Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive Pathway - Hallway

Calano thought for a second. "Does Windaphra believe it is possible? While the bond between human and spren is what causes the ability to use Surges, I'm unsure if the same mechanics work in the Dreamscape... but if Windaphra believes it's possible, logistically, then yes," Calano said, nodding, "It should be effective."

@Shadowed @The Bookwyrm

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive Pathway - Hallway

"I mean...I see no reason why it shouldn't..." Bookwyrm walked over to Calano and put a hand on his shoulder. Calano suddenly began falling down the hallway, with the end they were travelling towards becoming down. It was a slow fall, though, perhaps only a tenth of what it should have been.

Bookwyrm walked over and did the same to Matra. Then he Lashed himself down towards them and slowly began to speed them up.

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

"I didn't try to. It must've tracked my scent or something." Nameless peered out into the woods, seeing a set of yellow eyes reflecting off the light of his fire. He approached the wolf slowly, holding out a hand in an attempt to calm it. "besides, I'm sure the wolf just wanted to make sure I got back alright."

Beside the first wolf, another set of yellow eyes slowly approached. Then another beside that. And another. Soon, the entire group was surrounded by a sea of yellow eyes, easily dozens of wolves.

"Alright. This... might be bad."

@Aes Sedai @InfiniteInsanity

“You absolute idiot,” Rue breathes, seizing saidar. “You didn’t try to mask your scent or anything?! I’m sorry Insa, but this is his fault! Storming men.” She readies weaves of fire, preparing to attack. Their fur should burn easily enough.

@InfiniteInsanity @UnfortunatelyNamed

"MY fault? You're the one who-" Nameless cut off, taking a deep breath and calming himself. "Sorry Insa. You're right. Wolves first, stupid Aes Sedai arrogance later." He drew in saidin, preparing weaves of fire to ward off the wolves if they got too close. "We can probably scare them off. No need to hurt them if we don't have to."

The circle of wolves closed inwards, several breaking into the light and becoming clearly visible. One sniffed at an unconscious body, seeming curious.

Rue sighed, changing the weaves of fire to weaves of air. She started hitting at muzzles, poking the undersides of paws. "What, it's my fault they don't like me? How did you set such useless wards anyway?!"

@UnfortunatelyNamed @InfinteInsanity

"I didn't want to set lethal wards in the middle of nowhere! Who knows what I might have killed." Nameless launched his weaves, a ring of fire to spring up around the unconscious group, causing the wolves there to spring back in fear. "And anyways, they were probably already inside the wards. Can't blame me for that."

As soon as Rue launched her weaves, the wolves turned towards her, dozens of angry eyes staring straight at the Aes Sedai.

Namelss swiveled to stare at Rue in shock. "You want to use compulsion on them? Light, where'd you learn that? I could never find any hint of it. It's even more closely guarded than the weave for balefire."

The wolves approached, making a new circle with Rue at the center.

@Aes Sedai 

Rue shrugged. "I know balefire too. We learned lots of things during the Last Battle that wouldn't have been allowed normally. Are you sure you don't want me to kill them?" She starts to weave fire, raising a wall between her and the wolves. Light, this won't work for long. 

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Nameless blinked, weaving another wall of fire around them. "I don't know. Perhaps-"

The wolves stepped through Nameless', moving more slowly, sparks of blue light flying off their coats, but the weaves still bent out of the way.

"Light. That's not good."

@Aes Sedai

"I don't think-" Nameless cut off as a wolf finished making its way through the barrier and leapt towards Rue, aiming its teeth for her throat. He blasted it backwards with a weave of fire, preparing others as more wolves started to break through. "Insa! I could use a hand here." He looked about, but couldn't see her through the wall of fire he'd made.

The wolves follow Rue's command, slowly backing away. Their eyes continued to stare at her hatefully.

Nameless breaths out a sigh of relief, but doesn't release saidin. "Alright. Can you get them to leave? Stay away from us?"

@Aes Sedai

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

Rue hesitates. They could make useful weapons in case anything else attacks us...she decides not to voice the thought; it'll only cause another argument, and Insa seems to be getting tired of those. "Yes." She does so, and the wolves run off. "If they come back, or something else does, I can reactivate the Compulsion without too much difficulty."

@UnfortunatelyNamed