Brandon's TikTok, a new interview, and some big Dan Wells news

It seems that Brandon has a TikTok account now: https://www.tiktok.com/@authorbrandonsanderson

I don't think it was advertised anywhere, I just found out through Reddit. The first three clips don't contain any new information, really, but the newest one has some interesting details about spanreed mechanics and relativity (which I'm not sure were canonized before). 

Also, Grimdark Magazine had an interview with Brandon yesterday - here's the video and text version

Edit: For those of you who don't watch (or listen to) Intentionally Blank: Dan Wells has joined the Dragonsteel team as VP of Narrative, with the goal of eventually co-writing Cosmere books with Brandon. You can see the news here, starting around minute 42:00

There's always another piece of news: Brandon has responded to Daniel Greene's question about Cosmere books being released after his retirement. You can find it here, at 3:50

Edited by KandraAllomancer

4 hours ago, DougTheRug said:

I’m not sure if this is place for it but how do you feel about Dan Wells coming on board at Dragonsteel? I’m not sure how J feel but am glad he can compliment Brandon skills wise. 

My first thought was that he seems like a pretty good choice to co-author The Night Brigade. Beyond that, we'll see, but I'm generally rather excited

I'm wondering if that trend of co-authoring selected Cosmere books (first with Isaac, and now with Dan) will be even further expanded in the future. Brandon definitely has some big franchise ambitions, and he did mention in the last State of Sanderson that we'll need to have some talk about the future of Cosmere after SA 5. Could that be it?

• 2 months later...

I am extremely worried about Cosmere becoming just something like Star Wars Legends, where it ceases to really be anything special and just something a lot of different authors become a part of. I love Cosmere as being Brandon's vision, not something that has a lot of different authors. I was fine with Issac doing some things due to him being a big part of Cosmere in general, but now he is bringing in Dan (despite not long ago saying Issac is the only one he trusts for it), which is worrying me. 

3 hours ago, Firesong said:

I am extremely worried about Cosmere becoming just something like Star Wars Legends, where it ceases to really be anything special and just something a lot of different authors become a part of. I love Cosmere as being Brandon's vision, not something that has a lot of different authors. I was fine with Issac doing some things due to him being a big part of Cosmere in general, but now he is bringing in Dan (despite not long ago saying Issac is the only one he trusts for it), which is worrying me. 

I'm guessing Dan's going to be more side stories, like Emperor's soul and Shadows for Silence type things rather than Mistborn or Stormlight archive.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

I'm guessing Dan's going to be more side stories, like Emperor's soul and Shadows for Silence type things rather than Mistborn or Stormlight archive.

Yeah, I am just definitely a very paranoid type of person, the "We need to talk" by Brandon (referring to talking about the future of the Cosmere after SA5 comes out) does also worry me. I know it likely isn't anything too bad, but I always tend to expect the worst. It is a problem that I have. 

What exactly was the quote for him saying we need to talk about it, again? I want to be able to read his words themselves. 

Hope again it is nothing too devastating, I don't think he would make us wait years if it was something really big. 

Edit: Reading the Grimdark Magazine thing did give more hope, as he still talked about Elantris as being very important (they were some of the things I was more worried about not happening), and that he still wants to do Nightblood. So seems like he isn't making massive cuts or anything. Seems the talk would be more about what is happening with Era 3 and Elantris order and publishing-wise, and when he is getting to Stormlight 6. Which makes sense given the schedule is less clear after SA5. 

Edited by Firesong

On 2023-01-13 at 1:56 AM, Firesong said:

I don’t think it will be, and I do think some collaborations are a good idea. As long as Brandon is around to make sure that everything fits with the main vision things should be okay.