Who is (Blank) Lord of Chaos Spoilers

Gray to

From what I can find there is no consensus answer.  Top two thematic options are The Dark One himself, or the Dragon Reborn.  

Not much is known about the Lord of Chaos, despite being the title of the sixth book in Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" series. Some think that it may be another name for the Dark One. Although it seems more likely that the "Lord of Chaos" is an appellation referring to Rand al'Thor and his ta'veren influence as a title for this book, a command given to the Forsaken Demandred by the Dark One, "let the Lord of Chaos rule" suggests that it may only be a phrase directing the Forsaken, notably, to spread disorder and distrust. The Lord of Choas is identified in the eighth book by one of the Forsaken: “the Great Lord’s command to increase chaos.” The Forsaken refer to the Dark One as the Great Lord.[1] One of the Forsaken, Semirhage, said, “Let the lord of chaos rule,” after the Forsaken destroy the Seanchan entire Royal family which had been the only cohesive powerful government up to the eleventh book in the series.[2] Since Rand al’Thor had no part in that action, it is unlikely that anyone besides the Dark One can be identified as the Lord of Chaos. However, Brandon Sarandon who completed Robert Jordan’s last three books often imposed his own interpretation on many concepts. His books stressed the chaos caused by Rand’s presence in Caemlyn and other cities, noting that the pattern demanded balance yet Cadsuane Sedai noticed no redeeming good to balance the evil. There are subtle ambiguities that could be argued that Sarandon changed from what Jordan originally planned that officianados might make a very long article to detail i.e. the great healing power of Nyneave unable to restore Rand’s hand, yet heal stilling, undo Compulsion, and bring a stabbed noble from the brink of death.

(I hate to link a Fandom wiki, but it was the only one I found).

https://wot.fandom.com/wiki/Lord_of_Chaos_(concept)

30 minutes ago, Gray to said:

So I just finished book 6 The Lord of Chaos, and I have no idea who the Lord of Chaos is. Is it Demondred? Do we learn in a future book? I'm just confused as to how I missed this and it makes me worried that I missed other obvious stuff

I always assumed it was a personification of the chaos the Forsaken were told to create, famine, misinformation, suspicion, war etc.

1 hour ago, AerionBFII said:

I always assumed it was a personification of the chaos the Forsaken were told to create, famine, misinformation, suspicion, war etc.

Yea, I had a similar interpretation. It was a euphuism, possibly from the Age of Legends, that basically meant "go create chaos". I always figured it was some sort of strategy/temporary modus operandi where the Forsaken go around doing randomly horrible and confusing things to make it seem like they were playing out schemes that teased an underlying purpose that wasn't actually there. A massive distraction to hide an actual scheme that the Dark One wanted to be lost in all the noise. 

• 7 months later...

The Lord Of Chaos is the Dark One when he is fully imprisoned.

He is using his own role in reality to undermine the Pattern, hence his book ended introduction. The Dark One fully understands how he operates in the reality, vs what he has announced to that reality when he first gained strength in the Age Of Legends.