Just now, Archer said:

My case for Kas boils down to his doc location is known so he's a lost cause anyway. :P. 

It's precisely because it's known that my doc has an incentive to vote someone they suspect who isn't me. Voting outside Shshsh is pretty bad for us. It doesn't mean don't vote for suspicions - it means vote for people you suspect who aren't in Shshsh.

By the same token, what you're not saying is you have an ulterior motive for voting me - because it benefits your faction to do so.

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Not that there is nothing missing, just that since nothing has happened any accusations made are mostly baseless.

Welcome to Day One :D.

I’m probably okay with voting Archer as well base purely on vibes, but idk what the VC is.

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Welcome to Day One :D.

I’m probably okay with voting Archer as well base purely on vibes, but idk what the VC is.

As far as I can tell, it's currently:

Archer (2): Wiz, Kas
TUN (2): Mat, xino
Kas (1): Archer

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Archer, I don’t think any elim would purposely sabotage advice for all the thread to see :P.

I'd 100% do that in a time crunch game like this 

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

By the same token, what you're not saying is you have an ulterior motive for voting me - because it benefits your faction to do so.

If you haven't noticed, Mat and I have very different approaches to this game

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Not that there is nothing missing, just that since nothing has happened any accusations made are mostly baseless.

So what's the tipping point here? You want to see who was right or wrong with their kill targets? Who sticks to their guns? The flaw to this approach is villagers are often wrong and elims pick kills that confuse onlookers so it's not obvious who they are. 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

but I didn't even try to sabatoge my advice for the new players :3

1 minute ago, Archer said:

So what's the tipping point here? You want to see who was right or wrong with their kill targets? Who sticks to their guns? The flaw to this approach is villagers are often wrong and elims pick kills that confuse onlookers so it's not obvious who they are. 

Mostly just voting for someone who I'm mostly sure isn't in my spren group.

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'd 100% do that in a time crunch game like this 

xD Well we all know I value self preservation more than a lot of other players so maybe that’s just me

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

If you haven't noticed, Mat and I have very different approaches to this game

I do, and I respect you enough to figure you have probably run the numbers enough to realise it is not a good situation for one faction to be the faction who loses a player on the first game. Even if you say that's not your primary motive, which I'm happy to grant you, I think you're good enough with modelling for it to not have occurred to you, and I think that's also reflected in your choice of vote targets.

Edited: On the first cycle, RIP typo.

Edited by Kasimir

Basically what I was going for this round was primary motivation: vote off another faction. Secondary motivation: vote off a likely elim. Ideally do both at once but the other faction hasn't given me much to go off of and uh, certain individuals seem dead set on voting off their teammates. :P. Which will actually become the basis of my suspicion. I believe I've clocked every member of my team, so Mat has too and so his votes don't make sense. At all. Too late now to salvage it, so I'll swing for a weak elim read. 

But then the reaction test thing didn't make sense for an elim. Sigh. I guess the upside of 3 confirmed villagers would be nice, if this works out. 

TUN (Kas) 

1 minute ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Thank you!

w h a t   A m   I   S u p p o s e d   T o   D o  

t o d a y ?

Wanna kill somebody with me? :D. 

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Basically what I was going for this round was primary motivation: vote off another faction. Secondary motivation: vote off a likely elim. Ideally do both at once but the other faction hasn't given me much to go off of

Same. This has led to me having to include you in my suspect pool ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

I believe I've clocked every member of my team, so Mat has too and so his votes don't make sense. At all.

Strange, because I believe I have too, and Mat's votes make complete sense to me, which implies one of us is mistaken.

2 minutes ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

I will! he just is acting kinda suspicous 
Kas

FYI, it's in red if you're voting for me, and if you're in my faction, which I suspect you are, then you should keep in mind that's a bad move for us if the Elims kill within us, less bad if the Elims kill in another faction ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

My brain: *died*

Okay, um... sure i’ll kill someone with you @Archer.

