Who is another Dawnshard?

During the Spolier Stream #4 Brandon mentioned that we know someone other than Rysn who is a currently a Dawnshard.

gk-sudo

Do we know anyone who is currently a Dawnshard other than Rysn?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, you have met people who are curre– at least one who is currently a Dawnshard other than Rysn.

YouTube Spoiler Stream 4 (June 16, 2022)

I believe it is Rock, even though we have seen him kill Amaram. I think his Torment may simply not have been too bad at that point or he may have been able to trick it by aiming somewhere else. Thoughts?

AdelRD

Should we assume that Sigzil’s Dawnshard is the same that Hoid used to have?

Brandon Sanderson

Sigzil, at one point, held the same Dawnshard that Hoid used to have. I phrased that very intentionally.

Secret Project #4 Reveal and Livestream (March 29, 2022)

(sorry, not sure how to quote WOBs like that)

This kind of makes me think that Sig has held multiple Dawnshards at different points in the books, which leads me to wonder which one he is currently holding, which ones he has held before, and if Rysn is still holding her Dawnshard.

Also, Rock being a Dawnshard would be interesting, though I think that he might have tried to get help from a Worldhopper or the Sleepless when he was a bridgeman so he wouldn't die holding something that important. So if he is one, he probably picked it up sometime after being freed.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:51 AM, Casual Ati Enjoyer said:

AdelRD

Should we assume that Sigzil’s Dawnshard is the same that Hoid used to have?

Brandon Sanderson

Sigzil, at one point, held the same Dawnshard that Hoid used to have. I phrased that very intentionally.

Secret Project #4 Reveal and Livestream (March 29, 2022)

(sorry, not sure how to quote WOBs like that)

This kind of makes me think that Sig has held multiple Dawnshards at different points in the books, which leads me to wonder which one he is currently holding, which ones he has held before, and if Rysn is still holding her Dawnshard.

Also, Rock being a Dawnshard would be interesting, though I think that he might have tried to get help from a Worldhopper or the Sleepless when he was a bridgeman so he wouldn't die holding something that important. So if he is one, he probably picked it up sometime after being freed.

Good point about Rock probably having resources to not die as a bridgeman if he truly held one of the Dawnshards. If his refusal to wield a weapon is not related to Dawnshards, I wonder what it is. Somehow I think it is more than his personal convictions, potentially something related to the perpendicularity in the Horneater peaks.

My suspicion is on Renarin... seeing into the future is a pretty significant ability in the Cosmere, and I don't think his bond with Glys is enough to justify such power... it's also why Renarin appears golden at times and can show people different (honourable?) versions of themselves.

My theory... the Iriali are the direct ancestors of the Ashynites and Evi's bloodline carried one of the Dawnshards... Sja-Anat knew of this when she sent Glys to bond with him and wanted to have Renarin as one of the most powerful and influential allies she could possibly have.

The Dawnshard may, or may not, have had something to do with his "blood weakness" (or epilepsy) but I'm not sure. 

8 hours ago, TruthwatcherDan said:

My suspicion is on Renarin... seeing into the future is a pretty significant ability in the Cosmere, and I don't think his bond with Glys is enough to justify such power... it's also why Renarin appears golden at times and can show people different (honourable?) versions of themselves.

My ... the Iriali are the direct ancestors of the Ashynites and Evi's bloodline carried one of the Dawnshards... Sja-Anat knew of this when she sent Glys to bond with him and wanted to have Renarin as one of the most powerful and influential allies she could possibly have.

The Dawnshard may, or may not, have had something to do with his "blood " (or epilepsy) but I'm not sure. 

I do not think Renarin is likely to hold a Dawnshard for several reasons:

1) Evi is from Rira, which, I believe, is a distinct nation from the Iriali. 

2) Renarin's "blood sickness" disappears when he becomes the Knight Radiant. I do not think the consequences of holding a Dawnshard can be eliminated this way since we have a precedent of Hoid still not being able to eat meat or kill others after becoming a Lightweaver. 

3) Wouldn't he know about it and share it if not with other characters, then with the readers in his POV chapters?

That being said, I am very curious if Renarin's disease has a supernatural origin :)