them into blacked ropes of flame. Quest commanded the vines out towards the ooze and this time they caught on, burning into the slime as they pushed through its body. Quest waited a moment until the vines burned away enough grip and then he wrenched outward, pushing each vine violently away from each other. The resulting mess was a seething splatter of vines and slime.

Quest pulled his hand away from the paper rune circle as the opposing magic types consumed each other. He ran to Antin. "Antin, are you ok?" Quest asked, breathless from both the fight and general shock.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

=Quest gasped and almost ran forward towards Antin. However, stopping the ooze that still creeped towards Antin seemed more pressing. Quest quickly scribbled an extra rune onto his paper. He had never tested anything like this but now seemed as good a time as any. Since the current vines couldn't affect the ooze, Quest need something with a little more kick.

Quest touched the new rune on his sheet of paper and forced some fire magic into it. A flame raced up the vines, turning them into blacked ropes of flame. Quest commanded the vines out towards the ooze and this time they caught on, burning into the slime as they pushed through its body. Quest waited a moment until the vines burned away enough grip and then he wrenched outward, pushing each vine violently away from each other. The resulting mess was a seething splatter of vines and slime.

Quest pulled his hand away from the paper rune circle as the opposing magic types consumed each other. He ran to Antin. "Antin, are you ok?" Quest asked, breathless from both the fight and general shock.

"Not... exactly." Antin's body was covered in burns, and he hissed as he tried to push himself up with an injured arm.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Not... exactly." Antin's body was covered in burns, and he hissed as he tried to push himself up with an injured arm.

Quest gently pushed him back down and pushed healing magic through Antin's body. He grimaced. "There isn't a lot I can do about your broken arm but this should soothe the rest for-"

A voice cut him off as the witch walked around the edge of the house, about 10 feet away. "Well, you two have proven quite the nuisance. Now that you've broken into my house and partially ruined my tome I won't have to feel to bad about brutally killing you." She spoke formally, almost disinterested as she pressed a hand against one of one of the wounds in her side.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest gently pushed him back down and pushed healing magic through Antin's body. He grimaced. "There isn't a lot I can do about your broken arm but this should soothe the rest for-"

A voice cut him off as the witch walked around the edge of the house, about 10 feet away. "Well, you two have proven quite the nuisance. Now that you've broken into my house and partially ruined my tome I won't have to feel to bad about brutally killing you." She spoke formally, almost disinterested as she pressed a hand against one of one of the wounds in her side.

His healing doesn't really work on Antin, remember?

"This isn't good," Antin said frankly. "I might be able to heal myself but it could knock me out."

@Mr. Misting

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron grinned as they walked away back up to their rooms.

"You are the snarkiest person I know," She said to Miyako, "It's bizarre how snarky you are."

@Mr. Misting

Miyako snapped out of her private musing as Hyron talked to her. "Hmmm? Yeah?" Miyako blinked and after collecting herself she rolled her eyes dramatically. "Yeah Viney. I'm the veritable paragon of sarcasm." Miyako said drily. 

10 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"This isn't good," Antin said frankly. "I might be able to heal myself but it could knock me out."

@Mr. Misting

Oh, yeah crap. Forgot about that little fact.

Quest cursed and turned to the witch. "Um, sorry?" 

Edited by Mr. Misting

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako snapped out of her private musing as Hyron talked to her. "Hmmm? Yeah?" Miyako blinked and after collecting herself she rolled her eyes dramatically. "Yeah Viney. I'm the veritable paragon of sarcasm."

My veritable paragaon of sarcasm, Hyron thought to herself.

"Well, better turn it off a bit, because we have some stuff to talk about," She said as they neared their rooms.

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

My veritable paragaon of sarcasm, Hyron thought to herself.

"Well, better turn it off a bit, because we have some stuff to talk about," She said as they neared their rooms.

Miyako narrowed her eyes. "What kinda stuff?"

3 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako narrowed her eyes. "What kinda stuff?"

"I think you'll remember," Hyron said, shooting Miyako a sly glance as she opened the door to their room. "Better to get it over with now, don't you think?"

"I think you'll remember," Hyron said, shooting Miyako a sly glance as she opened the door to their room. "Better to get it over with now, don't you think?"

Miyako spun on her heels and began quickly walking away. "I do not think. Awful plan."

3 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako spun on her heels and began quickly walking away. "I do not think. Awful plan."

"Hey, hey, hey," Hyron said, taking a few steps and grabbing Miyako's arm, "You want this to remain awkard forever? If we're gonna be working together a lot, we might as well settle this. Okay?"

"Hey, hey, hey," Hyron said, taking a few steps and grabbing Miyako's arm, "You want this to remain awkard forever? If we're gonna be working together a lot, we might as well settle this. Okay?"

Miyako groaned loudly. "I....." Miyako growled several curses. "Fine." 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako groaned loudly. "I....." Miyako growled several curses. "Fine." 

Hyron pulled Miyako into the pair's room, and shut the door.

"Where do you want to start?" She asked Miyako, turning to face her.

20 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh just stared. There was so much stuff on her.

14 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Nayka slipped behind Whist, mind in overdrive at the sight of the cart. 

It could be mine, it should all be mine.

"So?!" the girl demanded, she was obviously used to getting her way. Whist kept her mouth closed, the chances of her saying something stupid and making the problem worse were very high. That, and rich people scared her. A lot. Except Larsik, but . . . he wasn't really normal. She continued to hold onto Fiadh, partly to hold her back--if they stole anything they would be in serious trouble, but also to calm her own nerves.

"Are you idiots all mute?!" she asked, her voice raising.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako sat on her bed and glared at Hyron. "I dunno. You can go first."

Hyron sat down opposite Miyako, on her own bed, and looked at Miyako, thinking where to start.

After a short pause, she said, "Well, obviously, I like you. And I can make the assumption that you reciprocate those feelings."

Hyron sat down opposite Miyako, on her own bed, and looked at Miyako, thinking where to start.

After a short pause, she said, "Well, obviously, I like you. And I can make the assumption that you reciprocate those feelings."

Miyako continued to glare at Hyron. She did not respond.

16 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

"So?!" the girl demanded, she was obviously used to getting her way. Whist kept her mouth closed, the chances of her saying something stupid and making the problem worse were very high. That, and rich people scared her. A lot. Except Larsik, but . . . he wasn't really normal. She continued to hold onto Fiadh, partly to hold her back--if they stole anything they would be in serious trouble, but also to calm her own nerves.

"Are you idiots all mute?!" she asked, her voice raising.

Fiadh frowned. Well that's mean. "I like your dress..."