Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Indeed," she replied. "I am Mariel. Princess of the Nameless Isle." She leaned on her scepter thoughtfully. "Viney. Stuck Up. Acolyte." She raised her scepter and pointed at each one of them in turn. "Come here."

The words rang with the force of command, and the three felt their bodies move towards her involuntarily.

Miyako glared at Mariel but didn't resist. To much at least.

50 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Mariel's eyes glittered, and she smiled slightly. "Hmm. I don't think so, Viney. Stand up."

The command crashed into Hyron's mind, an irresistible impulse to follow the princess's command.

At least until she started ordering Hyron around. Miyako's voice became ice hard. "Do that again and I kill you." 

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by Mr. Misting

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron tried to resist, but only managed to stand up slower than was probably expected.

She glared daggers at the princess, but restrained from smacking that infuriating smirk off her face with a vine.

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako glared at Mariel but didn't resist. To much at least.

At least until she started ordering Hyron around. Miyako's voice became ice hard. "Do that again and I kill you." 

@CalanoCorvus

The princess raised an eyebrow. "Forgotten our deal?"

34 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The princess raised an eyebrow. "Forgotten our deal?"

"I will. I will kill you, maybe not now, but until my dying breath. I will find you in your sleep and slit your throat. I will put your head on a pike and burn it. Command her," Miyako paused, "either of them and my sword will be stained with your blood."

She spoke with no inflection, only cold dark truth. As if stating a simple fact. Her eyes were empty of all emotion and her body was held perfectly still. Darker than any Shadow could hope to be.

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What do you want?"

Yes sorry.

The witch fixed Antin with a glare. "I want my house back." 

"Are you sure your...ok?" Quest said awkwardly gesturing at the witch's various wounds.

The witch snorted. "I'm quite sure I can take you two now that your mentor and terrifying friend are gone." 

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

"I will. I will kill you, maybe not now, but until my dying breath. I will find you in your sleep and slit your throat. I will put your head on a pike and burn it. Command her," Miyako paused, "either of them and my sword will be stained with your blood."

She spoke with no inflection, only cold dark truth. As if stating a simple fact. Her eyes were empty of all emotion and her body was held perfectly still. Darker than any Shadow could hope to be.

"Are you sure your...ok?" Quest said awkwardly gesturing at the witch's various wounds.

The witch snorted. "I'm quite sure I can take you two now that your mentor and terrifying friend are gone." 

"Hm." Antin stepped forward and placed a hand on the witch, depleting her magical energy significantly.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Hm." Antin stepped forward and placed a hand on the witch, depleting her magical energy significantly.

The way I was picturing this was that she was about 10 feet out from the house and we are at the front door. You could try to walk up to her, but she would probably respond.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Terrifying friend... no way is that Kealie. Right?

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'd rather you not," Vance replied.

"My head hurts," she moaned. "And my back hurts. And my arms and legs and magic too. And I'm hungry. I also can't move and Eej..." she stopped, seeing him next to her. "Eej," she whispered. "Eej is hurt."

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"So, you'll kill us if we don't comply?" Antin asked.

"If you want to be the heroes I can be the villain." The witch said with a slight smirk, leaning against a tree.

7 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

.....:ph34r: Yes.

For two reasons. One, she hardly knows you and her only experience is of you, the tree and a force field. I've thought about how it would feel to have that happen and it is horrifying. And two, I think it is very funny.

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

"If you want to be the heroes I can be the villain." The witch said with a slight smirk, leaning against a tree.

It is so funny and Kealie would be both unsettled and flattered if she knew XD

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Don't worry. You said your guys' life forces are tied, right?"

"I have a... channel... mostly closed. Can't close it all the way... wish I could, need the energy, but Eej... Eej needs it too."

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

"I'm not asking you to be anything." He slowly began approaching the witch to see what she did.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She let it lay in her palm, not feeling up to closing her fingers around it. "What is it?"

"Try opening a connection to it like the kind you have with Eej."

An aether stone is pure, condensed magical energy. You can draw upon it to power up your spells and life energy and such. Seeing as how Eej is magical and Kealie's connection to Eej is also magical, eating up more magical energy should do the trick.

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

The witch frowned. "Why are you walking towards me?"

After getting about halfway, Antin broke into a run without warning, diving to grab the witch and hopefully dampen her power.

You decide if it works.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Try opening a connection to it like the kind you have with Eej."

Now that sh was focusing on it, she could feel the energy inside it, energy she needed and was hungry for. I hardly took ten seconds to open the channel, and then as she widened it, energy splashed into her, roiling around. Her exhaustion from using her magic vanished, and a little hunger lifted, with plenty of energy left. She poured it into Eej, whose vines healed and movements became fluid and far more natural.

She was still hurt, but Eej was fine now. She smiled at Vance. "Thank you."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"No problem." Vance took the staff back and slung it over his shoulder again. "I don't know how much power is stored in this thing, but seems like there should be quite a bit left."

She nodded. Eej carefully picked her up, careful not to hurt her any more. "I'm ready. Or rather Eej is ready."