Wait who is this person-

Have you checked your GM PM? If you have, it should have told you your role and your faction (Cryptic/Honourspren.)

We don't want to know what your role or faction is :P

But that being said, if you are a Cryptic, you'll want to vote to kill the person you suspect most among the Honourspren, at least for this cycle. If you are an Honourspren, you'll want to vote to kill the person you suspect most among the Cryptics. (To be clear, you win when all the Enlightened are dead, and if your home faction = or > the other faction. So it does kind of matter which faction your suspect comes from.)

Without spren doc access, I'm just going to point out you'll want to be careful with your votes because you can give the opposing faction a numerical advantage.

(In the perfect world, we'd all agree, kill an Enlightened with our vote, and proceed to win a joint victory between Cryptics and HS. I'd like this to happen but I don't think it is likely right now.)

Since you can't access Google docs, I think your spren faction mates have figured out who you are.

24 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

My brain: *died*

Okay, um... sure i’ll kill someone with you @Archer.

Wait who is this person-

I'm voting TUN. And at this stage in the round, a single vote on someone won't do much unless its coupled with several other votes. Like the ones on TUN. 

Buuut. If you just copy my vote without providing any general thoughts about who your trusts and suspects are it becomes difficult to read you and pins all the blame for an accidental village kill on me so. I suggest owning responsibility for your vote. 

TUN is a pure POE vote and I'm not at all confident in it. 

32 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Same. This has led to me having to include you in my suspect pool ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Strange, because I believe I have too, and Mat's votes make complete sense to me, which implies one of us is mistaken.

FYI, it's in red if you're voting for me, and if you're in my faction, which I suspect you are, then you should keep in mind that's a bad move for us if the Elims kill within us, less bad if the Elims kill in another faction ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not me thinking hoid was on my team 

i thought you were a cryptic bro, bro, we were gonna talk about blockchain currencies 

I'm also very confused about which side TUN is on now. Nobody correct me, ambiguity is technically great. Just fabulous because necessary evils rock

And um, actually, not being able to access Google Docs isn't as uniquely identifying as you might think right now ;D. 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

TUN is a pure POE vote and I'm not at all confident in it. 

I think for me right now, I don't have a strong-valenced read on TUN or of you. I could see a weak preference to not voting for you C1, on the basis that we still need to find Elims, and V!Archer (if V) is still a boost even if it's likely we're on opposite factions. I'm also feeling a bit grimly resigned about either: A. hunting among the inactives* for potential Elims (which become just a bit more likely if we lynch V!you today, and the Elims make an activity kill), and/or B. Elims and Village activity killing, leading to a low activity Village which is easily overwhelmed in both factions. I'm not fully comfortable with this situation as I think it boils down to (effectively) punishing new players for potential inactivity.

I'm still trying to evaluate what I'm more alarmed by at this juncture.

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

not me thinking hoid was on my team 

i thought you were a cryptic bro, bro, we were gonna talk about blockchain currencies 

I'm also very confused about which side TUN is on now. Nobody correct me, ambiguity is technically great. Just fabulous because necessary evils rock

I am also very confused now, so good job, Cryptic... On brand? :P

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

And um, actually, not being able to access Google Docs isn't as uniquely identifying as you might think right now ;D. 

How are you both unable to access Google Docs and simultaneously able to form some hypothesis about who your faction mates are? >>

1 minute ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Waitwhatsanelimdoc also I can see docs, I just can’t write on them. It’s very weird. But is basically caused by the fact that my phone doesn’t have google docs (and can’t get it; I have tried). 

Oh, I feel this pain. My Nokia used to be that way .__. Had to use Facebook messenger donkey years ago to communicate with a doc mate but those were weird circumstances and we don't do that here anymore. Does mean your faction mates can at least send messages to you in a doc, which is helpful for you guys when coordinating.

Elim doc = the doc the Enlightened use. According to the rules, HS Enlightened get one doc, and Cryptic Enlightened get one.